Default Why Won't They Just Say It Was a Suicide?

Ivy League business consultant falls 30 stories to her death in NY apartment building

[quote]A 28-year-old Ivy League-educated business consultant has fallen to her death from a luxury New York apartment building.
    Stephanie Becker died after plummeting 30 stories from the roof of the building in the city's exclusive Chelsea neighbourhood.
    Ms Becker, who worked for IBM and had a degree from the University of Pennsylvania and an MBA from New York Stern - fell to her death yesterday morning, according to the police.
    She fell from the roof of 55 West 26th Street at about 8:15 am, but did not leave a note before her fall, according to the police.
    Originally from Stamford, Connecticut, Ms Becker worked as a strategy consultant for the software firm, and was active within the Jewish community.
    Her Facebook page reveals a popular young woman who travelled the world.
    Her photographs show that she has traveled across the globe, taking trips to Singapore, and traveling to Israel on Jewish program Birthright.
    Ms Becker attended Westhill High School in Stamford, before going to college and then joining IBM in July 2006.
    She earned her MBA while employed with the firm, according to the New York Post.
    Ms Becker posted a message on Facebook saying: 'I chew gum louder than you talk. But don

Default Re: Why Won't They Just Say It Was a Suicide?

In fact, I'll just post it for those of you who don't feel like clicking on the link:

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Because nobody wants to admit that its not just the crazy, drug addicted people who have inner demons strong enough to lead them to jump out of a 30 story window.

Oh snap a drink in her hand and a swimsuit/sunglasses combo in what looks like a thunderstorm and 60 degree weather. Add in 1500 friends and its clear this girl was living the life

Was it a suicide? Couldn't she have been pushed?

cant really label the type of death till the investigation is over.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Because nobody wants to admit that its not just the crazy, drug addicted people who have inner demons strong enough to lead them to jump out of a 30 story window.

Boom. Potent, and right on point.

I'd like to believe if it was some lower income shmuck, they would have labeled it an "apparent suicide" at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    The article pretty much describes a suicide, but does not state that it was a suicide. WTF?
    Because the article describes a death that might just as easily not be a suicide.

The article is avoiding jumping to conclusions. Sounds like responsible journalism to me.

Haven't you seen the movie Sliver?

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Because the article describes a death that might just as easily not be a suicide.

The article is avoiding jumping to conclusions. Sounds like responsible journalism to me.

That's why I remove myself from Facebook. People commit suicide and the media pries into their life by quoting her random messages and sharing personal information....it's so fkin creepy.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    That's why I remove myself from Facebook. People commit suicide and the media pries into their life by quoting her random messages and sharing personal information....it's so fkin creepy.
    yeah it is, my facebook updates are so flippant and spontaneous i wouldn't like them to be things quoted in a news article about my death.

but on not saying it was a suicide, maybe they don't want to promote the idea? i know in australia that suicides are hardly ever reported on. generally they are downplayed for the general public.