Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Default The Dark Knight spoiler thread(only for those who have seen the movie)

Yes, yes, I know, another Dark Knight thread. But I figured the people who saw it wanted to talk about their reactions, favorite scenes, etc, without spoiling it for the people who havent seen it yet. So yeah, discuss. First of all I wanna say that this film met my expectations and might be the greatest comic book film of all time. However, I do think it was slightly flawed. I think in some ways the movie actually tried to do too much, with the multiple plot lines and themes. It overdid the whole theme of heroes eventually becoming villains. I need to see this again and take it all in before I can give a final assessment.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about Two-Face dying in the end. On the one hand I would've loved to see him be the central villain in the 3rd movie. On the other hand I think his fate worked in the context of the film, as he was painted as more of a tragic hero than a villain. Still, I felt Nolan could've done a better job giving us a convincing transformation of a man who was a hero to a man who was willing to kill a child. Minor gripes though.

As for the good? Everything else. The action scenes were spectacular, the pacing and tension brilliant. And Ledger's performance was amazing. Just about everything the Joker needs to be, Ledger nailed. Simultaneously hilarious while also being terrifying. You don't know whether to laugh or cringe when you see him on screen. The scene where he cuts the mobster's mouth and tells him the story about his father is one of the most suspenseful scenes I've ever seen. Dont get me started on the pencil trick and Joker's reaction to blowing up the hospital. Just about every scene with Ledger was amazing.

I have a lot more to say lol, but I wanna hear some more reactions first.

Speak To Me Cleanly imjustlikemusiq's Avatar

Default Re: The Dark Knight spoiler thread(only for those who have seen the movie)

Pros:
    The performances: This film was cast brilliantly and it paid off with nearly flawless acting, Christian Bale is the perfect Batman. He has just the right mix of playboy and badass, although I will say that deep voice he does as Batman is a little over the top at times. All of the support players like Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Maggie Gyllenhaal (not as hot, but equally as talented as Katie Holmes) and Michael Oldman added a lot of the depth to the movie with their roles. Aaron Eckhart was quite impressive as usual, he really a very rangey actor, he pulls off a lot of different roles. Great chops. And, of course, Heath Ledger, I was skeptical of the guy at first but man, he blew me away. Absolutely brilliant acting performance, he deserves an oscar regardless of what comes out the rest of the year.

Christopher Nolan: The guy is a sick director, between this movie, Batman Begins, and Memento, he is definitely up there from now on as one of the most talented directors in hollywood. Period. The way he painted Gotham City and the dark undercurrents throughout the movie are absolutley incredible.

Cons:
    Lengthiness: The movie was a little bit drawn out, they could have easily condensed the movie 25 minutes and not have missed a beat, but alas, that is my only criticism of the movie and its minor. I mean hey, I paid $10.25 for a freaking ticket, I just kicked back and enjoyed.

Default Re: The Dark Knight spoiler thread(only for those who have seen the movie)

how do you feel about Two-Face? Do you think he was misused here or are you satisfied with what they did with his character?

Also, Im wondering if Two-Face is dead (I think he is, a lot disagree), most everyone is saying The Riddler will be the next villain. Who should be cast? Johnny Depp is coming to mind.

I don't really have an opinion one way or the next with Two-Faces death, I thought for sure he would live and be the villain in the next film, so it definitely threw me off. I don't know much about Batman, as far the history goes with the comics and everything, so yeah. I don't know, I think him dying was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq
    Also, Im wondering if Two-Face is dead (I think he is, a lot disagree), most everyone is saying The Riddler will be the next villain. Who should be cast? Johnny Depp is coming to mind.
    John Malkovich

Go Spurs Go

Are you sure 2face is dead? I think the movie ended with him alive.

Anyways the movie was incredible. From start to finish.. and it was not too long at all..if anything, with the way every scene was so badass this movie could've went 3-4 hrs if it kept up the momentum.

RIP Heath Ledger

Yeah, now that I think about it I think having him be some sort of fallen hero works better than him just turning into an evil gangster. I also found the ending to be very interesting and morally ambiguous, with Batman taking the blame for everything Two-Face has done, and essentially deceiving the people of Gotham into believing a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    Are you sure 2face is dead? I think the movie ended with him alive.
    I'm pretty sure he's dead since they had the funeral service at the end. But then again, with Gordon faking his death, you never know. Personally though, I feel like Nolan's done everything he wanted to do with the character.

i would welcome a johnny depp riddler

What do you guys think of the political undertones throughout the movie?

"We won't give into these terrorist demands"

When batman set up the cell phone network and argued with morgan freeman that it was necessary for protecting the city, morgan asked him "at what cost?" which I thought was a clear reference to the patriot act.

There were others but I'm still letting it all sink in, I definitely have to see this movie again.

"And now, I'm going to do a magic trick..."

*Stick pencil in table*

*SLAM!*

"Ooh look, it's gone!"

I loved that part, I don't think I quoted it correctly but that was the general gist.

I didn't feel the movie was that long though, I thought it had ended when Gordon revealed that he had faked his own death and the Joker was in prison but damn the Joker is one smart guy. He lies through his teeth though, that nonsense about him not planning anything, he was the one who planned hte ferry bombs, oil drum bombs, the bomb inside the fat man, and purposely sent Batman the wrong way.

RIP Ledger.

Decent college freshman tian820's Avatar

I thought with Two-Face, killing him off made this movie the best it could be, which is better for THIS movie. Me and my buddies immediately brought that up last night after seeing it and even though Two-Face would have made a great central villain for the next one, him dying in this one made the movie that much better with the conclusion it had.

For the next one though, they didn't even hint at what they were going to do/what direction... If it's Johnny Depp or Malkovich, wow... I don't think I'll be able to wait for that either...

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by blasian
    John Malkovich
    That would be great. I also wouldn't mind Depp being cast for the role. Either guy would make it remarkable.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by tian820
    I thought with Two-Face, killing him off made this movie the best it could be, which is better for THIS movie. Me and my buddies immediately brought that up last night after seeing it and even though Two-Face would have made a great central villain for the next one, him dying in this one made the movie that much better with the conclusion it had.

For the next one though, they didn't even hint at what they were going to do/what direction... If it's Johnny Depp or Malkovich, wow... I don't think I'll be able to wait for that either...
    it was prob. going to be The Joker getting out somehow and continuing the war. Didn't you hear him at the end. He said he would never kill batman because he has to much fun and all that stuff.