Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-13-2017, 02:09 AM   #61
yeaaaman
National High School Star

Default Re: 76ers vs. Timberwolves GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesk
Jimmy Butler might have something to do with that?

Yea, so they are better than last year.

Timberwolves fans - what do you think about Thibs? I haven't seen them much last year but on one hand they are 16-12 which is definitely not bad and they also need time to adjust to each other and figure out how to maximize each others talent. However I sometimes wonder if he is the guy to maximize their young talent?

I feel like I'm not seeing the growth for Wiggins and Towns that you might expect. It also seems like they are unsure how to use each other on offense. I don't think they have a nice flow or enough movement. Wiggins showed some improvement last year on pick and rolls with Towns but I haven't seen that really this year. I don't know if Teague is the best complement to their big 3 either?
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:10 AM   #62
chris02jammers
Local High School Star

KAT is soft
chris02jammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:33 AM   #63
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
Yea, so they are better than last year.

Timberwolves fans - what do you think about Thibs? I haven't seen them much last year but on one hand they are 16-12 which is definitely not bad and they also need time to adjust to each other and figure out how to maximize each others talent. However I sometimes wonder if he is the guy to maximize their young talent?

I feel like I'm not seeing the growth for Wiggins and Towns that you might expect. It also seems like they are unsure how to use each other on offense. I don't think they have a nice flow or enough movement. Wiggins showed some improvement last year on pick and rolls with Towns but I haven't seen that really this year. I don't know if Teague is the best complement to their big 3 either?
Well Taj is eating up a lot of what KAT did on offense last year. KAT had putback tips/dunks all the time because he is a great rebounder. Taj also is a really good offensive rebounder so he takes some of that away...which isn't a bad thing because Taj is a huge positive. So KAT has a lot less opportunities for that.

KAT is also someone who plays on confidence...if he isn't clicking he tends to sulk...AAU always being better then everyone else...and then his defense gets even worse. Good thing is that he usually is fines on offense...there haven't been too many nights where he has been hopeless. The guy needs to learn to give consistent effort when things aren't going away...and the whining...oh god the whining to the refs...it's horrible...Towns ain't a floper but he sure as hell whines like one.

As to this

Quote:
It also seems like they are unsure how to use each other on offense.

You are 100% correct. All too often when someone gets a ball the other 4 just sit around...So ball movement completely stops which leads to players getting doubled and then the players who got doubled have no one to pass to since no one is moving...it's frustrating...which is strange when you have one of the best offenses in the league.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:20 AM   #64
AI09
Sixers Dynasty

Nice comeback win by the sixers can't believe they turned the ball over that much and still managed to win the game. I can't wait to see this team after everyone is healthy and get used to each other. I love what Trevor Booker has been doing since coming over, dude plays with alot of energy. It's going to be interesting to see who falls out of the rotation after Covington, Fultz and Anderson come back.

Simmons/McConnell/Bayless
Redick/Fultz/Korkmaz
Covington/Luwawu/Anderson
Saric/Holmes/Booker
Embiid/Johnson

I got a good feeling that Fultz is going to come back strong, watching him in college and summer league his jumpshot was money he will probably be the sixth man this season for us.
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:27 AM   #65
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

TLC might fall out of rotation but Anderson ainít really special in his own right. So it could be a wash.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #66
CuterThanRubio
"3 is greater than 2"

Will Tom Thibodeau ever adjust to the modern NBA? ( The answer is no)

I heard a lot of talk about "complex schemes" but I haven't seen them in action

It doesn't take more than a season to learn how to defend, these guys aren't rookies anymore/

Thibs insists on running his starters ragged but the production isn't enough to justify his rotations.

KAT scores less than 20 in more than an entire games worth of play, and they lost, how would resting him do any harm?

They re-signed Bazz and he doesn't even see the floor

Thibs is a joke and I've been saying it since day one, everyone else caught feelings like I didn't know what I was talking about but yet here we are

This team is built for the treadmill, not a title.

+ How tf are you going to let JJ Redick outscore you at home, Wiggins and Towns need to grow up fast, they are too talented to be so bitchmade
CuterThanRubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:32 PM   #67
yeaaaman
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Well Taj is eating up a lot of what KAT did on offense last year. KAT had putback tips/dunks all the time because he is a great rebounder. Taj also is a really good offensive rebounder so he takes some of that away...which isn't a bad thing because Taj is a huge positive. So KAT has a lot less opportunities for that.

KAT is also someone who plays on confidence...if he isn't clicking he tends to sulk...AAU always being better then everyone else...and then his defense gets even worse. Good thing is that he usually is fines on offense...there haven't been too many nights where he has been hopeless. The guy needs to learn to give consistent effort when things aren't going away...and the whining...oh god the whining to the refs...it's horrible...Towns ain't a floper but he sure as hell whines like one.

As to this

You are 100% correct. All too often when someone gets a ball the other 4 just sit around...So ball movement completely stops which leads to players getting doubled and then the players who got doubled have no one to pass to since no one is moving...it's frustrating...which is strange when you have one of the best offenses in the league.

Sorry I meant I haven't gotten a chance to watch much this year but saw a bunch of them last year...anyways I get what you're saying, Towns definitely seems to whine a lot.

But with all you've said don't you think they can be more innovative on offense? I guess it's hard to judge so early because OKC is having a much harder time figuring it out, but the 1 on 1 with 4 guys standing around doesn't look good big picture. They need to use each other to maximize each other. Wiggins and Butler need to learn how to play off the ball better instead of just waiting until "their turn".
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: