Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....
 
RedZiggyZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where "Clutch" Happens
Posts: 930
Default Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

(Cont...) "What I mean by that, he can shoot a jumper, he can post up, He's really to me the only player in the NBA, just fantastic at both of those things and is a really good jump shooter and is going to be a very few guys that can cover him on the floor and he can take'em on to the box."

Extras:
Kenny: "and lastly he can take you off of the dribble....

That's this year he'll be the MVP in the league. He's going to be demanded to do the most."

Can't Agree anymore with both these guys, Best scorer in the NBA and possibly not likely, but possibly an MVP this season. I still think it'll either be LeBron or CP3.
RedZiggyZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
juju151111
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,376
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZiggyZag
(Cont...) "What I mean by that, he can shoot a jumper, he can post up, He's really to me the only player in the NBA, just fantastic at both of those things and is a really good jump shooter and is going to be a very few guys that can cover him on the floor and he can take'em on to the box."

Extras:
Kenny: "and lastly he can take you off of the dribble....

That's this year he'll be the MVP in the league. He's going to be demanded to do the most."

Can't Agree anymore with both these guys, Best scorer in the NBA and possibly not likely, but possibly an MVP this season. I still think it'll either be LeBron or CP3.
People forget that he was injured at the start of the season last year. He is fully rested from olympics and lost 10 pounds.
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
che guevara
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,758
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Wade and Lebron both score more points on better efficiency. Until Melo surpasses them in those categories (it's only been 2 games, wait until at least 20), I say they better scorers. What does it even mean to be the best scorer if you score less on worse efficiency?
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,857
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Quote:
Originally Posted by che guevara
Wade and Lebron both score more points on better efficiency. Until Melo surpasses them in those categories (it's only been 2 games, wait until at least 20), I say they better scorers. What does it even mean to be the best scorer if you score less on worse efficiency?

What they are talking about in Melo is that he is more of versatile scorer similar to Pierce who he has been compared to a lot in his career. They can do it all offensively which also makes them very valuable in the clutch.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs
 
MeLO MvP 15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,708
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

melo is gna be mvp
check out my name
been saying it since last year
<---------
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,936
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
What they are talking about in Melo is that he is more of versatile scorer similar to Pierce who he has been compared to a lot in his career. They can do it all offensively which also makes them very valuable in the clutch.
He may be versatile but when it comes down to "best", who cares how you score as long as you are more efficient? So Barkley is wrong.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,292
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Melo works so hard to get the ball on every play, and he looks like he's putting it all out there every minute he's on the court so far. I'm just afraid he can't keep this pace and motivation up throughout a whole NBA season.

You could also tell he took it personally when Roy reverse crossed him and made a highlight of Melo. I really like MElo's attitude right now.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,890
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Not that i disagree, but this is the same man that said the Cavs wouldnt make the playoffs a couple of years back
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....
 
RedZiggyZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where "Clutch" Happens
Posts: 930
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
He may be versatile but when it comes down to "best", who cares how you score as long as you are more efficient? So Barkley is wrong.
Jeez I really hate this argument and statement when people say this. What you are saying is, as long as Player A produces more than Player B then he's a better scorer correct? Well, go compare Karl Malone to Tim Duncan then.....Who's the better scorer here? Malone had averaged better PPG stats and was more efficient. Are you really going to tell me he's a better scorer than Duncan? No, because he wasn't.

Melo can do it all, the only scorer arguably better is either Durant or Kobe.
RedZiggyZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
layzielarry
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Did anyone see last night's game? Reggie Miller kept attributing Melo's great performance to being around Kobe Bryant in the Olympics...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
DLeagueWannabe
a softer side
 
DLeagueWannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City Of Demons
Posts: 585
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzielarry
Did anyone see last night's game? Reggie Miller kept attributing Melo's great performance to being around Kobe Bryant in the Olympics...


you go to Fullerton? So do I, welcome to the boards...
DLeagueWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,079
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZiggyZag
Jeez I really hate this argument and statement when people say this. What you are saying is, as long as Player A produces more than Player B then he's a better scorer correct? Well, go compare Karl Malone to Tim Duncan then.....Who's the better scorer here? Malone had averaged better PPG stats and was more efficient. Are you really going to tell me he's a better scorer than Duncan? No, because he wasn't.

Melo can do it all, the only scorer arguably better is either Durant or Kobe.

There is a difference between being a better scorer and being a better offensive player. Malone was a better scorer, but Duncan is a better offensive player - in my opinion.

Anyways, this whole MVP talk is stupid.

LeBron is going to put up insane averages on a likely 55+ win team. Unless he gets injured or Kobe leads his team to 70 wins, he's going to be the MVP.

And rightfully so - LeBron does everything for that team. He might do more for his team (whether it's Mike Browns fault or not) than anyone in the history of the game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #13
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs
 
MeLO MvP 15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,708
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

ya miller kept saying... ya kobe completely changed melo... i rly doubt that
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #14
layzielarry
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeagueWannabe
you go to Fullerton? So do I, welcome to the boards...

Thanks, I don't have a particular favorite NBA team so I thought a CSUF avatar would suffice. However, we did produce the most notorious dirty nba player to ever grace the court...BRUCE BOWEN hahaha shows the kind of nba talent this school produces.

Last edited by layzielarry : 10-30-2009 at 06:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #15
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!
 
Quizno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 4,113
Default Re: Barkley: "Melo is the Best Flat out Scorer in the NBA."

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzielarry
Did anyone see last night's game? Reggie Miller kept attributing Melo's great performance to being around Kobe Bryant in the Olympics...
well, not really. he said that melo's defensive improvement may be attributed to playing in the olympics with kobe. that's certainly a possibility.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy