Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Bullet point what's wrong with the Nets

-Team doesn't seem to be meshing very well
-Vince has been very off, his scoring is the highest of his career, but past few games he seems to be fading out to the 3 point arc too much.
-RJ is injured and has been trying to play through it, hasn't been working
-Another big problem has been us closing out games, few games this year we've been up in the 4th and lost.
-And finally the big one...we lead the lead in Defensive 3 second violations by about 380.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

the last one really gets to me.

all of the errors come mainly on Krstic. he seems to have lost focus recently. i mean he isgetting called on travels on those pivot feet spin move as well.

i mean, obviously they should have addressed this in practice and Krstic is not a dumb player. he must not be 100% focused right now.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #3
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

Collins get almost as many as Krstic does, at it seems that way to me.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #4
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
-
-And finally the big one...we lead the lead in Defensive 3 second violations by about 380.
I'm glad somone brought that up. I was thinking about that last game. Too many 3 sec violations!
There is also the frustrations of players not playing to their potential at this point in their career.
-R.J. and Kristic were supposed to be big for us this year. Especialy R.J. (Now I know he is injured) but homeboy whines too much during the games. I'm sick of that (don't tell me you avid Nets fans have not noticed). He makes a lot of bad passes for someone who has been so consistant. If the ankles are not 100% just sit out a few weeks. He is not in the flow. This was supposed to be the season he hit his whine- I mean Prime.
Kristic is not as dominant as he use to be. That's right, I used the word dominant. Last year he was using centers inside and out. He almost never missed a jumper. It seemed like every time we needed a point late in the game last year he would pop out for that 15-20 footer from the baseline. I don't know what happened to that shot. He also was a force inside. I personally think the refs do not give him enough respect with foul calls. He gets hacked a lot without getting the call. Like someone said earlier: He is not focused.
I don't know if V.C. is already tired or what? The Net's are more successful when he goes to the hoop and draws fouls. He can not be stopped that way and it forces teams into foul trouble plus he is a good foul shooter. Why does he settle for the three? I don't know.
J-Kidd is doing the best he can. He is gonna make make anyone around him better. I noticed the other night he made a steal in the open court against Detroit. He took it to the hole but was looking for a trailor to drop it to. He ended up drawing the foul. I noticed he kind of looked at his teamates after the play as if to say where you guys at? In the past he would have had Kittles, K-Mart, R.J., ect. following that break to flush one down. Not anymore. This makes me realize that J-Kidd really needs some thoroughbreds on this squad. I'd say Hassan Adams is one of the only candidates for a role like that.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #5
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

If anything I feel that Krstic is more dominant, but most of the time it's in a loss, so it might not stand out as much. He was great in last night's game also, and statistically he's grown every season, including this one.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:07 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

another critical thing is, Jason Kidd is still the master point guard, but he may expect too much of the second unit. on a set play, he expected Hassan Adams to cut out to the three point line rather than go baseline, and then Kidd's pass promptly sails out of bounds when Hassan goes baseline

this has happened in the Toronto game as well. Hassan can't shoot a lick, though I like his hustle and layup/dunk ability.

and Wright needs to finish those layups. he was stopped by the rim on a fastbreak layup attempt.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:32 PM   #7
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

That's pretty good..

It's just frustrating with the team right now. There were so many big hopes for this season but the team just can't play cohesively. One thing I do like, is that if there is feuding in the locker room, it's being kept there and not brought out to the media. No esclation of what could be a minor problem...but enough is enough. If they can't get it, then get move on and go with you know. I'm down if Frank just wants an 8 man rotation and just go with what he knows. Forget about trying to integrate parts that just aren't being consistent.

We're about a 4th into the season and being in the Atlantic is what saving us....for now. Boston seems to have gotten it together now that Al Jefferson is turning into a beast, but...no real bright spots for the Nets...

Whatever Rod thinks is the answer, I hope he pursues it now. As long as it doesn't mean trading Jason, I'm all for it. I'd make everyone else touchable.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

Jason is untouchable. he effectively has the no trade clause. Nets would not backstab him, the man who saved their franchise, like that especailly since Kidd could have left in 2003 and backstabbed the Nets.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I don't want to blow up this team, but whatever is preventing us from just being like last season, it better be resolved or moved soon.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #10
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really hope we get start playing Nets basketball
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:10 PM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

(repeat post from yesterday since it got lost in the shuffle:)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6278504
Quote:
The failure of Nenad Krstic to develop his left hand over the summer.
what do you think about this statement there? you guys see a lot more games than i do so it's hard for me to judge.

one thing i have noticed is that krstic is producing stats akin to last year's (adjusted slightly for the fact that he took the summer off and started a bit slow). that's nice of course, but i was hoping that he would have worked on his skillset and continued to improve this year. does anybody here think that's he's better than last year?

the thing is, the big three were producing so consistently last year that they always had a chance to win. then the blossoming of krstic looked like the emergence of a 4th scoring threat that was simply too much for defenses to cope with, giving the nets a strong advantage most nights.

so what happened with this formula for success? is it broken because RJ has been bothered by these ankle injuries and hasn't been able to match his play from last year?

and i agree about losing the ace little man defender. with house and williams playing such shaky defense it looks like the job falls to kidd, and you can't have him trying to chase these lightning-fast PG's all game long. i really wish the coach would try adams on these guys more often, shifting the point responsibilities to carter or whoever.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: