Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: [VIDEO] - Footage of Jerry West

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    nice vid next time can u put it on normal speed?
    Sure thing, back in the 60s the atmosphere was as thick as molassess and the earth had moon gravity - gotta make sure people are still aware of that

Local High School Star

He was a modern player for his time but in this modern era he would not be able to score like he did. Imagine Ibaka in that era. Imagine lebron in that era. Ehh you know what that wouldn't be fair.

great video.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
    He was a modern player for his time but in this modern era he would not be able to score like he did. Imagine Ibaka in that era. Imagine lebron in that era. Ehh you know what that wouldn't be fair.

great video.
    Thanks for liking the vid, but it sounds like you dont actually know how good or bad any players were from that era, I pan through hours of footage and I can assure you a guy like Ibaka as both a physical specimen and overall talent is nothing special even compared to the joe blow bigmen of the 60s youve never heard of. Lebron of course would be dominate in any era but dont assume the talent of that era is weak just because its repeated like a broken record. Part of the reason im making vids like this and doing the research about the players is to dispell a lot of the myths about that era. I think most NBA fans confuse what 60s ball was like with what actually would best describe 40s ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4seN0mugh1k
    see my 60s dunk mix for example...
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 07-09-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park Suckafree's Avatar

Lol'd hard at the D @ :20

Quote Originally Posted by Suckafree
    Lol'd hard at the D @ :20

U mean the all star game clip? Because allstar games of todays era are played with far superior defensive effort

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Help defense was egregious back then. I could average 50 if I just beat my man.

Terrific job though OP

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Help defense was egregious back then. I could average 50 if I just beat my man.

Terrific job though OP
    I wonder if West would score 50 a game today due to going to the line every time one of todays help-defenders batts an eyelash at him

Any era's rules or style of play can be criticised through a 1 sided glass. The era today is not exempt from the same such nitpicking. The truth is all of the eras have had similar scoring production by their stars accross the board (save for Wilt) so im pretty sure scoring numbers would remain relatively consistent
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 07-09-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Banned

Help defense was weak back then, but I'd also say that was true of the 80's. The way the game has changed since the 60s has mostly been in terms of the way the team works together. Better flowing offense, and more knowledgeable team defenses. At least, that was I take away from watching most older games. Most of that change happened in the late 80s and early 90s though, and the defenses continued to develop until a few years ago.

College superstar

west would have excelled in today's league. look at the video. he's scoring over athletic black guys for chrissakes.

****ing sick! shyt is sick bro

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    I'll consider it, right now I'm doing the big-5 (Oscar, West, Baylor, Russell, Wilt) and I'll be saving who I've felt is the most mind blowing for last. Bill Russell is underrated as f*ck... the collection of that dude's footage IMHO is flat out nasty.
    Can't wait to see the Russell video.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    west would have excelled in today's league. look at the video. he's scoring over athletic black guys for chrissakes.
    His game transcends time.
    Last edited by G-Funk; 07-10-2012 at 02:28 AM.

That pull up jumber is so sick!

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan

great video.
    players like Nash and Gino can play in todays era, West would not have a problem
    Last edited by G-Funk; 07-10-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Give us some Mikan highlights. You know, the guy who's better than Wilt ever was.

Local High School Star

Amazing video. This is why I have West at #2 on my SG list just to Jordan. I often wonder to make an article on why West should be higher than just another top 10 guy at best, because he was super good in everything he did on the court.

I like the video a lot. I've been reading through old newspaper articles in which there're a ton of reports of West with 10+ steals in them. Quite outstanding for a player of his caliber. I share all of your videos on other forum, because they're just too good.

Is Baylor next or Russell?