Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
sweggeh
NBA lottery pick
 
sweggeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,411
Default Superpowers with a twist...

You meet a guy who says he can give you one of three coloured pills. You have four choice, to take one of the 3 pills or to take none.

The Blue pill gives you the power to fly. The twist is that it causes immense pain on your back, pain so bad you feel like passing out. There is no way to avoid it. If you go ahead and fly through the pain, within a year you will be permanently paralysed from the waist down and have to live the rest of your life in a wheelchair. Definitely wont be any flying at that point.

The Red pill gives you the power to read anyone's mind, and to be a fly on the wall for all of their memories. The twist is that you will actually, literally become a fly. You will be able to hear and see everything in a persons mind but you will be an insect for the remaining duration of your life.

The White pill gives you the power to attract any woman. The twist is the woman has to have been a man at some point in her life. So you can only attract transsexuals. Hey, some of them can be hot, right?


Which would you choose, if any, and why?
sweggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:48 PM   #2
CNNonceAgain
Banned
 
CNNonceAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The Promised Lands
Posts: 568
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

I'd choose whatever coloured pill gives me the power to get back the 10 seconds I spent reading that nonsense.
CNNonceAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,216
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

Not an interesting hypothetical
The downsides of those pills greatly outweigh the positives.
No intelligent person would take any of those pills
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
sweggeh
NBA lottery pick
 
sweggeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,411
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Not an interesting hypothetical
The downsides of those pills greatly outweigh the positives.
No intelligent person would take any of those pills

Not really. Only the second one you could say greatly outweighs its positive. With the flying one, you only feel pain IF you fly. Wouldnt it be cool to be able to fly if necessary, even if it was painful? You just wouldnt be able to do it much.

With the last one, you dont have to fvck them. It would just be an added skill. You lose nothing.
sweggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #5
Im so nba'd out
Banned
 
Im so nba'd out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sixerland
Posts: 6,268
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

Why Does Op Only Have 1 Red Bar............................................... ..................................
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #6
sweggeh
NBA lottery pick
 
sweggeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,411
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
Why Does Op Only Have 1 Red Bar............................................... ..................................

I had a green bar before the last hour...
sweggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #7
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!
 
brantonli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 13433 km from Land of 2 Rings
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

First option renders you paralysed for the rest of your life.
Second makes you an insect (WTF)
Third is only useful if you enjoy transsexuals (probably not most people then).

So all of these 'superpowers' aren't super at all.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #8
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,216
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweggeh
Not really. Only the second one you could say greatly outweighs its positive. With the flying one, you only feel pain IF you fly. Wouldnt it be cool to be able to fly if necessary, even if it was painful? You just wouldnt be able to do it much.

With the last one, you dont have to fvck them. It would just be an added skill. You lose nothing.
flying has never appealed to me.

Flying is actually quite dangerous if you dont have super senses, quick reaction times, and invulnerability

Even if you offered me superman's powers for 10 years, and I would be paralyzed for the rest of my life, I still wouldnt take it. But that would require at least some thought.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #9
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,216
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
Why Does Op Only Have 1 Red Bar............................................... ..................................
he doesnt seem to care about his rep, so personally I dont bother negging him because it imo wont affect him.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #10
sweggeh
NBA lottery pick
 
sweggeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,411
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
First option renders you paralysed for the rest of your life.
Second makes you an insect (WTF)
Third is only useful if you enjoy transsexuals (probably not most people then).

So all of these 'superpowers' aren't super at all.

You telling me you wouldnt enjoy this?





sweggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #11
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,216
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
First option renders you paralysed for the rest of your life.
Second makes you an insect (WTF)
Third is only useful if you enjoy transsexuals (probably not most people then).

So all of these 'superpowers' aren't super at all.
also even if you did enjoy trannys, they are like what 0.01% of the population?
You might not meet a tranny in your entire life
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #12
Jameerthefear
Paid shill
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Swimming in cash
Posts: 38,709
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweggeh
You telling me you wouldnt enjoy this?





Alrighty then sign me for the white pill.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #13
GimmeThat
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5,882
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweggeh
You meet a guy who says he can give you one of three coloured pills. You have four choice, to take one of the 3 pills or to take none.

The Blue pill gives you the power to fly. The twist is that it causes immense pain on your back, pain so bad you feel like passing out. There is no way to avoid it. If you go ahead and fly through the pain, within a year you will be permanently paralysed from the waist down and have to live the rest of your life in a wheelchair. Definitely wont be any flying at that point.

The Red pill gives you the power to read anyone's mind, and to be a fly on the wall for all of their memories. The twist is that you will actually, literally become a fly. You will be able to hear and see everything in a persons mind but you will be an insect for the remaining duration of your life.

The White pill gives you the power to attract any woman. The twist is the woman has to have been a man at some point in her life. So you can only attract transsexuals. Hey, some of them can be hot, right?


Which would you choose, if any, and why?



Which pill I would take?
Just give me a gun, and all threat are eliminated

Last edited by GimmeThat : 07-20-2014 at 05:12 PM.
GimmeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:38 PM   #14
sweggeh
NBA lottery pick
 
sweggeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,411
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Alrighty then sign me for the white pill.

My nikka

This kid knows whats up
sweggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:09 PM   #15
LOLCATS
Good High School Starter
 
LOLCATS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 906
Default Re: Superpowers with a twist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweggeh
You telling me you wouldnt enjoy this?






Wow they are beautiful.

I actually had a phase in my twenties where I was dating transsexual women and I can say it was a great time in my life. A lot of people are misconceptions on them but there a lot out there that look amazing and are truly beautiful people inside and out. I can honestly say the sexiest women I have ever seen in my life have been transgender.

I am married now with a natural born woman but I will never forget the time I had, and how great life was for a period just because I broadened my horizons and found something amazing. As for the question, I would definitely choose the white pill
LOLCATS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy