Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default *OFFICIAL SINGLE* Jay-A ft ace: The Wave (mixed by ace) [This is legit, people]

http://www.hulkshare.com/wlykaw47bg8w

I think its a legit, solid track but ace wanted me to add this:

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    My verse ****ing sucked. Not to shit on your song, Jay-A, but goddamn, my verse was horrible. Had to put it on since PB mentioned me in the hook. Enjoy, and check out more of better material here: https://soundcloud.com/slihmm

Default Re: *OFFICIAL SINGLE* Jay-A ft ace: The Wave (mixed by ace) [This is legit, people]

Default Re: *OFFICIAL SINGLE* Jay-A ft ace: The Wave (mixed by ace) [This is legit, people]

I think I made your verse a little too trebly, but it was fun. What kind of room do you record in?

My verse

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    I think I made your verse a little too trebly, but it was fun. What kind of room do you record in?

My verse
    I liked your verse

Did you guys EQ/master the track?

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    Ask ace

What you think of the song itself

Yeah, you got any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    What you think of the song itself
    personally i dont listen to rap that much anymore so i cant comment on the verses and lyrics however with the track its pretty solid. From a production view point the track needs to be mastered especially with the lower frequencies, the kick could be stronger and the melody thats running the background should be brought out more to fill out the track and bring the vocals down a bit and it will sound like a commercial release.

personally i dont listen to rap that much anymore so i cant comment on the verses and lyrics however with the track its pretty solid. From a production view point the track needs to be mastered especially with the lower frequencies, the kick could be stronger and the melody thats running the background should be brought out more to fill out the track and bring the vocals down a bit and it will sound like a commercial release.
    Yeah, I thought vocals were a little loud, but I have a shitty mic so you have to be able to hear me lol.

And I didn't make the beat so I couldn't EQ that.

props

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Ace what happened to your voice man?

anyways as mentioned previously if it could be mastered then it would be decent already

loved the beat

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    Ace what happened to your voice man?

anyways as mentioned previously if it could be mastered then it would be decent already

loved the beat
    I ****ed with the pitch. I didn't like the way I sounded rapping that verse; it was originally written for a much faster beat.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Also, best I've hear from Ace.

More feedback!