Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
Burgz
Banned
 
Burgz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TDOT
Posts: 1,813
Default NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

http://www.gametap.com/home/read/art...14b3825aa0013a

raptors rated only better than the pacers, whereas teams such as memphis sixers and even the bucks are ranked ahead of us, even though we were 3rd in the east last year. It seems EA is showing no love, especially since the game is made in canada
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
Tool
Ball til I fall
 
Tool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rep Tdot til they bury me
Posts: 1,582
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

2k > ea

Hands down

The 2k basketball games have been always better than live.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
berraco
Darko The Ripper
 
berraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Where flying is risky
Posts: 1,296
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
It seems EA is showing no love, especially since the game is made in canada

I think they are showing no brain, as usual.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
Student
Serious playground baller
 
Student's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 368
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
http://www.gametap.com/home/read/art...14b3825aa0013a

raptors rated only better than the pacers, whereas teams such as memphis sixers and even the bucks are ranked ahead of us, even though we were 3rd in the east last year. It seems EA is showing no love, especially since the game is made in canada

there is always the edit option..you can pump them up as much as you want.
it doesn't surprise me anymore that they would be that stupid, but I only care at what happens on the floor.
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:45 PM   #5
bballnoob
Local High School Star
 
bballnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,712
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

This is why NBA teams can't be made video game style (Knicks). Gotta have the intangibles.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
Burgz
Banned
 
Burgz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TDOT
Posts: 1,813
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

yea theres a general agreement in the NBA forums as well that the raps are disgracefully low
i mean the rating is a direct correlation to the player rankings on the team
i guess EA thinks our Atlantic winning raps have less skill than 27 other teams
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey
 
GoRapz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,876
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

i'm getting 2K just for this. Disrespect.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
Good Old Willy
DBDs
 
Good Old Willy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: On
Posts: 2,172
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

Rather strange.

These games normally pride themselves on accuracy, but obviously this is not. No serious NBA follower has the Raptors at 28 in a general ranking. However it seems they just added up/averaged out the roster, and all those Yer-pean players the Raps have (that the yankee college kid scouts havnt seen on TV yet) are not pointed well.

If I was doing marketng for that game, I would rank the teams by sales in each market. Bump up LA, NY and drop the backwoods places to make the most people happy.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:29 PM   #9
bballnoob
Local High School Star
 
bballnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,712
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
Rather strange.

These games normally pride themselves on accuracy, but obviously this is not. No serious NBA follower has the Raptors at 28 in a general ranking. However it seems they just added up/averaged out the roster, and all those Yer-pean players the Raps have (that the yankee college kid scouts havnt seen on TV yet) are not pointed well.

If I was doing marketng for that game, I would rank the teams by sales in each market. Bump up LA, NY and drop the backwoods places to make the most people happy.

Meh Live's been complete trash since 05 anyway. Hard to be accurate when they release a lame new superstar gimmick each year.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #10
thug
Banned
 
thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 92
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

How The **** Are We 69 Overall? I Really Want To Know. Thats ****ed Up. Im a LIVE Boy Through and Through, but if this **** is true..Im Switchin To 2k.
thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:23 AM   #11
mjohn90
Learning to shoot layups
 
mjohn90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 69
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

LOL!!!

I'm a huge gamer and for the first time in a long while, I've actually considered getting NBA Live over NBA 2K. But after seeing their ratings, what's the point. I was looking forward to actually going online with the Raptors and not get completely smoked for once. Oh well, 2K ftw.
mjohn90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:39 AM   #12
RapsFan
Good college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,979
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

I was always Live, until '07 which was the most pathetic video game ever put to market. I knew 2K was better, everyone said that, but I was stubborn. I think the only people who play Live are those who just are stubborn and hadn't tried 2K, like I was.

The team ratings are a factor of all the individual players on the team and unfortunately, the Raps don't translate very well into a video game. They played well last year, better then the sum of their parts.

Have you seen the screen shots of Live '08 with those crazy shots zones? I am sure you can turn them off but it looks really annoying to have the entire court colour coded. Another stupid feature.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
Too_Cool
I rule the local playground
 
Too_Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 483
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

Hey, before we all jump the gun and go out an buy our 2K8's. Does anyone know IT's ratings?
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:08 AM   #14
RapsFan
Good college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,979
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Cool
Hey, before we all jump the gun and go out an buy our 2K8's. Does anyone know IT's ratings?

It doesn't matter, the game is and will be better in every way. It's not even close. Again because I have been there, I can confidently say, the ONLY people who still play Live are those who haven't played 2k or are stubborn and don't want to learn new controls. I was them, I converted and it was so awesome. Everyone do themselves a favour, rent each of them for a weekend (if hearing everyone say 2K is better isn't enough) before you decide to buy....2K is always cheaper too which doesn't hurt.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #15
mjohn90
Learning to shoot layups
 
mjohn90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 69
Default Re: NBA LIVE 08: Raptors #28 in the league

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
It doesn't matter, the game is and will be better in every way. It's not even close. Again because I have been there, I can confidently say, the ONLY people who still play Live are those who haven't played 2k or are stubborn and don't want to learn new controls. I was them, I converted and it was so awesome. Everyone do themselves a favour, rent each of them for a weekend (if hearing everyone say 2K is better isn't enough) before you decide to buy....2K is always cheaper too which doesn't hurt.

Exactly. Ever since NBA Live 2004 to 2006, me and my friends were too stubborn to get the 2K game. Then we tried NBA 2K6 and we don't plan on turning back.
mjohn90 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy