Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: OJ Mayo suspended 10 games by the NBA

OJ Mayo had a black eye before Chicago's Tony Allen literally gave him one. OJ Mayo is just the latest in a long line of me-first selfish players who are too big headed to really do the team they are on any good unless they are on a team like the Lakers and have to know their role due to a Hall of Fame player like Kobe or a Hall of Fame coach like Phil. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of money Mayo will command on the open market since he will be a free agent soon. And more interesting yet, will be to see which teams go after him. I think we all know he's not re-signing in Memphis.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    On the Cavs doe he would be used to his full potential. He would be the only the primary scorer with the green light to take 20-25 shots a game
    Id definitely would keep my eye out for Cavs making a move for OJ Mayo as a stated before.

They are the only team without any direction in the league. Even teams like the Kings have Tyreke Twolves have Love, Beasley, potential Rubio, Raptors have DeMar etc etc.
    Getting OJ Mayo, and they even have the pieces to get him like a Mo Williams, and a young talent like Christian Eygenga or even a Ramon Sessions or something.
    Then they gotta hope the ball fall for them and get a Perry Jones or Terrance Jones. Then sign a good Free agent.

Then you have something to build around Mayo-Jones- Hickson a few FAs. YOu can at least be respectable compete for the 8th out east which is only what 40 games you need to win. Have a face to a franchise etc.
    Because right now the Cavs are just embarrassing on so many levels.

On the Cavs doe he would be used to his full potential. He would be the only the primary scorer with the green light to take 20-25 shots a game
    Yep and that is what I want to see from him. Prime vintage highschool daze. I was a really big fan of his and Patrick Patterson

I would be lying if I would say I wouldn't want OJ playing for a legit contender or a playoff team this year. Even if he won't get the ability to put up stats he could on a lesser team. Lakers, Bulls, Knicks, Heat, Orlando, Jazz any playoff team I would be up for it .

As you know seeing your team loose every night can take a toll on your sports fan mind as you know first hand this year. I went through that OJ's rookie season, and honestly don't ever want to go through it again. If I feel that way as I fan, OJ gotta feel 100x worse being he experienced the loosing after loosing his first year.

OJ still very young 23 years old, still has one more year in his contract. He will get time to show the NBA world what his potential with time, and put up stats.
    But winning organization for me as of right now
    True that

[QUOTE] 75% chance OJ stays , then gets traded in off season
    25% chance OJ gets traded before deadline.

This is his last season in Memphis however you put it. I have been reading up report after report and they all say the same thing. Tons of teams have come knocking on Memphis's door for OJ, but Memphis is asking for such a high asking price for Mayo's current value which is obviously low. An owner would really have to believe in OJ's potential of possibly being a star in the NBA , as I do, to be able to get him by over paying for his current value, which is stress is very low. They would have to see Mayo as their franchise player to be able to get him. I just don't think a team that could use Mayo as their final piece to the puzzle without offering some serious talent like the Bulls or something will be able to get him. That's just from the information I have read.

The Memphis Grizzlies are dangling guard O.J. Mayo(notes) in trade talks, but one NBA general manager said they

Banned

First name is OJ, should be arrested. I'm hungry

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    OJ Mayo had a black eye before Chicago's Tony Allen literally gave him one. OJ Mayo is just the latest in a long line of me-first selfish players who are too big headed to really do the team they are on any good unless they are on a team like the Lakers and have to know their role due to a Hall of Fame player like Kobe or a Hall of Fame coach like Phil. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of money Mayo will command on the open market since he will be a free agent soon. And more interesting yet, will be to see which teams go after him. I think we all know he's not re-signing in Memphis.
    In the past decade Allen Iverson, Stephon Starbury, Stevey Franchise, Jerry Streakhouse, Gilbert Arenas were all famous troubling making selfish players.

OJ Mayo should still be on the fence on whether or not he should be put in that category. Mayo is only 23 years old still young. He unlike those guys seems to be behaving himself better with age. Mayo outside of a few incident this year in his first 2.5 season in the NBA has been trouble free, and no incidences with the law.

But it is a fair assessment though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    Id definitely would keep my eye out for Cavs making a move for OJ Mayo as a stated before.

They are the only team without any direction in the league. Even teams like the Kings have Tyreke Twolves have Love, Beasley, potential Rubio, Raptors have DeMar etc etc.
    Getting OJ Mayo, and they even have the pieces to get him like a Mo Williams, and a young talent like Christian Eygenga or even a Ramon Sessions or something.
    Then they gotta hope the ball fall for them and get a Perry Jones or Terrance Jones. Then sign a good Free agent.

Then you have something to build around Mayo-Jones- Hickson a few FAs. YOu can at least be respectable compete for the 8th out east which is only what 40 games you need to win. Have a face to a franchise etc.
    Because right now the Cavs are just embarrassing on so many levels.
    thats hella potential rite there imo if the cavs could get Demetri Mccamey in the 2nd round it would be a steal.

McCamey-Mayo-T Jones- Hickson- Varejao

thats hella potential rite there imo if the cavs could get Demetri Mccamey in the 2nd round it would be a steal.

McCamey-Mayo-T Jones- Hickson- Varejao
    It is at least a respectable product if it was composed next season, and could compete for the 8th seed next season out east. Give new faces to the franchise and the fans in Cleveland something to cheer about.
    because right now that team is so pathetic on so many levels.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    It is at least a respectable product if it was composed next season, and could compete for the 8th seed next season out east. Give new faces to the franchise and the fans in Cleveland something to cheer about.
    because right now that team is so pathetic on so many levels.
    even if that team had a bad record it would still be a fun team to watch ala Clippers over the last couple seasons