Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 12-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Chances of making the Playoffs

The Blazers just moved ahead of Utah and Houston for the 8th spot. If they keep up the above .500 record, they can make the playoffs. What do you think the chances are? I'm still skeptical, but I am going with a 35-40% chance. If you asked me before the season, I would have said 5%.

For the record, Hollinger's crappy system has the Blazers at 53.6%.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Chances of making the Playoffs

Looking at their upcoming scheudle, I'd say they could move into the number four spot in the West and go up on the Nuggets by a couple games. They only have to play three tough games (obviously on paper) against Golden State and two against Utah in the next month.

If they beat the teams they should beat and solidify a small game lead on Denver then hope for the annual Iverson blow up or injury then I think they have a very good shot

45% - 50% chance right now.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

I definatley think they will.

Aldridge and Roy, Alridge and Roy...
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #4
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

I must also mention that so far this season they have played the eigth toughest schuedle in the NBA so it should only get easier from here on out.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #5
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

MasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected poster

I believe they will make it. Like Remix said, Aldridge and Roy, Aldridge and Roy.
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #6
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I think they can make the playoffs. They could be like Denver in Carmelo's first year when they made the playoffs. I was watching PTI and they had the Blazers GM talking and they were talking about how Greg Oden is ahead of reschdule with his rehab so their might be a slight chance Oden plays this season.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

It's a possibility, but I doubt it happens. They will be very competitive, though. I think there's too much competition for the final couple of seeds for them to make it in.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #8
Bueford Blue
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bueford Blue has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
It's a possibility, but I doubt it happens. They will be very competitive, though. I think there's too much competition for the final couple of seeds for them to make it in.

I agree, but all they half to do is take care of the Northwest Div. Winn most of thier home games and do very well on the road. Boston is the threat in the east and Toronto. But the WEST portland has to step up.
Bueford Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: