Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #16
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 20,993
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Like I said his only argument is stats. Being clutch is about actually winning games. Like carbine said Ben has the most come from behind wins and has had a ton of game winning drives.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #17
TrueDiesel3
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Like I said his only argument is stats. Being clutch is about actually winning games. Like carbine said Ben has the most come from behind wins and has had a ton of game winning drives.
Ok so I guess he's better than Peyton Manning now. If anybody wants to dog on Rivers for not winning shit, then I guess we'll have to dog on Manning for not winning shit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 20,993
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDiesel3
Ok so I guess he's better than Peyton Manning now. If anybody wants to dog on Rivers for not winning shit, then I guess we'll have to dog on Manning for not winning shit.

Um he's been to two super bowls and won 1...
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,077
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDiesel3
Sadly, the shit you just listed has a lot to do with the team as well. When it comes down to being a QB, Rivers is better. Not to mention Rivers is WAY more consistent than Roethelisberger is. Seriously, Rivers' lowest QB rating last season was 83 against the Ravens. 83 was his lowest all season, everything else was higher. Could you say the same for Ben? No, he was too busy getting owned by the Browns.

If you want to talk about why Roethelisberger wins more, he can thank his defense. What kind of defense does Rivers have? A so-so defensive team with a bunch of low IQ retards like Cromartie. Roethsliberger has had, hmmm..... Polamalu, Harrison, Woodley, etc. Two DPOY caliber players right there. How many DPOY caliber players has Rivers had?



I got no conversation for you.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #20
TrueDiesel3
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine


I got no conversation for you.
Because Rivers is better? Tight.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Um he's been to two super bowls and won 1...
Ok, so Roethlisberger > Manning before 2006 right? Just using your logic, he was always owned by the Patriots. So I guess he's a choker too right? I mean remember the game he threw 3 INTs to Ty Law? Choker? He pulled a Rivers?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #21
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 20,993
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDiesel3
Because Rivers is better? Tight.......


Ok, so Roethlisberger > Manning before 2006 right? Just using your logic, he was always owned by the Patriots. So I guess he's a choker too right? I mean remember the game he threw 3 INTs to Ty Law? Choker? He pulled a Rivers?

I don't get how the Steelers defense gets all the credit for winning while the Chargers defense gets all of the blame for losing.

I'm not really even going to bother with the Peyton Manning thing.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:20 PM   #22
TrueDiesel3
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I don't get how the Steelers defense gets all the credit for winning while the Chargers defense gets all of the blame for losing.

I'm not really even going to bother with the Peyton Manning thing.
I'm not giving all the credit to the Steelers defense, they just deserve a lot of credit for winning those two Superbowls. I see that you live in Pittsburgh, mabye I'm biased because I hate Roethlisberger for being a rapist, weirdo, queer, fag, etc. One thing that's positive is that Rivers has always had a terrible defense and his offensive line was never that great either (at least last season).

Who are your Top 10 QBs in the NFL then? I'd like to see your Top 10.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #23
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 20,993
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDiesel3
I'm not giving all the credit to the Steelers defense, they just deserve a lot of credit for winning those two Superbowls. I see that you live in Pittsburgh, mabye I'm biased because I hate Roethlisberger for being a rapist, weirdo, queer, fag, etc. One thing that's positive is that Rivers has always had a terrible defense and his offensive line was never that great either (at least last season).

Who are your Top 10 QBs in the NFL then? I'd like to see your Top 10.

I don't like Ben as a person but I still think he is a very good player.

1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Ben
5. Rivers
6. Rodgers
7. Romo
8. McNabb
9. Schaub
10. Eli

I'm just going to leave Favre out of it because techinically he's not playing and **** him.

I'm just sick of his overly dramatic retirment shit.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #24
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge
 
AirGauge23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Border
Posts: 3,916
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I don't get how the Steelers defense gets all the credit for winning while the Chargers defense gets all of the blame for losing.

I'm not really even going to bother with the Peyton Manning thing.

Because that's how things have gone down.

I can't remember how many times the Offense had to bail out the D when they constantly gave up the lead. Other times they had a good cushion, and again they blew it, and in came again the O to clean it up.

I'll take Rivers, not only do I think he's better right now, but he still has a lot to give.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #25
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 8,344
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Ben has always been the hardest QB for me to rank...

and Brees should be everyone's #1 right now...over Peyton


Brady and Favre are very hard to rank right now also, as Brady is showing signs of a possible slow down and Favre is 78 years old...

Rodgers is super high on lists now, I see him at #3 overall on many, over Brady...it seems to me that Rodgers is becoming overrated...he has somehow created a ton of hype for himself without winning anything, something that Romo was never able to do...

1. Brees
2. Peyton

everyone else is tied for 3rd in my book...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #26
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,626
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
With all that said, Roethlisberger had better stats last year, had another year that rivals Rivers best in 07 I believe.

Rivers had better stats last year. Roethlisberger just doesn't scare me at all (he's been terrible against my team). He gets more credit than he deserves. The Steelers have won some games in the playoffs (including a SB) in spite of him.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #27
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,077
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

The thing with Rodgers is he just got done having a year that was better than any season Manning or Brady have had aside from their two great seasons.

Rodgers was also a monster against the Cards in the playoffs.

4750 total yards, 30 touchdowns and 7 picks.....in a cold weather stadium.

That is really amazing. That's a historic level season.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #28
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 8,344
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
The thing with Rodgers is he just got done having a year that was better than any season Manning or Brady have had aside from their two great seasons.

Rodgers was also a monster against the Cards in the playoffs.

4750 total yards, 30 touchdowns and 7 picks.....in a cold weather stadium.

That is really amazing. That's a historic level season.
Rodgers is awesome, and has awesome stats...just like someone else I know

IDK, it just seems like the hype trian for this guy is getting bigger and bigger every time I see a QB list...

and maybe he is better than Brady right now...hard to tell...but it shouldn't be a definate to anyone I don't think...

really, imo:

-Rivers
-Romo
-Favre
-Brady
-Ben
-Rodgers

^^^ an arguement could be made for any of those dudes right now to be over each other...

Rodgers and Romo have the most upside...while Brady and Favre have the most downside (IMO)...and Ben and Rivers will likely remain at the same level they are at now...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #29
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,077
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Romo belongs outside of that group of quarterbacks, clearly.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #30
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 8,344
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Romo belongs outside of that group of quarterbacks, clearly.
bet he leaps half that group this year in the eyes of the public...

he is set this year to have a MONSTER season...his INTs are down, all his weapons are finally healthy...throw in a Dez...should be his best year ever
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy