Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #31
TrueDiesel3

Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
The thing with Rodgers is he just got done having a year that was better than any season Manning or Brady have had aside from their two great seasons.

Rodgers was also a monster against the Cards in the playoffs.

4750 total yards, 30 touchdowns and 7 picks.....in a cold weather stadium.

That is really amazing. That's a historic level season.
Um ok, so what? We aren't talking about who's the best of all-time, we are just talking about who's the best now, because McNabb is Top 3-5 if we are talking about all-time. It doesn't matter how long Rodgers has done it, he's done it. Plain and simple. Otherwise, we could go ahead and criticize Revis for only having one good season or we could go ahead and criticize Brandon Marshall, I could go on, but you should get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Rivers had better stats last year. Roethlisberger just doesn't scare me at all (he's been terrible against my team). He gets more credit than he deserves. The Steelers have won some games in the playoffs (including a SB) in spite of him.
I said the same thing but Carbine doesn't listen.....
Old 06-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #32
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

I don't like how his year Romo will remain in the top 5 NFL stat wise the entire year, yet no one will give him a shred of credit until he "wins a big game"...except this year it will be "HE HAS ONLY WON 1 PLAYOFF GAME DUDE!!!...JESUS!!!"

and then at the same time, Rodgers will be getting hailed as the next Montana, without having won a damn thing.

some will even do the same with Schaub somehow...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #33
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Jackass your team is the Redskins, he has played them no more than 3 times in his career I would guess.

As far as Bens stats go, he only played 15 games last year.... if he played all 16 he would have had around 4600/28/13 with over a 100 rating in PITTSBURGH..... a city where 4000 yard passers, let alone 4600 yard passers.... never happen. Like, never.

Rivers had 4250/28/9 with over a 100 rating... in one of the most beautiful places to play football. You tell me who has more impressive/better stats. At the very least they are equal there.

As far as Romo, if he doesn't put up 4500/35 it'll be an underachievement, he has some serious, serious weapons. Best in the league, in my opinion....if Dez is the type of playmaker he showed in college.

Quote:
Um ok, so what? We aren't talking about who's the best of all-time, we are just talking about who's the best now, because McNabb is Top 3-5 if we are talking about all-time. It doesn't matter how long Rodgers has done it, he's done it. Plain and simple. Otherwise, we could go ahead and criticize Revis for only having one good season or we could go ahead and criticize Brandon Marshall, I could go on, but you should get the point.

I wasn't saying Rodgers has to prove his worth and thus can't be ranked high. I was praising his season he just had, a historical one....as a response to why he's so high up on many lists.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #34
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
I don't like how his year Romo will remain in the top 5 NFL stat wise the entire year, yet no one will give him a shred of credit until he "wins a big game"...except this year it will be "HE HAS ONLY WON 1 PLAYOFF GAME DUDE!!!...JESUS!!!"

and then at the same time, Rodgers will be getting hailed as the next Montana, without having won a damn thing.

some will even do the same with Schaub somehow...

There is a difference between Rodgers & Romo.... Rodgers looks, to me, visably better than Romo. I can watch 5 games of both and come to a conclusion that Rodgers is a better player. He has everything, the arm, the legs (most rushing yards for a quarterback) and the leadership qualities.

There will come a point in Rodgers career, probably soon, that people will raise the question of his playoff success/big game success. It hasn't happened yet because he's only a 2 year starter and the one time he was in the playoffs? He put up a historical game and was the main reason his team was in the game - the same can not be said for Romo for his early playoff games.

The only thing that is really similar between Romo and Rodgers is they both have great regular season stats... but it ends there when you look deeper.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #35
jazz873
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-

Rodgers is super high on lists now, I see him at #3 overall on many, over Brady...it seems to me that Rodgers is becoming overrated...he has somehow created a ton of hype for himself without winning anything, something that Romo was never able to do...
You can't really judge Rodgers on what he has won yet. He has only played 2 seasons, one in which he made it to the playoffs. Just consider us all lucky he isn't playing for the new yorks, dallas, or any of the big media teams.

As to the Big Ben vs Rivers debate. In my opinion it comes down to how you rate your quarterbacks. If you are the type of person who believes that quarterbacks should only be judged on how they win or lose then big ben is your man. But i personally think Rivers is the better qb
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #36
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Rodgers has alot of rushing yards because his line sucked...not because he is Mike Vick

I beleive he also led the NFL in getting sacked...

Rodgers has slightly better stats than Romo last year...but not Romo in 2007...their is no certainty on who is better right now...NO ONE should be shocked if Romo puts up bigger numbers than Rodgers this year, or the other way around...
Old 06-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #37
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

times sacked last year:

1 Aaron Rodgers: 50
1 Ben Roethlisberger: 50
3 Jason Campbell:43
4 Matt Cassel:42
4 David Garrard: 42
Old 06-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #38
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

That doesn't make what Rodgers does with his feet any less impressive with his line being crap. If he wasn't athletic, he'd get sacked even more.

"he gets a lot of rushing yard because his line sucks"

Sounds like you're trying to downplay how important and unique that part of his game is.

And LOL @ you thinking 4350 total yards, 38 total touchdowns and/19 interceptions is on the level of 4750 total yards, 35 total touchdowns and 7 interceptions.

Really, not even close.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #39
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
That doesn't make what Rodgers does with his feet any less impressive with his line being crap. If he wasn't athletic, he'd get sacked even more.

"he gets a lot of rushing yard because his line sucks"

Sounds like you're trying to downplay how important and unique that part of his game is.

And LOL @ you thinking 4350 total yards, 38 total touchdowns and/19 interceptions is on the level of 4750 total yards, 35 total touchdowns and 7 interceptions.

Really, not even close.
I said he had slightly better numbers...LOL @ you not reading worth a shit and putting words in my mouth as usual...when are you going to announce that I think Rodgers sucks?

Romo is a known scramble machine...he is NO statue

you know what Rodgers can't do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjplYy_zT0Y

^^^ that
Old 06-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #40
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Rodgers has slightly better stats than Romo last year...but not Romo in 2007

I didn't put words in your mouth. You said right there Rodgers didn't have better stats than Romo in 2007, which is clearly wrong.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #41
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

it is wrong, you're right...

but those aren't Romo's numbers in 2007...what are you listing there?
Old 06-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #42
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

is that regular season + post season or something?
Old 06-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #43
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

4211 passing yard + 129 rushing yard = 4350 total yards rounded up.

36 passing touchdowns + 2 rushing - = 38 total touchdowns.

19 interceptions.

Those are in fact correct 2007 numbers for Romo.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #44
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

okay, you added rushing yards...

and I stand corrected, Rodgers had better stats last year than Romo did in 2007...looks to be true

we will see what happens THIS year...and to be clear, I am not claiming that Romo will do better than Rodgers...but I am claiming that Romo will leap into a top 5 spot...with others who wre expected to do awesome (Brady, Favre) to DROP and dissapoint...
Old 06-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #45
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Brady won't drop because of his reputation and Boston fans will slurp him and make excuses for him if he plays below expectations.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: