Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default LeBron doesn't like salary caps

Here's what LeBron* has to say about salary caps:

Miami Heat star LeBron James might have been talented enough to make a living in football. It sounds as if he wishes he could hit the long ball.
    James said he was wowed by the $292 million, 10-year deal the Detroit Tigers gave slugger Miguel Cabrera.
    "I wish we didn't have a salary cap," James said Friday night before facing the Detroit Pistons.
    James said he would opt out of his contract this summer with the Heat if he could get the same deal.
    "The best players in each sport should be rewarded," he said. "It would be nice to sign a 10-year contract for $300 million. I would do it. I would do it for sure."
    The NBA salary cap, though, would prevent any team from giving James a similar contract. He is one of the league's highest-paid players with a six-year deal worth roughly $110 million.
    Source:
    http://www.nba.com/2014/news/03/28/lebron-salary-cap.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt
    Last edited by insidehoops; 03-29-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Local High School Star Basketbolero's Avatar

Default Re: Shocking: LeCollusion doesn't like salary caps!

The way he says it he sounds whiny and jealous but I agree 100% with what he means.

To be honest, he's worth that much.

But James states the obvious. Like come on man, who isn't signing a 10 year/ 300 million dollar contract. Off course it's "nice".

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

niiiia's not happy unless he's got the all star roster in the miami heat uniform

no competitive spirit whatsoever

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Here's what LeBron* has to say about salary caps:

Source:
    http://www.nba.com/2014/news/03/28/l...s=iref:nbahpts

My thoughts? This guy isn't capable of trumping MJ legitimately so he's content with cheating his way into the all time list. Having said that, if he's so salty about salary caps, why then did he take a paycut to be given a championship? Is it because this colluding sh!thead wants his cake and eat it too?
    Are you ****ing retarded?

Also, every player in the league hates caps. They serve only the interest of the owners. You're obsession with one player is Paukian levels, just the other side of the coin.

MLB teams also play twice as many games per season and have double the attendance per game. Basically you have 4 times as many people paying to go watch the games, and much more TV time

He could get more money without collusion. You can't have 2 AS with you and still make that much money.
    And I love that NBA has cap space because I like competition not 3 or 4 stacked teams due to have more money.

hes mad kobe gets his money. thats what happens when you want a stacked team bran

Cali Love

300 mill is way too much this guy plays a sport...dude didn't heal aids or some shit you know

like 20 mill/year ain't enough

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    300 mill is way too much this guy plays a sport...dude didn't heal aids or some shit you know

That's not how it works.

I usually hit open layups

Real talk though, if there was no max player salary LeBron would be making at least 60 million a year...and there would be no Big Three in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00

Truthfully, I think all these guys are overpaid. Putting a ball through a basket isn't worthy of millions of dollars a year. Find a cure for cancer or contribute to society improving the quality of life or something along the lines then yeah, it's deserving of that insane amount of cash.

These guys are living a life of privilege while the majority of us will make anywhere from 40-80k/year, much of which will fade with taxes, bills, food, car and home payments, etc and when all is spent you're basically left with peanuts.

They're living a life of EXTREME privilege... wanting more is pretty sickening. And NO, I don't have sympathy for the corporate d-bag owners either.

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor99
    Real talk though, if there was no max player salary LeBron would be making at least 60 million a year...and there would be no Big Three in Miami.
    If that were true, DUrant would be making 100 mil

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Truthfully, I think all these guys are overpaid. Putting a ball through a basket isn't worthy of millions of dollars a year. Find a cure for cancer or contribute to society improving the quality of life or something along the lines then yeah, it's deserving of that insane amount of cash.

These guys are living a life of privilege while the majority of us will make anywhere from 40-80k/year, much of which will fade with taxes, bills, food, car and home payments, etc and when all is spent you're basically left with peanuts.

They're living a life of EXTREME privilege... wanting more is pretty sickening. And NO, I don't have sympathy for the corporate d-bag owners either.
    Put it this way, if there are millions of people willing to pay money to watch you do your work, then maybe you can get paid that much money as well.

Cure for cancer and AIDS? Hell are you people on?

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    hes mad kobe gets his money. thats what happens when you want a stacked team bran
    LeBron won two rings and 2 FMVPs w/ his stacked team.

What did Kobe do w/ his 4 HOF team last year?