Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-13-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

Default Can Tay Keep This Up?

I think this will be his best season of his career so far. He's not going to be the 4th option anymore and I like the way he is attacking the basket more often than in the past. Maybe the fact that he has to compete with WH, along with the trade threats in the offseason, lit a fire under him.

I've always felt he has been underutilized and now with our faster tempo some of his strengths are going to show more than ever. Hopefully he can keep up his solid work on the boards too, thats really been encouraging. I predict he finishes the season with a 15/7 average.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Can Tay Keep This Up?

He has been the best player since the AI trade...

I hope he keeps it up...
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

A career high 18 boards last night. he's averaging 18/9 through the first 8 games.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

I am worried bout his minutes tho..i hope he doesnt get tired as season progress..

he is playing close to whole game...
Old 11-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

He'll keep it up. The offense is completely different now that AI is here. It seems like Tayshaun and Rip are both second options now. Rips game will be the one that has to change a little bit with the addition of AI. Less half court sets mean different ways of setting those screens for Rip and letting him run around and wear people out. Tayshaun is going to need to keep hitting those open threes when AI penetrates and dishes out. I think Tay will keep it up. What we need to worry about is keeping Sheed motivated.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:25 PM   #6
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Tayshaun is accustomed to playing pretty much 100 games every season since he came into the league. Hopefully the Olymipcs this summer kept him conditioned and he can maintain this high level of play through out another 100 game season

At this rate, Tayshaun may make the All-Star team… I'm being optimistic and anything is possible.

Believe.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

There was a bit of misunderstanding going. Curry came out in the press and said tay didnt play well vs the blazers, tay later said " nobody told me anything about it ". He was surprised curry said it in the press..

You can hear curry commenting on that issue here... and more ofcourse..

http://blog.mlive.com/pistons_impact...hael-curry.mp3
Old 12-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
final.wrath
Banned

tayshaun hasn't been quite as aggressive since i started this thread, but he is doing a good job making plays for others. I was suprised to see he is only averaging 13 pts, but he seems to step up when he is needed. he's had 8 double doubles, averaging 7 boards coming up big on offensive glass. thats a big improvement from his career average of 4.

i'm not worried about our record. we are doing a quick rebuild and by the time the playoffs start this team should be much more consistent, especially with stuckey getting the reigns as PG.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #9
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

Agreed FW, back in '04 our record wasn't all too impressive either. I wanna say something like 16-13? Anyways, everybody has already counted us out, it's alright, we're pretty good at playing underdogs.
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:18 AM   #10
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2whoa
Agreed FW, back in '04 our record wasn't all too impressive either. I wanna say something like 16-13? Anyways, everybody has already counted us out, it's alright, we're pretty good at playing underdogs.

Yeah we were around .500, had a bad couple of months to start the season.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

He's only scored in double figures in 4 of his last 8 games... The only thing that jumps off the stat sheet to me, is his rebounding numbers.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #12
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
He's only scored in double figures in 4 of his last 8 games... The only thing that jumps off the stat sheet to me, is his rebounding numbers.
That's really what we need out of him though. We have huge scorers in AI, Rip, and now Stuck. And when Sheed is on, that's where the ball is going. The problem being that undersized Rip, Stuck, and AI aren't getting crazy blocks or rebounds. And with Sheed being probably the least consistent player in the whole league, Tay has been there for us when we really needed him.

(By the way, I'm not being one of those stupid fans. I actually HATE Tayshaun, but I still gotta admit he's helped us out of a couple losses.)
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: