Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

Bought the game last week, never played a GTA game before, any tips for a beginner on how to approach everything in terms of making money and stuff? I feel lost roaming the city lol

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    Bought the game last week, never played a GTA game before, any tips for a beginner on how to approach everything in terms of making money and stuff? I feel lost roaming the city lol
    I've been playing GTA for over a decade and even I felt lost roaming the city when I first got rolling on GTA V.

I think once you do a couple of missions, a sense of direction begins to develop a little bit. GTA usually has a way of unraveling itself as the story progresses. They'll teach you new things and introduce new features and money-making ventures as you advance in the storyline a little bit.

If you're hard up for a buck really early on and you're looking to make some cash outside of missions, you can try robbing gas stations (by pointing your gun at the clerk). You can also keep an eye out for armored trucks, as those can be robbed (though you'll meet more resistance than in a typical gas station robbery).

Otherwise, don't fret, the game opens up a little bit and you can slowly begin to familiarize yourself with regions and areas. Things to do will begin popping up left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    I waited 2 days and haven't had any problems either. Level 48 and climbing. Trying to save up for a nice supercar.
    You two are lucky then. Most had problems.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You two are lucky then. Most had problems.
    I know. I've been amazed that I haven't ran into any problems other than the servers going down here and there and the lag making it near impossible to drive correctly online at times. I may have lost a couple grand, maybe 5-10 at a time but not enough to really notice.

I keep getting messages that the cloud servers are down and that my progress will not be saved. This shit is starting to be too much. I enjoyed the game, but now it's frustrating beyond belief.
    Some people are reporting that their characters have been reset to lvl 0 with $0. Some speculate that it's R* punishing the exploiters/glitchers, but whatever the case may be, I find this to be irritating.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i feel for all you people having problems, i only had them the first day online play was available.

Love Live Life

I kinda feel like I wasted money on this.

I haven't had any problems with online but I rarely play the online or the story mode.

Really haven't had a desire to play it.

Are the people having problems on PS3 or Xbox? I have been playing on xbox and aside from the first few days I have not had any problems at all.

Banned

I loved the story and it was a great game, but I've been finished for a few weeks now and have only played a couple hours since then. I know I still have a lot to do but dunno doesn't seem to have the fun little diversions I used to be able to go back and do with GTA

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I loved the story and it was a great game, but I've been finished for a few weeks now and have only played a couple hours since then. I know I still have a lot to do but dunno doesn't seem to have the fun little diversions I used to be able to go back and do with GTA
    I've actually enjoyed discovering the letter scraps and space ships parts this time around. Your Social Club website helps out a ton in terms of hinting toward the location of each piece and showing you which ones you've already discovered and which must still be pursued.

I've found the primary storyline had no chance of exposing gamers to the entire map so these support goals are pretty cool because they take you to a lot of locations that could have been easily overlooked upon the storyline playthrough.

Banned

Finished the game today Time to dive into online!!! Called my character Ben Dover.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Finished the game today Time to dive into online!!! Called my character Ben Dover.
    why not just call it "I'm a twelve year old"

Love Live Life

What happen to the 500k they was giving us?

Just had an hour long sniping session in free mode. So much fun.

Out of auto-aim range the entire time, so getting kill shots feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    What happen to the 500k they was giving us?
    They're not doing it until they have all the bug issues with cars disappearing from garages and the like sorted.