Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-31-2007, 04:15 PM   #31
sirfreshness
I usually hit open layups

Default Re: what's next ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
18 feet is a far ways away for a guy we'd want to play PF. We'd be leaving 'Meka all by himself under the basket tryin' gobble up rebounds.

And I really hate the KG-Yi comparison. In my mind, the only similarities are height and the fact that their "names" are both only 2 letters. But KG is a fierce player who should be a shoo-in for the HOF (averaged a double-double for the last 9 years, avg 17+ ppg every season except his rookie year). Yi doesn't seem to be nearly strong enough to give a team the rebounding ability KG has. And apparently Yi isn't much of a shot blocker, which is something KG does decently well.

He doesnt sit at 18 feet, he just can shoot from there, he still plays from 15 in. He is not like a one dimensional 3 point shooter who just floats at the 3 pt line, he just has the ability to strech his shot out to 18 feet which is not what has been expressed by the main stream media who believe he only shots 3 and wants to be a SF, its not true at all. I didnt mean to throw out the KG-Yi comparison at least on their all around game, but Yi's offensive game is very similar to the offensive game KG had coming into the league out of high school, both were/are very skinny and scouts were concerned if KG could guard NBA post guys. Yi more than likely will never touch the level of ball KG is at but he does have the potential. Yi is actually a good weak side defender, his trouble on defense is man-to-man in the post against stronger competition. Also rebounding will not be a problem as Crash and Richardson are great rebounder's for their position and Meka is a great rebounder as well.

*of course we are not going to get him but at least we having something to talk about*

Last edited by sirfreshness : 07-31-2007 at 04:17 PM.
sirfreshness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #32
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfreshness
*of course we are not going to get him but at least we having something to talk about*
Seriously!
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #33
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

New PG news:

Troy Hudson's contract was bought out making him a UFA. Should we go for it?

The Jazz are probably going to release Dee Brown. Should we go for it?

The Hawks have four PG's on their roster and they need to move one. Either Speedy Claxton (6 mil+), Tyronne Lue (3.5 mil), or Anthony Johnson (2 mil). What could we package in a trade?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:08 PM   #34
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Brezec, Harrington and Hollins for Tyronne Lue or Dee Brown.
(Okay so react to my off-the-cuff thought!)
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #35
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

three players for a backup? No no no no. Plus, Dee is a FA, no need to trade for him.

If we trade more than one player for a Hawk PG it would be Claxton because A) He's the best of the three and B) his salary is quite large.

May + Harrington for Claxton?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #36
sirfreshness
I usually hit open layups

Or we could just try to sign Charlie Bell, he is a restricted FA but it would be worth the chance, he would be a nice PG off the bench.
sirfreshness is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: