Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #76
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2011 Golden Globes Thread

Here's the intro monologue for anybody who missed it. Brilliant stuff. Btw is it me or people were laughing their asses off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHXzP2SpLA

Last edited by Lebowsky : 01-17-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #77
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Here's the intro monologue for anybody who missed it. Brilliant stuff. Btw is it me or people were laughing their asses off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHXzP2SpLA

Yeah, it seemed like everyone was laughing. Alec Baldwin was crying.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #78
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers_forever
Why would atheists get offended by an actor thanking an entity they believe does not exist? It's weird. There actually atheists who talk more about religion that theists themselves.

While thanking God, they are not trying to throw a jab at atheists. By using God in his sentence, he's clearly trying to mock believers. I'm sure you can tell the difference.
I don't really see the difference.

God knows how they feel regardless of whether they thank him in front of a live audience or not right? Gervais makes a little joke about it, so what.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #79
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I just saw some of the shows highlights and damnnnnnn. He pulled no punches. I doubt he ever hosts anything ever again.

one word - ratings. if he did host anything again he would draw a crowd.

the funny thing is some of these reporters don't seem to be aware that he is still numero uno in britain, whatever happens to his career in the US won't effect what he does in the UK. these knee-jerk reactions to his performance have really made me laugh, once the immediate sting wears off people will start praising or at least be indifferent to what he did but right now they've taken the uncertain and guarded approach.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #80
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

he's made a lot of jokes in the past award shows

he hosted golden globes 2010 and winged it and even said on air he wont be doing this again so who cares, surprised to see him again though

the jews joke he made at the emmys was the best, i wonder if he gets back on there
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #81
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They had to have known what he was gonna do. He was like that when he hosted other things and that's what he is as a comic. Dude is one of my favorite, just hilarious.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #82
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yesterday, the Internet exploded with breathless reports of Ricky Gervais going “too far” as the host of The 68th Annual Golden Globes despite being hilarious and pissing on these people to their faces. He was supposedly canned mid-show and banned from future broadcasts after hurting Hollywood’s fee-fees. Turns out, absolutely none of that happened and the entire show went as planned.

Here’s Ricky defending his jokes and shooting down “conspiracy theories” on his blog:

"Obviously the rumour that the organizers stopped me going out on stage for an hour is rubbish. I did every link I was scheduled to do. The reason why the gaps were uneven is because when I got the rundown I was allowed to choose who I presented to. I obviously chose the spots that I had the best gags for. They couldn’t move around the order but I could move around however I wanted.
All the same conspiracy theories as last year too… “So and so was offended”… “hasn’t been invited back yet”… exactly the same as last time. “Paul McCartney was furious”… no he wasn’t. And nor was Tim Allen and Tom Hanks. I was drinking with them after.
Why do people have to embellish? They’re allowed to say they hated it. They’re allowed to say they didn’t find it funny, that it was tasteless, over the top, or whatever. But why do they speculate and make stuff up?
Don’t worry, I know the answer. Because it’s more interesting than “it went fine and some people won some awards and then went to a party”. But that’s all that happened.
"

he's more interesting now. fukc the hollywood foreign press.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #83
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

I am very glad he doesn't give a f*ck.

Ratings for the golden globes was 17 million, beating everything in the time slot. seems like the audience likes to see celebs get sonned

Can't believe it that Robert Downey Jr catching feelings

More proof as to why Christian Bale is cool ass dude.

Christian Bale: Ricky Gervais is 'a genius'

Quote:
"It's what he's gonna do. He's fantastic. The guy's a genius. I hope he's gonna keep going further. Everything is up for a joke."

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-is-a-genius/1

Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #84
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
They had to have known what he was gonna do. He was like that when he hosted other things and that's what he is as a comic. Dude is one of my favorite, just hilarious.

he told them he was going to do this but they didn't let him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIv8F...eature=related
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #85
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time

Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #86
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time

Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: