Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SidePocket
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: New Jersey Nets Free Agency Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]What sucks for the Nets if they take back salary they already used the amnesty.[/COLOR]
    Yeah. Turkoglu makes over $34M over the next three seasons, while Travis gets $28M over the next four. Not that I'm upset about having Outlol out of here, I just think they were a bit quick on the trigger with this move. Maybe this means they don't see a way D12 gets here before the season starts (which I think seems likely), or they just like Hedo better. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i get it now- howard apparently said on monday, the 12th, that he might be willing to stay. no wonder the magic kept resisting the trade.

dwight, you son of a...

well, all i'm going to say is that son needs to make up his mind. plus four good #1 picks was a hell of a price, anyway. hopefully it will be a deadline trade for a lot less.
    But then on the 14th he said that if they dont trade him, they're gonna lose him in FA next season.

[QUOTE]"Howard has warned the Magic if they don

   

i remember net income or one of the national writers saying that he's changed his mind more than once. that seems to be the problem. all the magic are looking for is a little crack of sunshine through the door, and he apparently keeps giving it to them.

if he had been more hard-ass about the whole situation then they probably would have broken down at some point.

still, isn't anyone scared of the four #1 picks we almost gave up? on top of brook...
    Last edited by gigantes; 12-16-2011 at 06:25 PM.

i remember net income or one of the national writers saying that he's changed his mind more than once. that seems to be the problem. all the magic are looking for is a little crack of sunshine through the door, and he apparently keeps giving it to them.

if he had been more hard-ass about the whole situation then they probably would have broken down at some point.

still, isn't anyone scared of the four #1 picks we almost gave up? on top of brook and wallace that seems pretty insane to me, even for a monster like dwight...
    They were all our picks right?
    If we're really set on becoming a contender for years to come then I dont mind trading away the future for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    They were all our picks right?
    If we're really set on becoming a contender for years to come then I dont mind trading away the future for a couple of years.
    I think they are including Houston's pick too.
    @gigantes. If the Nets get Howard they would be low picks anyway. The Nets can buy picks off of contenders if need be. Not missing out too much imo.

   

Chad Ford reported that the Nets "offered everything they could for Howard: Brook Lopez + FIVE 1st Rd picks. Theirs in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 + Rockets 2011 pick."
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/12/14/...rade-talks-end

re: 'no big deal about giving up the picks',
    yea, i guess. i've seen so many times in sports these deals backfiring horribly that it does make me wonder. oh well. no pain, no big daddy kane.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/12/14/...rade-talks-end

re: 'no big deal about giving up the picks',
    yea, i guess. i've seen so many times in sports these deals backfiring horribly that it does make me wonder. oh well. no pain, no big daddy kane.
    No I agree. But we need to make a move now imo. I dont want to be one of those teams that are stuck in rebuilding for like 6+ years because they cant get anything in the draft.

And I feel like this deal is a lot better then the one we offered for Melo. If I remember correctly, everyone on this board was half and half because that deal would basically just leave us with Melo and Brook AND cripple our future.