Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Rudy Fernandez offered monster 6 year/$26 million contract by Real Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    he wont be getting charged most of those taxes in Texas. We have no state income tax.
    Basketball players pay state tax. It is in the US law code. Whether they play in Texas or not. Therefore, he would pay at least several percentage points regardless. Which is exactly what I said.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-06-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Default Re: Rudy Fernandez offered monster 6 year/$26 million contract by Real Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    So people in Europe don't pay taxes?
    Reading comprehension 101. Try learning it some time please.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming121
    I believe salaries in europe are not guaranteed right ? That might explain why Rudy decided so quickly not to play in Europe.
    Some of them are, some of them are not. It is totally up to the clubs to offer them or not. Every single large contract that I know of in Europe though, is guaranteed. Which to me is very stupid.

One of the main reasons why the Euroleague stays competitive is by not guaranteeing some of their contracts. The dumbest thing the NBA does is having them all guaranteed.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-06-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Maybe he wants to play against great players and real competition. A league that has Trajon Langdon isn't exactly competition lol.

No one wants to play in the Euro league, it is where players that can't be stars in the NBA go. Or guys like Langdon that can't even play in the NBA go.

The real stars of Europe, guys like Nowitzki, Gasol, Parker, etc...the guys with actual talent, those guys are in the NBA.

The Euroleague is for the children, the guys that can't hang with the men in the NBA.
    Langdon was a rotation player on an NBA playoff team. He turned down several NBA contract offers in his career. He is also retired.

It is incorrect and wrong to say that he "could not play in the NBA" and that he is in the Euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Langdon was a rotation player on an NBA playoff team. He turned down several NBA contract offers in his career. He is also retired.

It is incorrect and wrong to say that he "could not play in the NBA" and that he is in the Euroleague.
    Trajan Langdon was garbage in the NBA. He was a rotation player on a totally crappy team that happened to make the playoffs. Do you think all of us never watched any NBA basketball? You constantly overstate players contributions in the NBA who were in the Euroleague. State facts.