Thread: Fifa 15

Default Fifa 15

With the lack of stuff coming out for the new systems I have been looking forward to the new FIFA more than usual.

It looks really good I think. They've tinkered with the way players physically interact with each other. Ball control and dribbling has improved greatly again. Finally they have made some changes to goalies and the way goals are scored. Finally you can give players a few basic tactical behaviors. Even from just the demo, it looks impressive.

Any of you guys pick up the demo yet? What do you think?

Banned

Default Re: Fifa 15

It's too much like FIFA 14 imo. It's improved, but not that big of a deal. I really liked 14 though so it's not really EA's fault, I just think it's a more polished, improved version of 14 and not enough to spend another €65 on.

I cop the demo every year and enjoy it. But I'm not a soccer/football fan so I don't know if this game would have the replay value if I actually went out and bought it. Is there a multiitude of game modes? I know they have Ultimate Team but is there franchise, season, mycareer type modes in it that could keep me busy and make it worth it?

Maybe I'll wait til price drops and cop it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    It's too much like FIFA 14 imo. It's improved, but not that big of a deal. I really liked 14 though so it's not really EA's fault, I just think it's a more polished, improved version of 14 and not enough to spend another €65 on.
    I can't remember the last time I spend more than 50 on a new game.

Don't get me wrong, 50 is still a lot of money I think, but paying the full MSRP for games is for suckers.

Love Live Life

I got the demo but I haven't played it yet.

I always enjoy Fifa and NHL demos but I'm really not a fan of either sport and I don't know the rules and stuff.

I bought Fifa 12 or 13 because my friend from the islands had it. It was fun playing with friends but I sucked balls at the game.

Might pass on it again this year.

I had some lag issues with the demo so haven't played it much. The couple of times I have played, it felt more slow paced than before, which I like. Other than that, nothing too different.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I can't remember the last time I spend more than 50 on a new game.

Don't get me wrong, 50 is still a lot of money I think, but paying the full MSRP for games is for suckers.
    Where do you buy them?

I'll probably wait till Christmas and see if I can get it cheap somewhere. There's no other games I want for the rest of the year except for NBA 2K15 and maybe WWE 2K15 or Minecraft PS4.
    Last edited by Shade8780; 09-25-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Where do you buy them?

I'll probably wait till Christmas and see if I can get it cheap somewhere. There's no other games I want for the rest of the year except for maybe WWE 2K15 or Evolve.
    I always just check the price comparison sites. In the Netherlands we have budgetgaming.nl but obviously it's country specific.

The cheapest right now for me is www.wowhd.com at 50, but they can be a little sketchy with shipping so I'm gonna wait and see what the retailers come up with.

Actually the cheapest way was to just download it from the US PSN store. 60 dollars is only 45 euros.

My girl is downloading that shit to my system right now, the game not even out yet in Europe.

I really like the demo, feels like an improvement over 14. Headers and crosses seem harder which is great, it was too easy to score that way in 14, ball control seems more realistic and I'm scoring goals in more ways than before.

It feels like long range shots are more random now which will hurt my playstyle

Banned

Anyone got it?

From playing the demo, and watching gameplay, they've improved on all the problems from 14, which I didn't think there was many of. Headers/corners are harder to score on, goalkeepers are better and smarter, they've added tactics. Also, I really love how they've licensed the full BPL and Serie A. Stadiums, jerseys, licensing are all in and the presentation is so much nicer.

I'll definitely be getting this at Christmas.
    Last edited by Shade8780; 09-25-2014 at 03:36 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

My favorite feature career mode is yet again broken and untouched... FIFA 08 for the ps2 had a much better and realistic career mode than the current one

Banned

One thing I don't like is that it takes forever for the ball to get to a player when you are passing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    My favorite feature career mode is yet again broken and untouched... FIFA 08 for the ps2 had a much better and realistic career mode than the current one
    Player or Manager?

I like the Manager Career, but if you mean Player, I totally agree with you. For some reason, EA never have good Player Careers in their games. It'd be interesting if 2K bought out Konami and took over PES, renamed FIFA 2K, just to see some competition and how their Player Career would compare to EA's shitty one.