Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat X

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Default Mortal Kombat X

Default Re: Mortal Kombat X

Mortal Kombat has always been my thing. I can't wait for this damn game. Ferra/Torr looks so badass.

Banned

looks nice

I've literally bought every single MK that's come out, and I've never looked forward to a release as little as I do for this one. Cassie Cage? Who the **** are these people?

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    I've literally bought every single MK that's come out, and I've never looked forward to a release as little as I do for this one. Cassie Cage? Who the **** are these people?
    Daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade.

Had to look that shit up though.

So you are totally content to keep playing the same exact characters for every single MK title? I am curious as to how you find this game to be less desirable than the other MK games that have come out in the past 14 years. It isn't something new for MK to have new characters on the roster. The few new characters that have been announced so far are really interesting.

It's going to be an innovative fighting game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    that was epic

So you are totally content to keep playing the same exact characters for every single MK title? I am curious as to how you find this game to be less desirable than the other MK games that have come out in the past 14 years. It isn't something new for MK to have new characters on the roster. The few new characters that have been announced so far are really interesting.

It's going to be an innovative fighting game.

I was hoping for a reboot of MK4 like they alluded to at the end of MK9's story mode with Shinnok getting the dragon amulet. I guess it would be hard to do after killing off so many characters in MK9, but Mortal Kombat is the second biggest offender of bringing back dead characters after Dragon Ball lol. Maybe include some of the fighters that made their debut in MK4 like Tanya, Fujin, etc. Keep in mind that I'm saying this without knowing anything at all about the storyline for MKX.

I was hoping for a reboot of MK4 like they alluded to at the end of MK9's story mode with Shinnok getting the dragon amulet. I guess it would be hard to do after killing off so many characters in MK9, but Mortal Kombat is the second biggest offender of bringing back dead characters after Dragon Ball lol. Maybe include some of the fighters that made their debut in MK4 like Tanya, Fujin, etc. Keep in mind that I'm saying this without knowing anything at all about the storyline for MKX.
    No idea what's going on with the story line, but MK9 pretty much changed a lot of things. I would love to see Reiko and Fujin make an appearance. To be completely honest, I am not concerned at all about the story line, more so the online/competitive side of the game. From the looks of it, it's going to be a ground breaking game. Check out more footage with Ed Boon interviews, the game looks sick, and it's not even close to release day.

...you know, it has always made me sad how there is such a lack of interest in the fighting game genre from ISH gamers.

...you know, it has always made me sad how there is such a lack of interest in the fighting game genre from ISH gamers.
    What's even more sad is that these kids never will experience real gaming.

Back in the day, when MK1-3 was out you went to the arcade, put your qtr up on the game, and when a guy lost, it was your turn. Winner stayed on.

Kids would surround the game talking real shit in real life. When you beat someone's ass you got to see who the hell you beat. You weren't playing some loser sitting in front of an LED with his gunnar gamer glasses, modded controller, talking shit on a $300 Triton headset.

Pathetic

Quan Chi reveal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPrr6uMMj-E

Goro was also announced as playable, but he is a pre-order bonus. No gameplay for Goro yet, but that Quan Chi gameplay...so sick.

Quan Chi reveal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPrr6uMMj-E

Goro was also announced as playable, but he is a pre-order bonus. No gameplay for Goro yet, but that Quan Chi gameplay...so sick.

I'm getting slightly more and more excited as time goes on for this game. Quan Chi's been one of my favorites since MK4, both storywise and playability. I'm curious to see if they continue the story from MK9, where he controls most of the Earthrealm's fighters' souls. Would be nice to have my favorite from MK9 (Kitana) make her return.

Still holding out for a possible Shinnok inclusion too.
    Last edited by code green; 10-20-2014 at 11:18 AM.

I'm getting slightly more and more excited as time goes on for this game. Quan Chi's been one of my favorites since MK4, both storywise and playability. I'm curious to see if they continue the story from MK9, where he controls most of the Earthrealm's fighters' souls. Would be nice to have my favorite from MK9 (Kitana) make her return.

Still holding out for a possible Shinnok inclusion too.
    Shinnok will be in the game, no doubt. Just a matter of time until his announcement.

Quan Chi's look in MKX reminds me so much of MK4. It's a modernized look, but you can see the influence from MK4. I would love to see Quan Chi still having the souls of Earthrealm fighters that died, that opens up the chance of seeing Liu Kang as a villain, maybe even the main villain. Could you imagine that shit? It'd be awesome.