Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 11-20-2006, 08:54 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Wizards quotes: Jordan, Butler, Jamison and more

WIZARDS HEAD COACH EDDIE JORDAN
On playing LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki and Yao Ming in consecutive games:
“I thought DeShawn’s defense was a key on LeBron, along with Caron and Jarvis helping on LeBron. If we can do the same thing and kind of keep Nowitzki in check…keep Yao in check…you know the main guys…and if we play offensively the way we did, we’ll have a good shot. You just can’t get caught up in having a phobia about playing on the road.”
On winning on the road:
“Frankly, we’ve got to make a big shot here and there. We’re competitive enough, we carry out the game plan well enough, and we’re in it at the end but we missed a few shots. We’ve just got to make some shots.”
On Jarvis Hayes:
“He’s doing much better. He’s clear-headed a whole lot more than he was yesterday. Today, we just took precautionary measures to give him another day of rest with no physical activity. He’ll travel with us, and we’ll take all the precautions we have to until we know he’s sure that he’s ready to go.”
On the teams’ will to win:
“I saw ‘the will’ in different forms – physicality, extra effort and mental discipline. Will comes in different forms; it’s just not hustling for a loose ball. It’s about mental discipline, it’s about keeping a clear head and helping your teammates and playing the way we’re supposed to play and yet playing hard physically and playing hard emotionally. All of the ingredients have to come into play when you’re talking about winning with will and determination.”

WIZARDS FORWARD ANTAWN JAMISON
On winning road games:
“You have to understand that it’s called “the road” for a reason. You’re playing against a hostile crowd and sometimes you don’t get the calls -- and you have to deal with that. The last couple of losses, we did a little bit more talking to the referees instead of really concentrating on what we need to do down the stretch. The last two minutes of the ball game has really hurt us. If offensively we stay poised and clam and defensively we can get some stops, I think we can stop our road losses and get on the right track.”

WIZARDS FORWARD CARON BUTLER

On the key to winning on the road:
“Just keeping our energy up. Dallas is a real good home team, so we want to come out and match their energy, play consistent, and everybody on the trip has got to be ready. Your number may be called and you’ve got to come in and contribute.”

WIZARDS GUARD/FORWARD JARVIS HAYES

On his injury in Saturday’s game:
“What was going through my mind was the last couple of years…being hurt and everything. It was very painful and scary. I thought it might have been worse, but we took some x-rays and everything came back fine. I feel very lucky, because looking at it on the tape, it looked a lot worse than it did actually going through it. I’m lucky that I escaped one.”
On what it takes to win on the road:
“Just chemistry, and getting everybody acclimated with playing with each other. I’ve been on this team for four years, but it’s just like I’m a new player. I missed 61 games last year and thirty-something the year before, so it takes getting everybody on the same page chemistry-wise.”
On his availability for tomorrow:
“We’re going to wait until tomorrow and see how it feels. When I get up tomorrow, if it feels good enough to get out there and play, then I’m going to play.”
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Top Wizards quote at the moment:

"Hibachi"
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: