Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default What will it take for Bennett to drop the bust label by season's end?

In a draft where:

#2 Dipo looks very good
    #3 Porter looks meh
    #4 Zeller looks meh
    #5 Len looks meh
    #6 Noel hasn't played

If Bennett continues to put up 10 to 15 point games with a couple of boards for the remainder of the season is he still the biggest bust in basketball history?

I say no. He's back in game shape, he's hustling hard and playing good D (something he didn't really do much of at UNLV) and finishing at the rim. He's playing the game rather than thinking about it.

In last night's most embarrassing loss of the season (which says a lot if you've watched the cavs this year) Big Boy Bennett showed 50x the heart that Kyrie, Tristan, and Deng showed.

He's turned a corner. If he continues his play of late and develops that confidence he can become a real beast at PF down the road.

Default Re: What will it take for Bennett to drop the bust label by season's end?

And I have said all year, don't be so quick to write him off. It was a weak draft, none of those guys were gonna go out and dominate right away. A lot of players don't even show what they will be until their second or third season. Any long time fans remember the development of John Stockton or Steve Nash? Not saying Bennett will be as great as they were but if you don't remember, go back and look, they were no where near great at the beginning.

And if your argument is, well, those guys weren't the number 1 pick........ Again, a weak draft. Noel was supposed to be #1 but he had that injury, it was a roll of the dice for whoever got him. After Noel, there were several guys that could of went number 1, it was all about the GM's preference.

Default Re: What will it take for Bennett to drop the bust label by season's end?

Score more than 15 points a game and leave the Caveliers.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I feel for him for some reason. Mike Brown really hasn't given him a fair go, and he is getting better

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    And I have said all year, don't be so quick to write him off. It was a weak draft, none of those guys were gonna go out and dominate right away. A lot of players don't even show what they will be until their second or third season. Any long time fans remember the development of John Stockton or Steve Nash? Not saying Bennett will be as great as they were but if you don't remember, go back and look, they were no where near great at the beginning.

And if your argument is, well, those guys weren't the number 1 pick........ Again, a weak draft. Noel was supposed to be #1 but he had that injury, it was a roll of the dice for whoever got him. After Noel, there were several guys that could of went number 1, it was all about the GM's preference.

i wanted Noel pre draft but I had my reservations about a 220 lb C that has 0 offensive game.

I wish he would suit and play already so we can see what he can do.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

A miracle?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i wanted Noel pre draft but I had my reservations about a 220 lb C that has 0 offensive game.

I wish he would suit and play already so we can see what he can do.
    220lb center is going to get bullied

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    I feel for him for some reason. Mike Brown really hasn't given him a fair go, and he is getting better
    i disagree with that.. AB was so out of shape he would be gasping for air after 5 minuted.. What was MB supposed to do? Keep him in?

Bennett actually seems to be one of the few guys on the team that are buying into to MB's defensive philosophies. Lately he's been working harder on the defensive end than Tristan Thompson, and that's saying a lot considering he played no D in college. Gotta give credit when its due.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    220lb center is going to get bullied

Sanders is pretty light, Noah came into the league pretty light too.. He can be successful but Noel def. wasn't a sure thing #1 pick that the cavs passed on.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Sanders is pretty light, Noah came into the league pretty light too.. He can be successful but Noel def. wasn't a sure thing #1 pick that the cavs passed on.
    Noel doesn't look strong, Sanders has some bulk

Probably not happening this year. If he gets in shape and starts to produce next year then the bust talk will die down.

Average at least 10-12 ppg in the next 33 games. He did scored 14 points on 40 FG%, and grabbed 8 rebounds against the Lakers. He needs to hire a personal fitness trainer.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Maybe if he can start making layups that will help

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

he can't correct that perception this year. He would need to come in next year and be a major player for a winning cavs team or put up big numbers the entire season (and show massive skill doing so) before he could lose the label. Fair or unfair, thats the way it is.

He surpassed 100 points on the year

What a monster