Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Bo McCalebb (Euroleague's BEST PG) vs. Celtics Highlights 10-5-12

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    You're talking about a different award. Best European player is not an official Euroleague award and is more arbitrary. All Euroleague team is an official Euroleague award. It's like claiming a player who was on the all-NBA second team was not a star in the NBA.
    If I m not wrong award for best European player is an official award so using you logic I wouldn't be wrong if I said Teodosic was best European player but he isn't no matter the award he got and the same goes for Pargo , he was in all Euroleague second team but he wasn't a star or a top 5 pg in Europe .

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Different players, different needs.
    This . Thats why I think you can argue between Teodosic , Bo and DD for best pg in Europe .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    If I m not wrong award for best European player is an official award so using you logic I wouldn't be wrong if I said Teodosic was best European player but he isn't no matter the award he got and the same goes for Pargo , he was in all Euroleague second team but he wasn't a star or a top 5 pg in Europe .

So why was he given the award? Was it because of the fans? That means he was popular and a star. Was it the media and/or coaches? That means Euroleague professionals believed he was a top 2 pg in Europe.

And it could be argued that Teodosic was the best European player of the year in 2010 because he was Euroleague MVP was in the Euroleague final and was voted FIBA WC all tournament team while Dirk and Pau skipped that competition. So it could be argued that in 2010 Teodosic was the best European player and he was definitely one of the best. Just as in 2011 it could be argued that Pargo was the 2nd best pg in Europe and he was definitely one of the best and therefore a star. So whatever reason he was voted as the 2nd best pg in Euroleague, be it the fans, coaches, or media, it carries some weight.

Barca 99 - Dallas Mavericks 85

Should have been 101 - 85, but the refs wrongly took away a basket from Barca.

Box Score:

http://www.nba.com/games/20121009/DA...t2hp0011200018

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ritethru.0451/

Rick Carlisle:

"Barca is a great team. I admire the way they pass, move the ball, cut and make screens. They had the advantage the whole game. Barca is an NBA team.''