Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

Default Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

(Cont...) "What I mean by that, he can shoot a jumper, he can post up, He's really to me the only player in the NBA, just fantastic at both of those things and is a really good jump shooter and is going to be a very few guys that can cover him on the floor and he can take'em on to the box."

Extras:
Kenny: "and lastly he can take you off of the dribble....

That's this year he'll be the MVP in the league. He's going to be demanded to do the most."

Can't Agree anymore with both these guys, Best scorer in the NBA and possibly not likely, but possibly an MVP this season. I still think it'll either be LeBron or CP3.
RedZiggyZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
juju151111
NBA All-star

Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZiggyZag
(Cont...) "What I mean by that, he can shoot a jumper, he can post up, He's really to me the only player in the NBA, just fantastic at both of those things and is a really good jump shooter and is going to be a very few guys that can cover him on the floor and he can take'em on to the box."

Extras:
Kenny: "and lastly he can take you off of the dribble....

That's this year he'll be the MVP in the league. He's going to be demanded to do the most."

Can't Agree anymore with both these guys, Best scorer in the NBA and possibly not likely, but possibly an MVP this season. I still think it'll either be LeBron or CP3.
People forget that he was injured at the start of the season last year. He is fully rested from olympics and lost 10 pounds.
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
che guevara
Local High School Star

Wade and Lebron both score more points on better efficiency. Until Melo surpasses them in those categories (it's only been 2 games, wait until at least 20), I say they better scorers. What does it even mean to be the best scorer if you score less on worse efficiency?
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by che guevara
Wade and Lebron both score more points on better efficiency. Until Melo surpasses them in those categories (it's only been 2 games, wait until at least 20), I say they better scorers. What does it even mean to be the best scorer if you score less on worse efficiency?

What they are talking about in Melo is that he is more of versatile scorer similar to Pierce who he has been compared to a lot in his career. They can do it all offensively which also makes them very valuable in the clutch.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

melo is gna be mvp
check out my name
been saying it since last year
<---------
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
What they are talking about in Melo is that he is more of versatile scorer similar to Pierce who he has been compared to a lot in his career. They can do it all offensively which also makes them very valuable in the clutch.
He may be versatile but when it comes down to "best", who cares how you score as long as you are more efficient? So Barkley is wrong.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
Poodle
Banned

Melo works so hard to get the ball on every play, and he looks like he's putting it all out there every minute he's on the court so far. I'm just afraid he can't keep this pace and motivation up throughout a whole NBA season.

You could also tell he took it personally when Roy reverse crossed him and made a highlight of Melo. I really like MElo's attitude right now.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Not that i disagree, but this is the same man that said the Cavs wouldnt make the playoffs a couple of years back
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
He may be versatile but when it comes down to "best", who cares how you score as long as you are more efficient? So Barkley is wrong.
Jeez I really hate this argument and statement when people say this. What you are saying is, as long as Player A produces more than Player B then he's a better scorer correct? Well, go compare Karl Malone to Tim Duncan then.....Who's the better scorer here? Malone had averaged better PPG stats and was more efficient. Are you really going to tell me he's a better scorer than Duncan? No, because he wasn't.

Melo can do it all, the only scorer arguably better is either Durant or Kobe.
RedZiggyZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
layzielarry

Did anyone see last night's game? Reggie Miller kept attributing Melo's great performance to being around Kobe Bryant in the Olympics...
Old 10-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
DLeagueWannabe
a softer side

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzielarry
Did anyone see last night's game? Reggie Miller kept attributing Melo's great performance to being around Kobe Bryant in the Olympics...

you go to Fullerton? So do I, welcome to the boards...
DLeagueWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZiggyZag
Jeez I really hate this argument and statement when people say this. What you are saying is, as long as Player A produces more than Player B then he's a better scorer correct? Well, go compare Karl Malone to Tim Duncan then.....Who's the better scorer here? Malone had averaged better PPG stats and was more efficient. Are you really going to tell me he's a better scorer than Duncan? No, because he wasn't.

Melo can do it all, the only scorer arguably better is either Durant or Kobe.

There is a difference between being a better scorer and being a better offensive player. Malone was a better scorer, but Duncan is a better offensive player - in my opinion.

Anyways, this whole MVP talk is stupid.

LeBron is going to put up insane averages on a likely 55+ win team. Unless he gets injured or Kobe leads his team to 70 wins, he's going to be the MVP.

And rightfully so - LeBron does everything for that team. He might do more for his team (whether it's Mike Browns fault or not) than anyone in the history of the game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #13
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

ya miller kept saying... ya kobe completely changed melo... i rly doubt that
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #14
layzielarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeagueWannabe
you go to Fullerton? So do I, welcome to the boards...

Thanks, I don't have a particular favorite NBA team so I thought a CSUF avatar would suffice. However, we did produce the most notorious dirty nba player to ever grace the court...BRUCE BOWEN hahaha shows the kind of nba talent this school produces.

Last edited by layzielarry : 10-30-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #15
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzielarry
well, not really. he said that melo's defensive improvement may be attributed to playing in the olympics with kobe. that's certainly a possibility.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: