Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 06-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #16
TH50
Banned

Default Re: Gerald Henderson or Danny Green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
I guess that's why Henderson is a lottery pick and Green is a 2nd-rounder.

who gives a ****?? the better player is green and he prove it on the court.
TH50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #17
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH50
who gives a ****??
You don't think it's the least bit relevant, in discussing who the better player is, that one's a near-guarantee for the lottery and one is almost certainly a 2nd-rounder (and possibly undrafted)? That certainly doesn't mean everything, but it certainly means something.

Quote:
the better player is green and he prove it on the court.
In what way did he prove he was better than Gerald Henderson on the court? Did he badly outplay Henderson head-to-head? Did he have better numbers? Did he display a vastly broader skillset?

Do you know what "prove" means? It means to establish truth by evidence or argument. There isn't much evidence that Green is the better player, but I guess you can sort of make an argument that Danny Green is the better player but it wouldn't be a very good one. I don't know what you'd have other than Green is a better catch-and-shoot long-range shooter. Even that doesn't mean a great deal since Henderson can create his own shot.

You're obviously a UNC fan and that's great and all. Everyone has their team and is at times a bit of a homer, but don't be obnoxious and stupid about it or your posts might mysteriously vanish.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:17 AM   #18
CFunk11
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH50
who gives a ****?? the better player is green and he prove it on the court.

i'm not a duke or unc fan, but there is no way danny green is better. i'll admit he has a nice 3-point shot, but gerald henderson is so athletic and can penetrate well. not to mention he has a good shot himself. danny green didn't prove anything. gerald henderson would do even better if he had lawson, ellington, and hansbrough. henderson led his team (who ended up with 30 wins) and he also broke tyler hansbrough's nose so i like him. he was better in college and he'll be better in the nba.

Last edited by CFunk11 : 07-04-2009 at 10:15 AM.
CFunk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #19
jphipps83
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Henderson is the more talented player, but Green fit the system at Carolina perfectly. Green definitely benefited from having Ellington, Hansbrough, Lawson, etc. But, Green did win a national title, 3 ACC reg. titles in a row, and 2 ACC tourneys. Henderson? 1 ACC tourney title. More talented? Probably Henderson. More successful? Green, no doubt, and wins count.
jphipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: