Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Dick Cheney 1994 - Don't Take Iraq!

Wow, what a hypocrite!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
-primetime-

Default Re: Dick Cheney 1994 - Don't Take Iraq!

this video leads me to believe that maybe they really did think there were WMDs...

nothing else makes any since....if this video really did take place in 94 then they knew EXACTLY what they were getting into and the mess that this would cause...

also the fact that Sadamm didn't allow us in to inspect is strange...

until now I thought that Bush just went in without any plan on what to do once we got there, but this video proves that he knew exactly what would happen.....going there to steal oil/make money/ect. does not make any sense to me now...the only thing that makes sense is that they really did think sadamm was a threat and had to take him down no matter what the cost.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
this video leads me to believe that maybe they really did think there were WMDs...

nothing else makes any since....if this video really did take place in 94 then they knew EXACTLY what they were getting into and the mess that this would cause...

also the fact that Sadamm didn't allow us in to inspect is strange...

until now I thought that Bush just went in without any plan on what to do once we got there, but this video proves that he knew exactly what would happen.....going there to steal oil/make money/ect. does not make any sense to me now...the only thing that makes sense is that they really did think sadamm was a threat and had to take him down no matter what the cost.

Pick your poison, eh? Bush the evil man or Bush the handicap.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:08 PM   #4
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippos
Pick your poison, eh? Bush the evil man or Bush the handicap.
I no longer no what to believe...

I have to assume that Cheney said these exact words to Bush Jr.

why would Bush ignore those facts unless he really was being told that Sadamm had WMDs?

plus the fact that Sadamm refused to let our inspectors in only contributes to thinking he had them...
Old 08-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

maybe he just wanted to wait til he had a front row seat?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #6
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

INTERESTING AL GORE COMMENTS BACK IN 1992

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h6ge...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JE48...elated&search=

Here is another one you missed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_CepS8u9wQ

What is different between then and now?
9-11.

Sorta changed everything.

Good job. You have just proven that before 9/11, people assessed threats and risks differently.

I'm sure you're very proud of yourself.

In 1994, the global threat assesment was exactly the same as it was on 9/12/2001, right?

This invasion and war with Iraq is a completely different situation. Trying to say that the Dick Cheney's comments in 1994 about ODS is apropos to the situation now is specious at best, and just plain stupid at worst.

Did you listen to what VP Cheney said right in the first couple of sentences? He was speaking about how none of the Arab countries we had with us during GW1 would have gone in with us. We would have been alone.

While the Iraq war is unpopular and polarizing, what was said by VP Cheney in 1994, does not apply to this war. Try as you all might, times and circumstances have changed dramatically since GW1.

Last edited by Heilige : 08-16-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: