Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-11-2009, 07:47 AM   #16
dak121
College superstar

Default Re: Dejuan Blair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Someone tell Michael Beasley, Michael Sweetney and Tyrus Thomas that.

While Blair may be a good rebounder now, it doesn't always translate to the NBA. Some guys have a harder time developing to the speed and consistently playing bigger, tougher, and better players everynight. He will be a huge offensive liability in the NBA.

If a legitimate mental midget like Thomas can average 10 a night in the NBA, Blair should get around 15.

And there's very few guys as tough as Blair is. At either college or NBA level.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #17
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
If a legitimate mental midget like Thomas can average 10 a night in the NBA, Blair should get around 15.

It doesn't work like that.

Quote:
And there's very few guys as tough as Blair is. At either college or NBA level.

Blair thinks he has a problem getting into foul trouble in college, wait until he goes into the NBA. Wait until he has to play guys who are a legit 6'10"-7'0" almost everynight. He's going to be another inconsistent, way undersized PF. And you're probably asking what my reasoning is...while he may be big and tough, he has no jumpshot. The defense will just learn how to play him and make him draw charges since everytime the ball will touch his hand, he'll be predictible.

He will not be able to play as 'big' as he does on the NBA level. The undersized forwards that do well in the NBA have came in showing some kind of range.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #18
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Under-sized at 6'7 but extraordinarily strong, tough, and with a 7'3 wingspan (although a lot of that is shoulders, he has long ass arms). He should look to slim down to improve his conditioning and athleticism like Jason Maxiell did.

He could be a good backup PF, his lack of height will give him problems against the many 6'10+ starting PFs who will shoot right over him.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #19
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

As a fan of the Bulls I am preparing myself for the possibility of Blair being drafted by Chicago. I look at it as both a positive and negative, but I try o focus on the best case scenarios.

I would be thrilled if Blair becomes the modern day Rodman; rebounding as a priority, boxing-out, setting hard screens, being just genuine pest in the paint for opposing players. Even if Blair becomes a Leon Powe type of player he would bring something to the Chicago bench. He is not Blake Griffin for sure, but I can see him fulfilling a needed role.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #20
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

Quote:
There's one "small" difference between Blair and Hansbrough, in that Blair averages 12.4 boards per game, and Hansbrough averages 8.1.

It has shown in the past that rebounding is the skill that translates best from college to the NBA.

Hansbrough is a better prospect, because he has a legitimate jumpshot. Blair is a throwback player. A 6'7" powerforward who has very limited leaping ability or shooting.

Blair should be a late first round pick, IMO.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: