Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-13-2017, 06:49 PM   #91
Marchesk
El Sid Stan

Default Re: How Many Pts & What FG% Would Wilt Have Had He Been Allowed To Bully Like Shaq Did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Mound
Muscle tone does not = strength. There where plenty of players that had nicer looking muscles than Barkley but Barkley bullied them all the time.

What would have happened if Lebron tried to defend prime Barkley?
Marchesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:13 PM   #92
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Default Re: How Many Pts & What FG% Would Wilt Have Had He Been Allowed To Bully Like Shaq Did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesk

It would be a very interesting matchup.

But I think Barkley's dominant play on the offensive boards would overpower LBJ, eventually, just because he only played hard on offense.

This is due to the likelihood that LBJ was the primary ballcarrier and primary scorer, so he wouldn't play balls-to-wall defense on Barkley.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #93
Round Mound
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesk

"If someone is not atleast 6'10 ft with long arms i think i can score on them any time i want"
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:48 PM   #94
LAZERUSS
NBA Legend

Quote:
"If someone is not atleast 6'10 ft with long arms i think i can score on them any time i want"

Barkley CRUSHED Shaq on the glass in their career H2H's, including the post-season, where Shaq really puked all over the floor in his post-season career.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

Just another example, of the MANY, in which Shaq was outrebounded by his peers. And again, in his post-season career, there were a TON of playoff series in which he was outrebounded.

Of course, Shaq was deathly afraid of Barkley, just as he was of the 6-8 Rodman (whom he avoided like the plague when defended by him.)

And I always find it laughable that idiots claim that Shaq was a better playoff scorer than Chamberlain.

Wilt averaged a 22-24 in his 160 post-season games. Shaq was at 24-12 in his 216.

Of course, Wilt faced a HOF center in 115 of his 160 playoff games,,,or 70% of the time. Furtermore, he faced PRIME HOF GREATS in the following:

Lucas as a starting center: 5 games.
Reed as a starting center: 11 games.
Beaty: 12 games.
Bellamy: 10 games.
Thurmond: 17 games.
Kareem (PEAK Kareem BTW): 11 games.
Russell: 49 games (yes, he was still a force in his last season)

115 games against HOFers in 160 playoff games.

Shaq faced a HOF center in 54 of his 216 playoff games. Or less than 25% against a HOF center. BUT, wait...let's take a closer look, shall we?

Sabonis? 15 games. BUT, he was a washed up has-been in those series, and in fact, he has no business being in an NBA HOF.

Mutombo? 5 games. A wash-up scrawny shell who actually had a negative effect on his team.

Robinson? 17...all of them past against a past-his-prime D-Rob, and was swept by Robinson in his last full-time season. In fact, he was taking turns singling Shaq with the 6-5 Malik Rose in their last two playoff series.

Hakeem? 8 games. Only FOUR of which came against a PRIME Olajuwon.

Ben Wallace? 5 games, and was blownout 4-1.

Duncan? Of course Duncan would occasionally sub for D-Rob, Rasho, and Rose in '99, '01, '02, '03, and '04...overall, maybe 25% of the time (and again, mostly SINGLE coverage...Pop wasn't overally concerned about Shaq.) But as a starter against Shaq in '08...he just destroyed a 35 year old O'Neal.

So, let's break those numbers down, shall we?

54 total against a HOF center...

5 against Duncan
4 against a prime Hakeem
5 against a prime Wallace

That's IT. A TOTAL of...14 games against a prime HOF center.

So, Wilt averaged 22 ppg with 70% of his playoff games against a prime HOF center, while Shaq averaged 24 ppg with ...get this... less than 5% of his games against a prime HOF center.

Last edited by LAZERUSS : 12-14-2017 at 10:52 PM.
LAZERUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:56 PM   #95
LAZERUSS
NBA Legend

How strong was a Wilt in the decade of the 60's?

Thanks to PHILA for this...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...6&postcount=27

Quote:
n '63 he reported to camp at roughly 315 lbs, while another article reported that his was 320 lbs.

Meriden Journal - Sep 6, 1963

As a skinny rookie in '59, he could clean & jerk 265 lbs & military press 210 lbs. By the mid 60's those numbers (reportedly) increased to 435 lbs & 400 lbs. According to esteemed author Gary M. Pomerantz in Wilt, 1962: The Night of 100 Points And the Dawn of a New Era, Chamberlain could deadlift 625 lbs.

Sports Illustrated - October 26, 1959

Consider the following: he has run the quarter mile in 49 seconds flat, bettered 6 feet 7 in the high jump, put the shot 51 feet, can lift 265 pounds in the clean-and-jerk and 210 in the military press. For none of these feats did Chamberlain prepare himself through normal training; they were casual, offhand achievements by an athlete who has always devoted his free time and effort to basketball.

November 29, 1965

NEW YORK (NEA)—The cop guarding the door to the Philadelphia dressing room in Madison Square Garden spryly ducked aside when Wilt Chamberlain charged in at halftime.

"Whew! Don't ever want to get in that man's way," said the special policeman, who stood a foot shorter and weighed 80 pounds less than Chamberlain. 'He may look tall and skinny, but let me tell you he's one big, strong man."

Chamberlain reminds me of the story of the guy who mated a wild bull with a tiger," the cop went on. "The guy didn't know' what to call it, but when it growled, he listened.

"It's much the same in the National Basketball Association. When the goateed 76ers' superstar so much as moves a muscle, somebody else twitches. "Wilt can make it as easy or as tough on you as he wants," said Ray Scott, the Detroit Pistons' burly 6-10 center-forward. Sure, he expects guys playing against him to play as hard as he does, and he respects you for it.

"But any guy who wants to play, 'who's boss?' with Wilt had better forget it," Scott laughed.

"He's so strong, so tough and so basketball-wise that he can bruise you up under the boards and make it look easy."

Chamberlain, it must be noted,has never fouled out of an NBA game.

Scott recalled a time he outmaneuvered Chamberlain beneath the bucket to snatch a rebound. Or so he thought.

"I was holding that ball just as tightly as I could, and Wilt reached over me and grabbed it away with one hand—just like that!" Scott said.

Did Scott learn anything from that experience?

"Yeah, I learned not to be surprised if it happens again."

The New York Knicks' 6-11 center, Walt Bellamy, no weakling himself, says Chamberlain's physical strength is his greatest asset in basketball, not his height, which is 7-1, nor his reach, which is way up there.

"There are a few players who can jump with Wilt," Bellamy said. "There's no one, though, who can outmuscle him for the ball, or consistently out-position him under the boards, or impede his dunk shot and his driving for the basket."

Bellamy claims that on "pure physical strength," Chamberlain is in a class by himself in the NBA. "The gap between Wilt and the next strongest player is a big one."

Jimmy Brown, the great and powerful Cleveland Browns fullback, one of Chamberlain's close friends, calls Wilt "the strongest athlete in the world, bar none."

Massive Wayne Embry of the Cincinnati Royals has said of Wilt: "He has muscles he doesn't even know about."

And so on.

Granted Chamberlain is strong, but, just how strong is he? Is it true he can clean and jerk 435 pounds; does he workout regularly with weights; does he agree with Brown that he's the strongest athlete in the world; has he ever met a man whose strength compares with his?

"Compare, compare," Chamberlain snapped back at the questions. "Man, why does somebody always want to compare me with something or someone?"

Wilt has said those questions come under what he calls the"goon bit" and made it quite clear once again he's tired of answering them.

"You see me on the court. You know I can play ball. Everybody knows what I can do," he said. "As far as my strength goes, let's just say I'm strong and let it go at that."

Fine, Wilt, Anything you say, fella.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyz-FhP2ONk#t=3m49s

Nov 28, 1956

'It seems Wilt has an unorthodox method of shooting free throws. The big guy takes aim at the basket from several feet behind the line. Then he takes about three giant steps, leaves his feet before reaching the line, and stuffs the ball through the hoop.

Under the old rule, it was perfectly legal as Wilt never touched the floor before letting go of the ball. In addition his percentage was fantastic.

"Why, he would have had a free throw percentage of 100," said [Tex] Winter. "He never missed."

Incidentally the rules committee did not mention Chamberlain by name as a reason for the change. The rule change was made, according to the committee, "to prevent freak activity."'

The Miami News - Nov 7, 1962

'He can clean and jerk a 375-lb. weight, run the quarter mile in 47s, and high-jump over 6-11.'

Sports Illustrated - March 2, 1964

'The St. Louis Hawks' 6-foot-9, 240-pound Zelmo Beaty, for example, found out recently that he can no longer take Chamberlain's great strength for granted. Unable to slow Wilt down with conventional maltreatment, Beaty tried to yank his shorts off. Chamberlain, who can press 400 pounds without breathing hard, makes it a point to control his temper, primarily because he is genuinely afraid he might kill somebody. Beaty's unethical yank, however, was too much. Wilt flicked an arm, and Beaty flew across the floor like a man shot out of a cannon. Referee Mendy Rudolph rushed over to him and said: "For God's sake, stay down, man. Don't even twitch a muscle." Beaty didn't twitch, and he is still active in the NBA.'

http://articles.philly.com/2012-01-10/s ... preciation

January 10, 2012

I will be 55 in a few months, the age he was when I interviewed him. This gives me a whole new appreciation for that interview. It is natural at this age to reflect on one's decisions in life, to contemplate making the most of the good years that remain.

Wilt seemed in far better shape then than I am now, absolutely no gut, sculpted in his tight T-shirt. The world never fully appreciated what an athlete he was. During the filming of Conan the Destroyer, with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Wilt said he put five 50-pound weights on his rib cage, elevated his feet on an incline board, and did 30 sit-ups.

"Arnold couldn't believe it," Wilt said. "He wouldn't even try it."

When I met him that day in 1991, the Sixers had just retired his number, and he told me that was "the most moving day of my life." So many fans thanking him. "I should have been the one saying 'Thank you,' " he said.

Wilt died in 1999.

He would have loved the video homage to him the Sixers showed Monday night and will again many times this season to reconnect the team with its legacy.

The man was undeniably Philadelphia's greatest homegrown athlete. He was large, and he was larger than life. And thanks, Wilt, for sharing one day with me.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:05 PM   #96
LAZERUSS
NBA Legend

Wilt vs. heavy-weight champion Floyd Patterson in a fingertip push-up contest...

Patterson ran out of gas at 158.

Wilt? 200 without breaking a sweat.

How about these TWO examples...

and this...

Old 12-14-2017, 11:08 PM   #97
LAZERUSS
NBA Legend

And this...

http://www2.kusports.com/news/1999/o...s_chamberlain/

Quote:
Out behind Carruth-O'Leary Hall, then a Kansas University dormitory, stood three of KU's most decorated athletes -- Bill Nieder, Al Oerter and Wilt Chamberlain.

It was an autumn night in 1956 and the trio had assembled to determine who could put a 16-pound shot the greatest distance.

"I bet a buck on Bill Nieder," said John Novotny, a Lawrence real estate agent who was a naive KU freshman from Claflin at the time. "That's all I had."

Why not Nieder? A Lawrence High product, Nieder had just earned a silver medal in the shot at the Olympic Games at Melbourne. At the same Games, Oerter had won the gold medal in the discus.

"Al was pretty good with the shot, too," Novotny said, "but I put my dollar on Bill Nieder."

Novotny didn't even consider betting on Chamberlain, a basketball player whose only experience in track and field was in the high jump, even though Chamberlain was the impetus for the three-man contest.

"Wilt liked to bet " He loved poker," said Novotny, who lived two doors from Wilt in Carruth-O'Leary that year.

"Wilt came in one night when Bill and Al were there eating at the training table," Novotny related, "and he started talking to them, and then he told them he could throw the shot farther than either one of them."

Moreover, Chamberlain bet he could beat both of them, and that sent Novotny and a handful of others to their rooms in search of spare loot.

"There we were on that grassy knoll," Novotny reflected. "Oerter threw first, then Bill Nieder threw one past his. Then it was Wilt's turn.

"He turned his back, bent over and intertwined his fingers with the shot in his hands and sling-shotted it over his head. It went about two feet farther than Nieder's throw."

No matter that throwing the shot in that manner is illegal in track and field. This wasn't a matter of esthetics. This was a bet.

"I lost my dollar," Novotny said. "I think Wilt must have made about nine bucks that night."
Old 12-14-2017, 11:15 PM   #98
Round Mound
NBA rookie of the year

If Kareem had the elegant sky hook Wilt practically invented the fadeway or fall away jump shot and or fade away bank shot. People talk about Wilt just being taller and bigger and dunked everything thats not nearly true Wilt invented the fadeway/fall away jump shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O9MgNfcGJA

Old 12-14-2017, 11:19 PM   #99
LAZERUSS
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirFederer
There is nothing factual here. At all.
Great as a troll post but my concern is that you seem to believe this shit.

Please, get some help.

Good luck, man

My original post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
ROOKIE Shaq was in the best shape of his life, and an old Wilt unintentionally nearly yanked his arm out of the socket. Again, as has been admitted by Shaq himself, he slowly ate himself out of shape. The only weight-lifting he did was when he was carrying a dozen pizzas out of Dominos.

The reality was, Shaq played against fading superstar centers from the mid-90's on, and then dominated worthless POS's in the early 00's. Most of whom wouldn't have made a good college team in the 60's and 70's.

In terms of strength...not even close. mid-60's Chamberlain was far stronger than a peak Shaq, and a late 60's to early 70's Wilt was easily the strongest basketball player of all-time.

Had a prime Chamberlain faced the washed-up has-beens and never-weres (all with bad feet), that a prime Shaq was allowed to bloody, well, Wilt would likely own every post-season and scoring record .

Shaq was routinely shelled by his college teammate, (a player who was a complete bust in his NBA career BTW), was deathly afraid of the 6-8 Rodman, was beaten up by a 6-5 Barkey, struggled against the career stumble-bum Ostertag, was shut down by the 6-5 Malik Rose, and was outplayed by the human blob Eddy Curry in their career H2Hs.

Again, he could bully the helpless, but those same centers that he bloodied, would have been carried out in body bags had the NBA unleashed Chamberlain.

Shaq went from 290 in his rookie season, to 370+ by the mid-00's. Did he work out religiously and gain muscle?

Hell no, he put on almost 100 lbs of pure FAT.

http://www.stack.com/a/remember-when...so-much-weight

Quote:
When the Orlando Magic drafted Shaquille O'Neal with the first pick of the 1992 NBA Draft, he looked nothing like the massive, hulking bruiser he is today. The 7-foot-1 phenom out of LSU arrived in the NBA weighing less than 300 pounds--294 to be exact--and with so much real estate for that weight, he looked normal, even kinda skinny.

The Orlando Magic iteration of Shaq was a mutant gazelle, effortlessly galloping down the court like no person standing over seven feet tall ever should. While late in his career, teams had slow their offense in order to wait for Shaq to join them on the offensive end, Orlando's players could barely keep up with him. He could dribble the ball up court, rise for absurd alley-oops and pull spin moves in the post as quick as the Tasmanian Devil.

But Shaq left Orlando for the Los Angeles Lakers in 1996, and his body began to change. It was slow at first, a gradual increase in the size of his shoulders and arms. But by the time the Lakers had won their first NBA championship with Shaq at the end of the 1999-2000 season, Shaq barely resembled the trim, supremely athletic center he was once. By 2002, he weighed 341 pounds. By the 2003-2004 NBA season, Shaq had expanded outward like a helium balloon, with his weight at one point reaching a whopping 370 pounds.

So what happened? How'd one of the greatest centers ever to play the game gain almost 100 pounds? There are a couple of reasons, and the first has everything to do with basketball.

In the off-season after his first championship, Shaq was tired of being pushed around in the post. Despite averaging 30 points per game during the postseason, Shaq felt he needed to add a significant amount of mass to his frame to prolong his superior play. From Fox Sports' Charley Rosen:

It was after the Lakers' first championship that Shaq made a decision that had immediate rewards but proved to be a long-range disaster. Feeling that massive centers like Arvydas Sabonis and Luc Longley were pushing him around in the low post, Shaq felt that he needed to be heavier. In his equation, mass equaled power equaled total domination. He therefore instructed his personal chef to overload his meals with meat and potatoes and the pounds quickly began to accumulate.

But banging bodies down low wasn't the only reason for Shaq's increase in size. His diet and training regimen, or lack thereof, also contributed to his shapeshifting. Though Shaq has made major changes to his diet after retirement, he's upfront that his caloric intake during his playing days was less than ideal.

"When I was playing, I was a burger and bread eater, and you can't really do that every day if you're not getting exercise," Shaq told Men's Health in 2012.

BALLOONED to 370 lbs.

How strong was Shaq?

The man could barely bench ...get this... 315 lbs...which was bad enough, but he likely weighed about 400 lbs at the time he tried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZIp4daEO1I

Continued...
Old 12-14-2017, 11:25 PM   #100
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst

He didn't play like that because he was a scrawny wimp. If he had tried, he would have been beaten up down low by opposing players.

He was a finesse guy by necessity
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:27 PM   #101
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst

Quote:
If Kareem had the elegant sky hook Wilt practically invented the fadeway or fall away jump shot and or fade away bank shot. People talk about Wilt just being taller and bigger and dunked everything thats not nearly true Wilt invented the fadeway/fall away jump shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O9MgNfcGJA

Pretty sad when a guy who's a foot taller than everyone else is bricking fadeaways instead of making grown man moves in the post

I guess Ilt knew the limitations of his feeble body
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:47 PM   #102
LAZERUSS
NBA Legend

Continued...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
ROOKIE Shaq was in the best shape of his life, and an old Wilt unintentionally nearly yanked his arm out of the socket. Again, as has been admitted by Shaq himself, he slowly ate himself out of shape. The only weight-lifting he did was when he was carrying a dozen pizzas out of Dominos.

The reality was, Shaq played against fading superstar centers from the mid-90's on, and then dominated worthless POS's in the early 00's. Most of whom wouldn't have made a good college team in the 60's and 70's.

In terms of strength...not even close. mid-60's Chamberlain was far stronger than a peak Shaq, and a late 60's to early 70's Wilt was easily the strongest basketball player of all-time.

Had a prime Chamberlain faced the washed-up has-beens and never-weres (all with bad feet), that a prime Shaq was allowed to bloody, well, Wilt would likely own every post-season and scoring record .

Shaq was routinely shelled by his college teammate, (a player who was a complete bust in his NBA career BTW), was deathly afraid of the 6-8 Rodman, was beaten up by a 6-5 Barkey, struggled against the career stumble-bum Ostertag, was shut down by the 6-5 Malik Rose, and was outplayed by the human blob Eddy Curry in their career H2Hs.

Again, he could bully the helpless, but those same centers that he bloodied, would have been carried out in body bags had the NBA unleashed Chamberlain.

I have already addressed Shaq's truly laughable competition in his post-season career. Again... NINE games against a PRIME HOF starting center out of his 216 playoff games...or less than FIVE PERCENT! Documented.

Again, we have a TON of first hand accounts of Chamberlain's staggering strength, including an interview with none other than Arnold Schwartzennger, who was just shocked by Wilt's overall power.

And the internet is plastered with articles and links as well.

Where are those articles on Shaq? The only time Shaq was seen doing any weight-lifting, it was when he was carrying a dozen pizzas out of Dominos.

\As for his COLLEGE teammate, Stanley Roberts, who was a bust in the NBA...

https://www.si.com/vault/2002/12/23/...still-love-him

Quote:
That he can't see the damage to this day is part of the mystery of Stanley Roberts. So is his blindness to how great a player he could've been. Dale Brown, who was the LSU coach during Roberts's and O'Neal's one season together, 1989--90, wasn't alone in considering Roberts the better pro prospect. When the 17-year-old O'Neal arrived in Baton Rouge in the summer of 1989 as the most hotly pursued recruit in the land, Brown told him he might get a chance to play as a freshman. After all, Roberts, a Proposition 48 sophomore heading into his first college season, had hammered Alonzo Mourning in the McDonald's High School All-American game in 1988 and had been just as coveted as O'Neal.

Then, abruptly, Roberts switched gears. He took the ball on the wing, and as Shaq stood in the lane, waiting, never thinking to go guard him, Roberts lofted an 18-footer over his head and in. O'Neal was frozen--and, worse, exposed. It hit Roberts at once: You can't come out. I got you. O'Neal's feet were still heavy, awkward, size 22 to Roberts's 16. His game was all height and force. Roberts rained jumpers over O'Neal, and the few times Shaq dared to step out, Roberts cut around him and dunked. On the other end Roberts learned quickly how to time Shaq's jump hook and slap it away, how to shiver Shaq with a forearm to the chest at the foul line and halt his momentum before he got into the lane, how to frustrate him until he lost focus.

"When we played each other in the NBA, he was the only one who ever really slowed me down," O'Neal says of Roberts. "His game is just like mine: Big, funny, silly--but he can shoot. I can't."

Shaq was DOMINATED by a COLLEGE teammate, who would be an NBA bust (partially because he was an even bigger eater than Shaq-DoughBoy.)

Was Shaq afraid of Dennis Rodman?

When O'Neal was abusing the Luc Longley and Bill Wennington..two of the many JOKES that he faced in his post-season career, Phil Jackson moved the 6-8 Rodman onto Shaq...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdZn8epqnKo

Shaq suddenly went into hiding, even when SINGLED by Rodman.

And that was not the only time, either...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr4_HQA7Dk

And again, against a Laker Shaq...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89IQcTPHkRs

Just shut his ass down.

You could see Shaq wanted nothing to do with Rodman.

Barkley used to abuse Shaq, as well, and finally just plaun picked him up and slammed him down. If it hadn't been for teammates pulling them apart, Shaq likely would have ended up in ICU...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDTFU3Vqa0g

And after they were separated...you could see Shaq cowering, while Barkleu wanted more.

The 6-5.5 Malik Rose was the Spurs designated Shaq-stopper. He and a washed up D-Rob took turns SINGLING Shaq in their '02 playoff series, in which Shaq put up a paltry 22 ppg on a .447 FG%.

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2010/02/04/post-defense

Quote:
Don't believe me? Just talk to a true practitioner of the craft like Malik Rose, as I did some months ago while researching a book. Perhaps no player in recent memory has done more with less when it comes to post D. Neither tall (his nickname in San Antonio was Generously Listed, in reference to his stated height of 6-foot-7) nor especially quick or springy, Rose was drafted in the second round out of Drexel in 1996 and spent eight seasons as the Spurs' designated Shaq stopper, or at least Shaq waylayer

As for the 7-0 Greg "I can't dunk" Ostertag. Ostertag held an 8-1 playoff record against Shaq including this series...

https://www.basketball-reference.com...s-vs-jazz.html

23 ppg on a .493 FG%.

Oh, and then the next season, Ostertag and teammates SWEPT Shaq and his THREE other All-Star teammates.

Just one of the SIX post-season playoff SWEEPS that Shaq endured. And he was an eyelash away from EIGHT.

Last edited by LAZERUSS : 12-14-2017 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:55 PM   #103
Round Mound
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd3035
Pretty sad when a guy who's a foot taller than everyone else is bricking fadeaways instead of making grown man moves in the post

I guess Ilt knew the limitations of his feeble body

If he wanted to and was allowed to he probably would have donde what Shaq did but he also wanted to proove he had skill. Plus there are rule changes because of Wilt and had he tried to to do what Shaq did he probably would have commited offensive fouls.

Last edited by Round Mound : 12-15-2017 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:20 AM   #104
LAZERUSS
NBA Legend

Quote:
If he wanted to and was allowed to he probably would have donde what Shaq did but he also wanted to proove he had skill. Plus there are rule changes because of Wilt and had he tried to to do what Shaq did he probably would have commited offensive fouls.

Here is Shaq against a scrawny, washed-up Mutombo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3FXLyNFew

Shaq would have fouled out on that sequence alone in Wilt's era. Not to mention he was routinely palming his dribble, and his hop-step would have been called a travel.

And as you stated, there was no way the NBA would have allowed Chamberlain do just steam-roll his opposing centers. If they had, they would have been carrying player-after-player out in body-bags.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:31 AM   #105
Round Mound
NBA rookie of the year

Wilt was so far ahead of his time he like the Pele of basketball. Just imagine had he been pissed off and able to bully under modern rules. It would have been insane.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: