Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Mike brown

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Mike brown

Quote Originally Posted by xhuegox
    i honesty have NO IDEA why Murphy gets any minutes. the guy needs to be cut.
    Yeah, this really bothered me tonight.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Don't you think the whole Bynum thing is getting blown up now? If people don't agree with you, it ain't worth posting on 2 accounts/obsessing over bro. He shot a dumb shot he shouldn't have taken, then didn't even run back on defense. Every coach would have benched him, and especially Phil in a meaningless regular season game.

I do have a few complaints about Mike Brown:

1) Kobe plays too many minutes
    2) Goudelock doesn't get any minutes

For starters, I dislike the fact that he's played Kobe so many minutes this season. 38.6 minutes a game..that is way too much. That should be cut down to 33-34 tops. The fatigue has clearly shown in his game the past 10 games averaging 30 something percent from the field. I don't remember Kobe ever having such a bad shooting stretch in all of his career.

Next, I hate how Goudelock has all of a sudden been removed from the rotation. The guy was giving us 8-10 points off the bench a game at home AND the on the road. How many players in the league, let alone, a rookie can do something like that? Think of about how much that could boaster the bench production.

Dear Mike Brown,

Lessen Kobe's minutes, and give Goudelock more minutes. Addition by subtraction! You will surely be surprised at the result. That is all.

-Lakers fan
    I definitely don't have two accounts.

I do agree about Kobe's minutes. It's something I've worried about throughout the season too. It's opposite of the strategy Phil took last season and the one that Pops uses with his vets for the Spurs....

Goudelock needs more minutes absolutely. For the big men, Murphy needs to play less.

The Bynum thing is a bit blown out of proportion, but it's only because Brown benched him. Had Brown not benched him it's not even a discussion. Or if Bynum hits the shot, it's not even a discussion (unless of course he still would've been benched). The coach messed up, so it is a discussion. I think what has made it get so blown up is that it's a polarizing topic. It seems people either totally agree with the decision or are totally against it. For myself, it's not so much the 3 pointer that makes it a discussion. It's the whole season of decisions by Brown that boils my blood. Of course there were plenty tonight too, lol. I'm not even going to touch tonights game yet

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Don't you think the whole Bynum thing is getting blown up now? If people don't agree with you, it ain't worth posting on 2 accounts/obsessing over bro. He shot a dumb shot he shouldn't have taken, then didn't even run back on defense. Every coach would have benched him, and especially Phil in a meaningless regular season game.

I do have a few complaints about Mike Brown:

1) Kobe plays too many minutes
    2) Goudelock doesn't get any minutes

For starters, I dislike the fact that he's played Kobe so many minutes this season. 38.6 minutes a game..that is way too much. That should be cut down to 33-34 tops. The fatigue has clearly shown in his game the past 10 games averaging 30 something percent from the field. I don't remember Kobe ever having such a bad shooting stretch in all of his career.

Next, I hate how Goudelock has all of a sudden been removed from the rotation. The guy was giving us 8-10 points off the bench a game at home AND the on the road. How many players in the league, let alone, a rookie can do something like that? Think of about how much that could boaster the bench production.

Dear Mike Brown,

Lessen Kobe's minutes, and give Goudelock more minutes. Addition by subtraction! You will surely be surprised at the result. That is all.

-Lakers fan

You're so ON POINT with the addition by subtraction thing.

Giving Kobe less minute will help him stay fresh and giving them to goudelock will let him start balking. Guarentee you Kobe has the same stats with less shot attempts and you'll get 10 more points out I it.

C'mon mike brown. You're better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Exactly!!!!!!! A good coach knows how to handle the situation without causing a commotion and risking a loss. Brown is no coach or a leader of any sort.
    Bynum had just hit a 3 pointer in the previous game........what's the big deal, it's not like anyone on the team is making a decent percentage from 3.

Again Lakerfreak, if you watched the previous game you would know that Bynum took a 3 at the end of the game and made it. His % from 3 is better than Pau who gets to cast 3's anytime he wants.

Kobe knows that Brown is a complete dumbass, Bynum......and the entire team knows that Brown is a joke and cannot coach......kinda clueless to blame Kobe for his comments. Brown's bullying tactics are not going to make him a good coach.
    If you're talking about percentage wise sure, but what about consistency wise? I can shoot 2 three pointers my entire career, and make one. That makes me a 50% success rate from there. Am I consistent though? Not necessarily. Bynum's shooting form from 3 is not only ugly, but when he misses, he misses terribly. Pau's shot is much better, and nearly goes in alot of the time, therefore his consistency is better than Bynum, and I would rather have Pau shoot the three than Bynum, because part of what makes Pau Gasol what he is, is his ability to take his game outside of the paint.

Its not clueless blaming Kobe at all....Kobe wants to win right? So listen the f*** to coach, and stop trying to stretch out distractions even more. He will not win another championship as the main man if they fire Brown today, because thats a whole new system coming in to replace brown, PAST midseason. Kobe on the court may be a very smart player with his footwork, but he is not a smart person. When Kobe gets too old to where his stats decline, mark my words, he will still think he's the best player in the game. Sound familiar? Derek Fisher thought he was still a very good player to start for the lakers. He sucks, its sad watching him play. Kobe has that same mindset.

If the lakers keep catering to Kobe today, we will not only lose, who I believe to be an exceptional coach in Brown, but in 3 years or less, Kobe who will retire, and will have completely screwed over this lakers organization. Right now, Brown is the new guy expected to keep this system in LA for years to come, Kobe isn't. Kobe is the guy that had been there, done that, and will about to be rewarded on his way out with a thank you, a retired number, and thats it. Kobe is no longer the decision maker here. That ship has moved on. He's locked into this contract that is going to make him richer, older, and less skilled once he declines. After this contract is up, he will be too old to be "highly coveted". He has no leverage anymore. If im the lakers, I don't take Kobe's comments seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    If you're talking about percentage wise sure, but what about consistency wise? I can shoot 2 three pointers my entire career, and make one. That makes me a 50% success rate from there. Am I consistent though? Not necessarily. Bynum's shooting form from 3 is not only ugly, but when he misses, he misses terribly. Pau's shot is much better, and nearly goes in alot of the time, therefore his consistency is better than Bynum, and I would rather have Pau shoot the three than Bynum, because part of what makes Pau Gasol what he is, is his ability to take his game outside of the paint.

Its not clueless blaming Kobe at all....Kobe wants to win right? So listen the f*** to coach, and stop trying to stretch out distractions even more. He will not win another championship as the main man if they fire Brown today, because thats a whole new system coming in to replace brown, PAST midseason. Kobe on the court may be a very smart player with his footwork, but he is not a smart person. When Kobe gets too old to where his stats decline, mark my words, he will still think he's the best player in the game. Sound familiar? Derek Fisher thought he was still a very good player to start for the lakers. He sucks, its sad watching him play. Kobe has that same mindset.

If the lakers keep catering to Kobe today, we will not only lose, who I believe to be an exceptional coach in Brown, but in 3 years or less, Kobe who will retire, and will have completely screwed over this lakers organization. Right now, Brown is the new guy expected to keep this system in LA for years to come, Kobe isn't. Kobe is the guy that had been there, done that, and will about to be rewarded on his way out with a thank you, a retired number, and thats it. Kobe is no longer the decision maker here. That ship has moved on. He's locked into this contract that is going to make him richer, older, and less skilled once he declines. After this contract is up, he will be too old to be "highly coveted". He has no leverage anymore. If im the lakers, I don't take Kobe's comments seriously.
    Kobe 5 Brown 0.........hate on Kobe all you want, he and the entire league know that Brown can't coach......simple as that. Brown is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen, the mistakes he makes aren't even high school level blunders. I don't think you know a thing about coaching or coaching methods.
    If this was a good coach who knew anything I would be the first to take his side but Brown is a complete moron who win never win a thing in his life as a head coach anywhere at any level.....even middle school
    I spent most of the day today hearing people bash Brown on every level......kiss up about him if you want, the results are showing.
    Team doesnt respect or listen to him, the offense is at a historic low. Even the easy teams cause us trouble, big leads are blown constantly.
    The players know far more than you do, they know he's a moron.....but hey, keep telling yourself differently

NBA lottery pick

What confuses me the most (and this is because I'm from the Midwest) is why here on the West Coast you can't be critical of your sports teams. Why is it that everything is always cool? It's apparently irrelevant who the Lakers hire. The fans will try to get his back for at least a few years. That seems like such a crazy thing to me though..... The Lakers are a team that has always been contenders. Is it ok to not be such now???

Kobe 5 Brown 0.........hate on Kobe all you want, he and the entire league know that Brown can't coach......simple as that. Brown is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen, the mistakes he makes aren't even high school level blunders. I don't think you know a thing about coaching or coaching methods.
    If this was a good coach who knew anything I would be the first to take his side but Brown is a complete moron who win never win a thing in his life as a head coach anywhere at any level.....even middle school
    I spent most of the day today hearing people bash Brown on every level......kiss up about him if you want, the results are showing.
    Team doesnt respect or listen to him, the offense is at a historic low. Even the easy teams cause us trouble, big leads are blown constantly.
    The players know far more than you do, they know he's a moron.....but hey, keep telling yourself differently
    Oh please after the opening line of this I started shrugging. That has nothing to do with it. Most coaches in the league dont have 5 rings. Most of them don't even have one. I don't even know if Adelman has one, and you would still want adelman? Can you explain the hypocrisy of your logic, which is seemingly anti Brown at all costs for no apparent reason? High school mistakes huh? I've said it once and I've said it again, the winning record says it all.

If I don't know about coaching or methods, then I am starting to conclude that you really don't know basketball. Im sorry but every one of your posts has the word "clueless" and other such related terms to describe a coach who's got this team playing outstanding defense, and the offense is improving. Offense at a historic low is shows that this is strictly a slow paced team, with an emphasis on defense. But if you knew anything about basketball, you'd understand the slower paced = low scoring....most of the time. This is by no means a running team.

I wasn't at all speaking about the players and what they know. I've only heard from Kobe, who's just mad because Brown was man enough to call his ass out on shot selection, which by the way is still really crappy as of late. But like I said, If you knew basketball, you'd know Kobe's shot selection is garbage.

Oh please after the opening line of this I started shrugging. That has nothing to do with it. Most coaches in the league dont have 5 rings. Most of them don't even have one. I don't even know if Adelman has one, and you would still want adelman? Can you explain the hypocrisy of your logic, which is seemingly anti Brown at all costs for no apparent reason? High school mistakes huh? I've said it once and I've said it again, the winning record says it all.

If I don't know about coaching or methods, then I am starting to conclude that you really don't know basketball. Im sorry but every one of your posts has the word "clueless" and other such related terms to describe a coach who's got this team playing outstanding defense, and the offense is improving. Offense at a historic low is shows that this is strictly a slow paced team, with an emphasis on defense. But if you knew anything about basketball, you'd understand the slower paced = low scoring....most of the time. This is by no means a running team.

I wasn't at all speaking about the players and what they know. I've only heard from Kobe, who's just mad because Brown was man enough to call his ass out on shot selection, which by the way is still really crappy as of late. But like I said, If you knew basketball, you'd know Kobe's shot selection is garbage.
    LMFAO......dumbass Brown said "We're going to be a running team this year and score a lot of points" funny how nothing the moron says ever holds water......just like the recent "Steve Blake is my starter for the foreseeable future".....which lasted about 2 days....I guess glasses don't fix everything .

The players know the guy is an idiot, they don't respect him in the least and completely tune him out;
    Bynum doesn't even participate in the huddles.....EVER......not that I agree with this behavior, just telling you to wake up and realize what is happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwiMt...FDFxjYMNNjA%3D
    Last edited by DKLaker; 04-02-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Shit just it serious.

You can't say shit like that to the media.

Bynum makes brown and himself look like a fool.

C'mon man. Tim Duncan would never question or make comments about pop Like that.
    Then again, mb isn't pop.

Our guys need to stay "classy"

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Shit just it serious.

You can't say shit like that to the media.

Bynum makes brown and himself look like a fool.

C'mon man. Tim Duncan would never question or make comments about pop Like that.
    Then again, mb isn't pop.

Our guys need to stay "classy"
    I agree and I am shocked that Bynum would go there.....but that is just how fed up the entire team is with Brown. He has to go!!!

Coach Pop Great Coach!!!!..... Mike Brown Idiot!!!!

I hope dumbass Brown learns from this and stops the unproductive benching crap....I mean does anyone actually thinks it was worth it now???
    As I said, it's not something that an intelligent experienced coach would've done under the circumstances......yes there are times and reasons to bench players....but that was definitely not one of them.

I agree and I am shocked that Bynum would go there.....but that is just how fed up the entire team is with Brown. He has to go!!!

Coach Pop Great Coach!!!!..... Mike Brown Idiot!!!!

I hope dumbass Brown learns from this and stops the unproductive benching crap....I mean does anyone actually thinks it was worth it now???
    As I said, it's not something that an intelligent experienced coach would've done under the circumstances......yes there are times and reasons to bench players....but that was definitely not one of them.
    On the contrary, the fact that Brown had found away to play Bynum, Murphy, and McRoberts off the bench and give them significant minutes shows hes a pretty good thinker. With Matt Barnes performing very well off the bench, there is no reason that Brown should suddenly change the rotation to EBanks again.
    All the roles are divided, everyone is doing their part (except for Bynum), and they're winning.

I knew that when Ramon Sessions would come, that decisions would be made easier.

On the contrary, the fact that Brown had found away to play Bynum, Murphy, and McRoberts off the bench and give them significant minutes shows hes a pretty good thinker. With Matt Barnes performing very well off the bench, there is no reason that Brown should suddenly change the rotation to EBanks again.
    All the roles are divided, everyone is doing their part (except for Bynum), and they're winning.

I knew that when Ramon Sessions would come, that decisions would be made easier.
    Man.......with my oversized puffed up boxing gloves I'm going to jab those rose colored glasses right off your nose
    Your logic is like ??????? WTF??????????
    Next you be saying that Mike Brown is a great coach because he lets Kobe park in his spot

Man.......with my oversized puffed up boxing gloves I'm going to jab those rose colored glasses right off your nose
    Your logic is like ??????? WTF??????????
    Next you be saying that Mike Brown is a great coach because he lets Kobe park in his spot
    Well he would be a nice guy definitely.

What I am trying to do here is respond to your comments about brown's rotations. You're saying he doesn't do a good job, but now that Barnes is performing well, and now that we have ramon sessions, its easier to play both murphy and mcroberts, because their different styles make the lakers more dangerous. One hustles, grabs boards, passes amazingly for a big (mcrob) and the other spreads the floor and hits his shots consistently. Now Brown can utilize them both and split their minutes in a way where both are happy.

I don't even wanna hear about Barnes, because to start the season, he was not as good as he is now. Now that he is much better, I like him playing around 20 a game. him and artest are a decent rotation. EBanks is just a logjam, im sorry. He's got potential, but he doesn't play aggressive.

Edit: how do YOU know I have rose colored glasses? haha :p

Well he would be a nice guy definitely.

What I am trying to do here is respond to your comments about brown's rotations. You're saying he doesn't do a good job, but now that Barnes is performing well, and now that we have ramon sessions, its easier to play both murphy and mcroberts, because their different styles make the lakers more dangerous. One hustles, grabs boards, passes amazingly for a big (mcrob) and the other spreads the floor and hits his shots consistently. Now Brown can utilize them both and split their minutes in a way where both are happy.

I don't even wanna hear about Barnes, because to start the season, he was not as good as he is now. Now that he is much better, I like him playing around 20 a game. him and artest are a decent rotation. EBanks is just a logjam, im sorry. He's got potential, but he doesn't play aggressive.

Edit: how do YOU know I have rose colored glasses? haha :p
    What an intelligent coach would do is to give Ebanks minutes, if you actually think that in this condensed season where you often play 4 games in 5 nights that 2 older guys can effectively handle the load than you are nuts, I will also add that Ebanks contract is up at the end of the season, we have to make a decision, we need to see what he really an do or risk making the wrong move one way or the other, Barnes contract is up at the end of the season too and don't expect him to play for peanuts again, it's most likely that he will leave for a higher offer.....and better coach. That leaves us with only Metta under contract........a possible Amnesty player. All in all it would be wisest to give Ebanks at least 5 minutes per game.....it wouldn't hurt us the least bit.

Brown's rotations???? The moron should've been playing Murphy and McRoberts the whole season while resting Pau much more, I give him no credit for being so horribly slow to do the blatantly obvious.
    Rotations.......is there ANYONE who thinks Goudelock should be riding pine as if he's Luke Walton Just more stupidity from Mike Brown Your bench is going to suck if your best bench player doesn't play...period!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE]
    Jordan-esque
    Decent playground baller

[Reports]: Is Mike Brown NOT Respected by Players?
    This 2012 season alone, Mike Brown has had issues with at least 10 of his current players (chronology).

[COLOR="Red"]Pau Gasol (01-24-12)[/COLOR]

Quote:
    Pau Gasol critiques Mike Brown offense

"We have to make sure we use our interior game as other teams do," said Gasol before practice Tuesday. "Like I mentioned last game, Orlando goes to the interior game. Indiana used their post game with Hibbert and West. I don't think they're as much talented as we are. Why don't we? I think that's always a very effective way to play this game."

Lakers coach Mike Brown downplayed the issue, pointing to Gasol's stat line of 10 assists and zero turnovers against Indiana as proof positive that the four-time All-Star still has a vital role in the offense.

"Pau's getting touches down there," Brown said. "Sometimes he may get more; sometimes he may get less depending on the flow of the game. But he can operate down there [and] he can operate from 15 feet. He does a great job facilitating, just as well as he does scoring."

[COLOR="Red"]Josh McRoberts (02-04-12)[/COLOR]

Quote:
    Josh McRoberts latest target of decreased playing time by Mike Brown

"This is my fifth year now and this isn't the first time this has happened where you're playing big minutes and all of a sudden you're not playing," said McRoberts. "I mean, everybody wants to be out on the court for 48 minutes, but it's not discouraging for me. I'm going to keep working hard and continue to get better."

[COLOR="Red"]Metta World Peace (02-14-12)[/COLOR]

Quote:
    Metta World Peace and Mike Brown appear at odds

"His background is video coordinator or whatever. So he's all stats," said World Peace. "But Ron Artest is all feel. [Brown] doesn't understand that. Having me in the game at the end, he was worried about me shooting bad from the free-throw line. And I was like, 'I could care less because I'm gonna get a stop [defensively] at the end of the game.'"

[COLOR="Red"]Derek Fisher (03-10-12)[/COLOR]

Quote:
    Derek Fisher speaks as players told by Coaching Staff to curtail external chatter

In place of practice, Lakers coach Mike Brown scheduled a film review at the team hotel and invited players and his coaching staff to speak their minds.

When no player volunteered to speak up, Brown said he requested that "my three leaders" share their thoughts; first Pau Gasol, then Derek Fisher and finally Kobe Bryant.

Fisher, who has a reputation of knowing when to say the right thing at the right time, engaged in the conversation out of respect to the coaching staff who had spoken up.

"When you're trying to continue to have a culture of excellence and championship success, the commitment and the time that that takes, you become like a family and there are going to be times when the family is just not clicking or it's not getting along," said Fisher. "We've all been there. There are just some cousins at Christmas dinner that we all wish weren't there, but you know, they're part of the family and you got to welcome them and do your thing and you'll see them next Christmas. But, in this business, you got to see them everyday regardless. So, sometimes it's not flowing the way you'd like it to, but we've been pretty good at figuring how to work through those things and we'll continue to do it that way."

[COLOR="Red"]Devin Ebanks (03-20-12)[/COLOR]

Quote:
    Devin Ebanks