Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: New iPhones 5 C/S

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    If the government wants to track you down they'll do so iphone or not. You'd really have to fly off the radar and not use any modern tech.
    Yes so it doesn't really matter where it is said the finger print is to be stored.

Phones can be tracked, but without having an identification of a person that's carrying the device around (who's using every once in a while). Now, it is. I really wonder would it stand on court as an alibi (or not) of where have you been at the said moment, if you also have activated your iPhone.

It's getting worse, and by that I mean the privacy issue is made to become dilluted and people are getting desensitized gradually. By officially implanting the fingerprint lock on the most popular brand of phones this agenda gets pushed even further. I am not expecting for a device to be untrackable, but I'm not expecting the fact to be made public and sold as a pro.

Very good NBA starter

i have an iphone, and i'm not impressed with apple's new gimmicks.

they haven't really "innovated" shit in years.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    contracts suck, I felt like an idiot too when I did the research and found out I was burning money for no reason. you will get over it.
    browse the prepaid section of howardforums.com and prepare to feel like an idiot

I don't know to much about prepaids. I always assumed it was shitty network for shitty phones.

Can you get one for the new iPhone per se? which one would be a good option. One with Verizon would be good. I have Sprint and it sucks in my area. I always get great reception and speed in areas I'm NEVER in. The areas that I'm always in suck.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Yes so it doesn't really matter where it is said the finger print is to be stored.

Phones can be tracked, but without having an identification of a person that's carrying the device around (who's using every once in a while). Now, it is. I really wonder would it stand on court as an alibi (or not) of where have you been at the said moment, if you also have activated your iPhone.

It's getting worse, and by that I mean the privacy issue is made to become dilluted and people are getting desensitized gradually. By officially implanting the fingerprint lock on the most popular brand of phones this agenda gets pushed even further. I am not expecting for a device to be untrackable, but I'm not expecting the fact to be made public and sold as a pro.
    Not to be a d*ck, but I'm not following you.

Perhaps cause I'm tired, so it's my fault

This f orum sucks dick

Luckily I got my Samsung Galxy S3 and my sister has the iphone 5 both for Virgin Mobile. We both pay 35$ a month, can't wait till VM gets this in a few years unless VM doesn't get the S4 or S5 by then.

This f orum sucks dick

I don't know to much about prepaids. I always assumed it was shitty network for shitty phones.

Can you get one for the new iPhone per se? which one would be a good option. One with Verizon would be good. I have Sprint and it sucks in my area. I always get great reception and speed in areas I'm NEVER in. The areas that I'm always in suck.
    Virgin Mobile has the Iphone 5, Galaxy S3, and they're getting the S4. Prepaid is the way to go with plans that start as low as 35$ a month. Contract phones are for suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    i have an iphone, and i'm not impressed with apple's new gimmicks.

they haven't really "innovated" shit in years.
    Yeah…

Adding a 64 bit processor
    Improving on the camera
    Adding another chip that can determine your actions to be more power efficient
    Improving on graphics
    Adding a state of the art fingerprint sensor perhaps better than every consumer product implementation

All while improving on battery life in a small and light product isn't "innovation".

Other phones have something similar to what iPhone 5s just announced, but they either suck your battery life, are in a big ass body, or lack something else.

You want a great camera, there's a phone that's great… but it'll have a shitty battery life, it'll be big and out of shitty plastic, have subpar software and poor ecosystem (by comparison).

Want a powerful phone… it'll be big, suck battery life, chances are it won't have such a good camera and won't have a finger print sensor.

If you have a finger print sensor, chances are it won't work nearly as well, will be very intrusive and won't be secure, will be in a big body and drain battery life.

What Apple has done IS innovative from an engineering standpoint. And it also has other features that are useful but don't get any attention like the double wifi, ability to automatically turn off or on wifi in order to save battery, know if you're walking or on a car and give relavent information for the situation automatically, all this while conserving battery life. And not even talking about the new iOS which does a better job at multi tasking and conserving battery life and cpu, I already mentioned how audio apps will work with each other flawlessly (my fav feature :) ).

So it may not be 'revolutionary', but it is 'evolutionary' and 'innovative' from an engineering standpoint.
    Last edited by andgar923; 09-12-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    Virgin Mobile has the Iphone 5, Galaxy S3, and they're getting the S4. Prepaid is the way to go with plans that start as low as 35$ a month. Contract phones are for suckers.
    I guess it depends on your area and how much you value a good connection.

before I got my first smartphone I always said I'd be content with a slow connection phone since I wouldn't need it. But as soon as I got one, I was dying for faster and more reliable data speeds.

I'm willing to pay more for better.

If prepaid services offer that, I'll look into it. If they don't I won't bother. I will stay a sucker for better service all around I suppose.

Unless that isn't the case

This f orum sucks dick

I guess it depends on your area and how much you value a good connection.

before I got my first smartphone I always said I'd be content with a slow connection phone since I wouldn't need it. But as soon as I got one, I was dying for faster and more reliable data speeds.

I'm willing to pay more for better.

If prepaid services offer that, I'll look into it. If they don't I won't bother. I will stay a sucker for better service all around I suppose.

Unless that isn't the case…. please enlighten me.
    Well Virgin Mobile is owned by Sprint so you get data from the sprint towers. Where I live I get great service and 4G LTE for only 35$ a month. It really depends on where you live though then again, I'm constantly connected to wifi so I don't really use 3g or 4g.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    Well Virgin Mobile is owned by Sprint so you get data from the sprint towers. Where I live I get great service and 4G LTE for only 35$ a month. It really depends on where you live though then again, I'm constantly connected to wifi so I don't really use 3g or 4g.
    I agree 100%

I always seem to get great connection in places I'm never in. Yet the places I'm always in, have spotty connection.

I'm lucky to get 2 bars of 3g at work, I have to log into the shitty wifi there only to be kicked out every 5 seconds. Everywhere in my neighborhood my connection is subpar to shitty.

But if I go to the next city which I rarely ever do, I get LTE speeds FULL BARS!!! really? WTF? my luck.

So faster CPU, better camera and a pretty gizmo makes you upgrade to a new one? I can understand upgrading from an iPhone 4 but why would one wanna upgrade smartphones whenever a new one comes out? And that goes for any kind of smartphones, I have had my Captivate for more than two years now and I'm satisfied with it although it's not even comparable to the new phones.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    So nobody concerned NSA now will have your metadata, can listen to your calls and can locate you at any given time if you're using the new iPhone? I bet that shit would even stand in court, as a sufficient proof of location. I alone?

any phone from the nineties on forward can be used to triangulate your location, its extremely common to have those records be admitted in criminal cases.

Call records, text records, etc... Doesn't matter which provider, which phone, it's nothing new and the records are pretty easy to get. The phone companies have a team of people and a special phone and fax number to get the subpeonas in. Its a pretty streamlined process.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    any phone from the nineties on forward can be used to triangulate your location, its extremely common to have those records be admitted in criminal cases.

Call records, text records, etc... Doesn't matter which provider, which phone, it's nothing new and the records are pretty easy to get. The phone companies have a team of people and a special phone and fax number to get the subpeonas in. Its a pretty streamlined process.
    My friend used the "find iphone" to put her husband at his girlfriend's house, she made a log for her divorce filing.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    So faster CPU, better camera and a pretty gizmo makes you upgrade to a new one? I can understand upgrading from an iPhone 4 but why would one wanna upgrade smartphones whenever a new one comes out? And that goes for any kind of smartphones, I have had my Captivate for more than two years now and I'm satisfied with it although it's not even comparable to the new phones.
    I dont get that either I probably upgrade every 2-3 years if you have a Iphone 5 or S4 I dont think you need to upgrade. Maybe if you had a Iphone 3 or S2, sometimes people just want to upgrade for the purpose of it being a status symbol.

Also regarding contracts I think they are fair since your using there service anyway, I entered a contract from our local carrier its around $42 for a 30 month contract I got 2 gadgets a Galaxy grand as the phone + a Note 8 Tablet, It comes with unlimited texts + unli data and around 100mins of calls, I find that reasonable instead of paying upfront for both gadgets.

People are generally always gonna want the newest shiniest product. That usually can be said about most items not just phones. it just so happens that phones are more affordable than cars or tvs, they come around more often than gaming consoles as well.

Good for the few of you that are content with your old phone.

As for the rest of us, there may be a feature that we either want or need. In my case I am welcoming the improved Facetime camera, the other features are a bonus.

I also happen to fall into the percentage of people that DON'T have a passcode on their phone, simply because I feel it's too much of a hassle. The fingerprint to unlock seems useful and it's something that perhaps I need.

The improved camera is always a welcomed addition since I go on trips and while I'm not a big photography taker, I do take some here and there.

Would I be buying an iPhone 5s?

No I'm waiting on the new iPad.