Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2012, 04:40 AM   #31
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Default Re: US marines to set up in Darwin, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
are they in Canada for?
This and where are they? I don't see them anywhere.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:53 AM   #32
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

I'd rather the US not expand. Our allies already have sufficient military strength to defend themselves. And the US is more than capable of deploying anywhere if needed. So, it's unnecessary for the US to expand.

But I don't know. I figure this might be equivalent to a mall cop job that the US takes in order to pay the bills, especially since our recent work experience includes Afghanistan/Iraq rather than computers, engineering, and/or health.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:45 AM   #33
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I would say this is as much about Indonesia as it is China.

The US already has troops in Korea, Japan and Guam (along with other bases in the Northern Mariana Islands). Korea, Japan and Taiwan are allies and their armies rank 7th, 9th and 14th in the world respectively, so it would be safe to assume that the US has China under wraps for the time being. Also, Thailand (19th in the world) and The Philippines (23rd) are capable allies, though much of their firepower is to settle internal or border disputes.

Australia offers direct access to the Indian Ocean (important for the new threat to the US) and another friendly port for American ships.

This is a logical move IMO and not worthy of eyebrow raises.

I posted the above in November and generally feel that it is a case of Indonesia and its instability rather than China...

...but (and let me preface this by saying I am usually accused of being Liberal on here, and I have traveled more than 95% of the posters on here) the Western Anglo countries (mainly US, UK, Can, Aus, but could be expanded to include: Ireland, South Africa, German, Italy, Spain etc...) need to stick together and operate more as a block of nations. The future threats in the world (China, India, Muslims) have huge numbers and can become a threat if we remain divided. This is not a petition for war, more like a logical re-fortification to ensure peace and stability the world over. Many of these foes practices are social backwards and detrimental to the well-being of many on the planet. The US Army's ways aren't always just, but I believe better them than anyone else.

Peace and Love!
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #34
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I posted the above in November and generally feel that it is a case of Indonesia and its instability rather than China...

...but (and let me preface this by saying I am usually accused of being Liberal on here, and I have traveled more than 95% of the posters on here) the Western Anglo countries (mainly US, UK, Can, Aus, but could be expanded to include: Ireland, South Africa, German, Italy, Spain etc...) need to stick together and operate more as a block of nations. The future threats in the world (China, India, Muslims) have huge numbers and can become a threat if we remain divided. This is not a petition for war, more like a logical re-fortification to ensure peace and stability the world over. Many of these foes practices are social backwards and detrimental to the well-being of many on the planet. The US Army's ways aren't always just, but I believe better them than anyone else.

Peace and Love!

Winter is coming.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #35
kNIOKAS
There will be plaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
What the hell are we in Madagascar for? Are the Lemurs terrorists too?
kNIOKAS is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: