Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease lakersNUMBA1's Avatar

Default IF Kobe gets Ring #6

and #7 and #8 .. would he be considered "better" than MJ??

We all know he has 3 years left in his contract. After that he would like to play overseas, but I personally see him playing for one more year after his contract ends. He's going to be 34 tomorrow. He's still got skill (obviously) and now that he has the help of a big center and a great PG, that could easily attract him to stay longer and earn more rings.

Thoughts?

Default Re: IF Kobe gets Ring #6

Quote Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
    and #7 and #8 .. would he be considered "better" than MJ??

We all know he has 3 years left in his contract. After that he would like to play overseas, but I personally see him playing for one more year after his contract ends. He's going to be 34 tomorrow. He's still got skill (obviously) and now that he has the help of a big center and a great PG, that could easily attract him to stay longer and earn more rings.

Thoughts?
    If he gets #7......yeah GOAT (please no Horry comments )

I think Kobe will play beyond his contract.....he can always play overseas at 40.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

I got him top five if he gets six.
    He might get seven.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker

I think Kobe will play beyond his contract.....he can always play overseas at 40.
    He could probably be a solid NBA starter at 40. Just a really crappy defender by then.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease lakersNUMBA1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    He might get seven.
    I'll agree on that, but I guess it all depends on who he still has on his team.
    The Lakers only have Kobe, MWP, and Gasol still left from the 2010 championship team.

No. MJ 6x champ 6mvp
    Kobe(if situation) 8x champ 5x mvp unless he has some 27+ 5 5 45% seasons

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    He might get seven.
    same here, he gets 7 he's 2nd on my list. It would be ok cause it won't be crazy it would be a legit case over everyone except Jordan

No MJ would still be better.

6 Rings, 6 F-FMV, 5 MVP's > 7 Rings, 4 F-MVP, 1 MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    No MJ would still be better.

6 Rings, 6 F-FMV, 5 MVP's > 7 Rings, 4 F-MVP, 1 MVP.
    I'm not one to overstock MJ's accomplishments because he INHERITED the NBA after all the great teams retired or got old. He was getting his @ss kicked yearly by Boston and Detroit and beat a Lakers team after Kareem retired.
    He was a truly great & special player but I am old enough to have a balanced perspective on things.

I rule the local playground Devientz's Avatar

Not 1.... Not 2..... Not 3....

Honestly, I think it's going to take 7 before he can legitimately even be compared to Jordan in the eyes of most people. Tying Jordan's ring total just isn't going to do it, especially when our roster is going to be this stacked. His performance in the upcoming years will also matter
    Last edited by Devientz; 08-24-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

If he gets 6... He probably passes my man Magic as the greatest Laker of all time...

Quote Originally Posted by LA Lakers
    If he gets 6... He probably passes my man Magic as the greatest Laker of all time...
    He's already the greatest laker of all time. He's set most of these team records, along with bringing 2 additional championships, proving everyone that he can win without shaq, on multiple occasions.

Magic's career was way too short. His retiring screwed up his legacy. Kobe's been a laker his whole career and he isn't done yet.

This is why he's already the greatest laker of all time. Just ask Shaq. He said it.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    He's already the greatest laker of all time. He's set most of these team records, along with bringing 2 additional championships, proving everyone that he can win without shaq, on multiple occasions.

Magic's career was way too short. His retiring screwed up his legacy. Kobe's been a laker his whole career and he isn't done yet.

This is why he's already the greatest laker of all time. Just ask Shaq. He said it.
    I agree that Kobe is the #1 Laker........but come on bro, let's not go and criticize the length of Magic's career and talk about his legacy being screwed up.....Magic did win 5 championships, he did help save the NBA, he is still by far the most amazing point guard in the history of the NBA.....his assists were REAL assists. You will NEVER get me to say 1 negative word about Magic, he's a class act x100000000.

I agree that Kobe is the #1 Laker........but come on bro, let's not go and criticize the length of Magic's career and talk about his legacy being screwed up.....Magic did win 5 championships, he did help save the NBA, he is still by far the most amazing point guard in the history of the NBA.....his assists were REAL assists. You will NEVER get me to say 1 negative word about Magic, he's a class act x100000000.
    I guess thats the problem with online communication. You cant read emotions lol.

I didn't mean my comment to be negative. I just think though his years in the NBA weren't enough.

Like Bill Walton. Like, its a shame you know?

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I guess thats the problem with online communication. You cant read emotions lol.

I didn't mean my comment to be negative. I just think though his years in the NBA weren't enough.

Like Bill Walton. Like, its a shame you know?
    Lol.....I'm really overly defensive over Magic....lol.
    I disagree that his NBA years weren't enough......when are 5 championships not enough? Then there are the All-Star games, the Olympics, the unforgettable Mid Summer Nights Magic games.......he had a full amazingly accomplished career that I am extremely happy I was there for.....not to mention conversations with him. Sure it would've been great if he hadn't contracted the virus and had won more titles.....but that's just greed.

Walton on the other hand never really had that continued run and fell way short of his potential. I also lost a ton of respect for him when he completely dogged it with the Clippers, his whole routine there was embarrassing......still a phenomenal player.