Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Default Re: Blake Griffin throws down best NBA dunk of year on Kendrick Perkins Jan. 30, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    dude that is still at least 5 and a half feet. at least. its not like he is some guy who is 5'8 bending over to tie his shoe. give credit where credit is due. i'm not much of a lebron fan, but it was a sick dunk.
    Tryna balance the troll scale with 32dayz talk.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: Reps for the GIF of Blake Griffin's poster on Perk

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    I been watching bball for 25 years....greatest dunk I have ever seen.
    Then you probably don't watch many games. Vince Carter dunking over 7 foot Fredrick Weis is the greatest dunk ever. Hands down.

Am I the only one who isn't that impressed? Perkins is a non-leaper, so the dunk wasn't even contested.

Give me a dunk where someone is actually trying to block it.

Gotta give Perk credit, Bynum was practically out of the paint every time Blake was going for a dunk not to get posterized

Default Re: Blake Griffin throws down best NBA dunk of year on Kendrick Perkins Jan. 30, 2012

Actually that was decent defense by Perk. He kept Blake from get too close to the basket. However, Blake just kept going up and up and up and managed to throw it down.

NBA Superstar

The LeBron James dunk and the Blake Griffin slam were both spectacular. Griffin's got more a rise out of me though. I prefer his dunking style in most cases, particularly in this comparison. Facials have happened before, but not like this. I'm not saying no one's done it better. Rather, I'm saying I can't remember someone doing it in this style, and it is a pleasing style. I'm not sure I would have liked it as much if he grabbed the rim. Not grabbing the rim allowed the continuation of his throwing motion and sort of made it look like he was stalled out in the air for a minute.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Is this technically offensive goaltending since he is not holding the ball when his hand hit the rim, and the ball had not gone through yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Is this technically offensive goaltending since he is not holding the ball when his hand hit the rim, and the ball had not gone through yet?
    Are you being your name?

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Am I the only one who isn't that impressed? Perkins is a non-leaper, so the dunk wasn't even contested.

Give me a dunk where someone is actually trying to block it.
    Must take alot to impress you....

Kendrick Perkins holding down the 409 nicely, I see.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    That Blake dunk has been done many times before.

He didn't power through anything he just jumped up high enough where he could throw it in without anyone contesting it.
    Perkins simply was too slow to contest it in time and was made to look silly.

He didn't actually push Perkins or move him.
    that's the final straw. I'm perplexed. How the hell was Blake's dunk not spectacular or impressive? The sheer amount of posters claiming it's the best dunk they've ever seen should help its case.

Are you watching the same clips I'm watching? The one where Blake Griffin achieves the most spectacular breakthrough in flight since the Wright Brothers? The one where he rises about four feet OVER a 7 foot tall NBA center? I'm sorry you can't appreciate an amazing thing... truly.
    I saw the dunk over twelve hours ago and I'm still here posting about it. Awesome dunk.

Wow, you're tall CelticsDraftee's Avatar

Durant gettin' the hell outta the way.

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    that's the final straw. I'm perplexed. How the hell was Blake's dunk not spectacular or impressive? The sheer amount of posters claiming it's the best dunk they've ever seen should help its case.

Are you watching the same clips I'm watching? The one where Blake Griffin achieves the most spectacular breakthrough in flight since the Wright Brothers? The one where he rises about four feet OVER a 7 foot tall NBA center? I'm sorry you can't appreciate an amazing thing... truly.
    I saw the dunk over twelve hours ago and I'm still here posting about it. Awesome dunk.
    It was an amazing and awesome dunk I just didn't flip out over it.

The top of his head was at rim level which is pretty high but the rest of the dunk was pretty simple.
    Perkins just was too slow to defend it and got posterized badly.

I dont see why you think he is getting up so high though.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by CelticsDraftee
    Durant gettin' the hell outta the way.

not a dunk.
    see: dhow's cape dunk