Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-19-2006, 04:43 AM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Kmart???

can we get him...do we want him. imo, he would be a really nice fit. provide toughness, defense, and can put up some points as well. him and kwame down on the block would be nice combo. now I know that hes been having problems and his contract is too big but this is a guy thats capable of puttin up 20/10, we'd only need him for about 14/9 along with the toughness/defense he brings to our frontcourt. and we all know if PJax can tame rodman, kmart wouldnt be a problem...but all in all, hes a cool cat. george karl can be an ass in a bad way and everyone knew that that relationship wouldnt work out. but all in all if you hear kmart, the guy wants to win and wants to play and Pjax can get the best outta of him I think. another thing, kmart had microfracture surgery, the same surgery thats been takin amare a yr to return from...kmart was put on the court 3 or 4 months after...moreover, nuggz are willing to pay part of his salary which would be 3mil i think since thats the max they can pay due to the cba. so what do you guys think? is it worth it? maybe a three team deal or somethin...
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default KMart

As you mention, KMart's contract is huge. I don't think we can
get him without giving up something we don't want to...... I think
Kwame, Lamar, and Kenyon would be a wicked starting front
court!!! Kenyon at SF would be awesome!!!

Can you suggest a trade and try it on ESPN's Trade Machine?
Here's the link:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #3
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

He's overpaid, always injured, and a locker room cancer. And since when does he play defense? His whole game is based on someone throwing him lob passes near the rim, if he doesn't get those touches he starts whining.

I wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft. pole
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
As you mention, KMart's contract is huge. I don't think we can
get him without giving up something we don't want to...... I think
Kwame, Lamar, and Kenyon would be a wicked starting front
court!!! Kenyon at SF would be awesome!!!

Can you suggest a trade and try it on ESPN's Trade Machine?
Here's the link:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

I tried sending Over Kwame Brown (8 mill) and Aaron Mckie (2.5 mill)

And i got back Kenyon Martin (12 mill)

The trade succeeded. Lets have Mitch try that now I think that was perfect.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:10 PM   #5
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Why would the Lakers want to pay 70 million over 5 years to a guy that hasn't even proved he can play after MICROFRACTURE knee surgery.

If you add Kmart, you can kiss away any chance for the Lakers to contend anytime in the next 5 years.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #6
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

I tried this trade...

Lakers get Kmart
nuggz get steve francis,sasha
knicks get mihm,cook,kleiza

only problem was that lakers would be 3 mil over...which can work if they use their trade exception and also denver is willing to pay for part of kmarts salary.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:06 PM   #7
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

maybe if we still had grant's contract, we could send it as well as farmar or another young talent for Kmart n another contract.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:15 PM   #8
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
can we get him...do we want him. imo, he would be a really nice fit. provide toughness, defense, and can put up some points as well. him and kwame down on the block would be nice combo. now I know that hes been having problems and his contract is too big but this is a guy thats capable of puttin up 20/10, we'd only need him for about 14/9 along with the toughness/defense he brings to our frontcourt. and we all know if PJax can tame rodman, kmart wouldnt be a problem...but all in all, hes a cool cat. george karl can be an ass in a bad way and everyone knew that that relationship wouldnt work out. but all in all if you hear kmart, the guy wants to win and wants to play and Pjax can get the best outta of him I think. another thing, kmart had microfracture surgery, the same surgery thats been takin amare a yr to return from...kmart was put on the court 3 or 4 months after...moreover, nuggz are willing to pay part of his salary which would be 3mil i think since thats the max they can pay due to the cba. so what do you guys think? is it worth it? maybe a three team deal or somethin...

People, people, people, haven't we learned anything from the trade that brought over Brian Grant??? Many people were saying the same thing about him. People were saying that he was awesome with the Portland Trailblazers and all, but now the Los Angeles Lakers are paying for it with his salary still on contract even though Los Angeles Lakers waved him.

Kenyon Martin's contract should be a concern. I'm sure he can still produce and I'm sure he's a good player, but he's very injury-prone.

The reason why Kenyon Martin did well with the New Jersey Nets was probably because he wasn't the number one or number two option, because Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson served as the number one and number two option respectively. He wasn't injured that often either, but the Denver Nuggets were dealing with so many injuries last season that Kenyon Martin didn't have time to rest, expectations were placed on him from the jump right after his recovery from the injury.

Kenyon Martin would be good for a team like the Miami Heat or the Sacramento Kings, but not the Los Angeles Lakers.

Last edited by LakerRaider : 08-20-2006 at 04:43 PM.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #9
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default tough trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I tried sending Over Kwame Brown (8 mill) and Aaron Mckie (2.5 mill)

And i got back Kenyon Martin (12 mill)

The trade succeeded. Lets have Mitch try that now I think that was perfect.

I don't like the idea of giving up our starting center for an
injury prone player like KMart. I know his salary is huge ....
I don't think we could trade for him using bench players, draft
picks, cash, etc. They should be able to get a better offer
elsewhere.....
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:47 AM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
People, people, people, haven't we leanrned anything from the trade that brought over Brian Grant??? Many people were saying the same thing about him. People were saying that he was awesome with the Portland Trailblazers and all, but now the Los Angeles Lakers are paying for it with his salary still on contract even though Los Angeles Lakers waved him.

I agree with this... the size of that contract and the stage in his career make him wayyyy too risky for the Lakers to even consider seriously.... no way in heck!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: