Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-18-2009, 06:32 AM   #1
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

Default Dragic comes up big, late in Suns victory

Quote:
Suns guard Goran Dragic had his best NBA Summer League showing Friday night, closing out a 95-89 win against D-League Select with a series of drives for scores or assists.

Dragic tallied 17 points and eight assists, but the Suns' scoring was led by free agents Micah Downs (18 points) and Jiri Hubalek (20 points).

Suns center Robin Lopez fouled out in 21 minutes despite a league allowance for 10 fouls. Lopez had 10 points and six rebounds.

knock that sh!t off Robin!

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...sgamer-CR.html
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
Auka
Great young streetballer

Default Re: Dragic comes up big, late in Suns victory

Hahaha, great double double there for Robin 10 points 10 fouls!
Auka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auka
Hahaha, great double double there for Robin 10 points 10 fouls!

They need to work on him more, though. He's very inconsistent, but I feel that with more work, he could be a solid starting C. Not a star, but not one of these mediocre ones either.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
bassy500
Can barely lace up my sneakers

after his first summer league game i thought robin myt of actually been showing some real development in this new season but since that first game hes been so damn avg and to be honest so has basically everyone on the suns summer league roster.
No one has stood out to me as showing signs of massive improvement for this series. and dnt say dragic, hes played one good game in the summer league so far and went 1 from bout 11 in first 2 games and had the **** swatted out of him in game 2 to lose it for the suns.

Earl clark has been abit disapointing aswell, his double double was good but hes not dominating like id hope he would be. If he cant dominate at this level of competition, hes gonna struggle in the proper season.
have alook at alot of the other first round picks for other teams thru this summer league and they are dominating like earl should be doing
bassy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
Maniak
TJ Warren

Lopez has a main hole which is wanting to be able to block everything.

He needs to learn he cant do that, summer league, regular season, playoffs, its the NBA, not college.

He needs to tone it down and work on more fundamentally sound defense rather than BLAHHHH ITS A BLOOOCKKKKK defense.

As far as offense, he has a long way to go.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

I think Frye will be the starter at the beginning of the season, he has a good offensive game and working next to Amar'e will allow him to be one-on-one most of the time. The Suns starting 5 has a good chance of putting up a lot of points, defensively we are still in trouble.
DouXer4ouR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
Maniak
TJ Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouXer4ouR
I think Frye will be the starter at the beginning of the season, he has a good offensive game and working next to Amar'e will allow him to be one-on-one most of the time. The Suns starting 5 has a good chance of putting up a lot of points, defensively we are still in trouble.
Thats always the case.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #8
bassy500
Can barely lace up my sneakers

has the coaching staff and front office not worked out that trying to just out score the other team you play against does not work?
Its so annoying that because they gave playing a defensive style game a chance and it didnt get instant results for them theyve ditched it and gone back to lets try out score the other team game. we now are in a worse spot than we were in before.
Just because the suns built a reputation on run and gun and scoring lots of points it doesnt mean thats all the suns ever have to be.
We still can some day be a good defensive team aswell, but with the moves theyve made this off season and continue to make that is not happening ne time soon.
Sadly change to the right direction will not come untill saver either gets to low on money to afford to own the team ne more or untill he gets bored off this investment and sells it to someone who will then hire a real GM not some idiot columnist and will then allow his GM to make moves to build a good team with a balance of defence and offence.

That myt not be for 10 years tho, untill then prepare urself for mediocrety.
Suns will not be up there competing with the top 8 with starting 5 being:
decling nash, with back problems
a defenceless sg in richardson
the fossil grant hill who would be a great bench player but not a starter
amare, still no defence unless alots changed in off season
and either frye the twig or lopez the lumbering spastic

Unless the suns absolute shock the league and me, which id gladly eat my words for this season is still grim for me.
I only really saw the light when steven currys name was being floated with few other GS players
bassy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #9
Maniak
TJ Warren

Wow Bassy, way to look at the negatives. Good job being a fan.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: