Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I love this game so much. It's really an incredible and detailed universe that you get to explore in these games. I honestly just spent about an hour going around the Normandy talking to everyone and looking at everything the first chance I got.

I'm really enjoying the "It's good to see you" moments with all your previous allies even going back to the first game.

Wait until the war is getting near the end and you're giving speeches and saying things like they are going to be your last words. Prepare to get a little wet under the eyes. Did you and Garrus have the talk yet? I won't give details go avoid spoiling but there are a couple really touching moments with Garrus.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Wait until the war is getting near the end and you're giving speeches and saying things like they are going to be your last words. Prepare to get a little wet under the eyes. Did you and Garrus have the talk yet? I won't give details go avoid spoiling but there are a couple really touching moments with Garrus.
    I'm still not far. I'm just doing Turian/Krogan stuff at the moment.

Things I like about the game:
    - The setting, characters and dialogue. These are among the best I've seen in Sci-Fi for any medium, not just a game. The Normandy is so detailed and fun to explore. I loved how in Engineering I heard the "squeak" and saw my space hamster scurrying around until I caught him.

- At least for the ones I've met so far, I like how they've given some of the ME2 characters their moments. The evolution of one in particular on the ship with the students was nice to see. I also like that they aren't all options to be teammates. I prefer the smaller core cast.

- Variety of settings. The missions themselves are very linear for the most part but I like not having to go to "generic cave/compound" most of the time.

- The combat is much MUCH better than ME2. I'm playing it on the "Hardcore" difficulty and I love how I have to think a bit now. You have enemies that will try to flank you occasionally, you MUST keep an eye out for grenades and it's incredibly hard to get by just with weapons. You need to use your biotic and tech skills effectively.

Things that could be better:
    - Obtaining side quests merely through eavesdropping on conversations? Meh. Seems kinda lazy and detached.

- There is a bit of a lack of urgency to the quest at the moment at least. Earth is getting hammered hard while I'm flying around systems scanning planets for war assets. I can't really see how this could have been done differently though. You can't put a time limit in an RPG. It does take away a bit of the immersion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I'm still not far. I'm just doing Turian/Krogan stuff at the moment.

Things I like about the game:
    - The setting, characters and dialogue. These are among the best I've seen in Sci-Fi for any medium, not just a game. The Normandy is so detailed and fun to explore. I loved how in Engineering I heard the "squeak" and saw my space hamster scurrying around until I caught him.

- At least for the ones I've met so far, I like how they've given some of the ME2 characters their moments. The evolution of one in particular on the ship with the students was nice to see. I also like that they aren't all options to be teammates. I prefer the smaller core cast.

- Variety of settings. The missions themselves are very linear for the most part but I like not having to go to "generic cave/compound" most of the time.

- The combat is much MUCH better than ME2. I'm playing it on the "Hardcore" difficulty and I love how I have to think a bit now. You have enemies that will try to flank you occasionally, you MUST keep an eye out for grenades and it's incredibly hard to get by just with weapons. You need to use your biotic and tech skills effectively.

Things that could be better:
    - Obtaining side quests merely through eavesdropping on conversations? Meh. Seems kinda lazy and detached.

- There is a bit of a lack of urgency to the quest at the moment at least. Earth is getting hammered hard while I'm flying around systems scanning planets for war assets. I can't really see how this could have been done differently though. You can't put a time limit in an RPG. It does take away a bit of the immersion though.
    Agree 100 percent and these are the same points reviewers have given. My favorite of the series for sure. I agree all the stupid fetch.. side quests just by walking by somebody are ANNOYING.

so did you hit or miss on purpose when hanging out with garrus at the cidatel?

What squad are you guys going with most of the time?

I started with liara being in every mission and alternating between Garrus and ED.Sometimes i would use javik,i hate vega so i dont use him.

Since i just started the geth stuff im using EDI and Tali.I wanted to hear EDI response to the geth.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Garrus and Liara. They're my favourite teammates character-wise and it's a good fit since I'm a vanguard.

In ME2 I always used Garrus and Tali. I like the original ME1 characters the most.

Banned

I'm a commando soldier, so weapons wise I can adapt to pretty much any enemy. As far as squadmates I use, of course it varies depending on the mission, but I find myself taking Garrus along quite a bit (which is ironic because I use to hardly every use him in ME2). I love his proximity mine ability and his overload is very useful since right now I have cryo ammo maxed out instead of disrupter. My second squadmate varies a lot. If I'm dealing with geth, I take either Tali (Energy Drain) or EDI (Overload). But for the run-of-the-mill missions I'll just take James. I hardly every use Liara.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    What squad are you guys going with most of the time?

I started with liara being in every mission and alternating between Garrus and ED.Sometimes i would use javik,i hate vega so i dont use him.

Since i just started the geth stuff im using EDI and Tali.I wanted to hear EDI response to the geth.

Prothean and EDI. EDI is a must have for her tech, knowledge and clone power.

Starting a Renegade Mass Effect 2 file to transfer. I made mistakes on other file that took away some of experience such as no Tali loyalty going into part 3. So much work!

Banned

I didn't wanna do it, but I broke Miranda's hart. When I told her that things couldn't be the way they used to between us, she just turned around and

I felt bad but I had to do it. I'm deciding to get back with Ashley...for more reasons than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I didn't wanna do it, but I broke Miranda's hart. When I told her that things couldn't be the way they used to between us, she just turned around and

I felt bad but I had to do it. I'm deciding to get back with Ashley...for more reasons than one.
    On this file I'm doing Liara plus Miranda. So when I transfer I can decide on who I want.

Banned

On this file I'm doing Liara plus Miranda. So when I transfer I can decide on who I want.
    On my other file that I started I accidentally romanced Liara too Idk it just seems more fitting that I be a soldier and be involved with Ashley. When I import my Adept I may choose Liara instead.

It's funny how the whole reason I started over was because I wanted to romance a different chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    On my other file that I started I accidentally romanced Liara too Idk it just seems more fitting that I be a soldier and be involved with Ashley. When I import my Adept I may choose Liara instead.

It's funny how the whole reason I started over was because I wanted to romance a different chick.

Haha this time im going to bang Samantha Traynor the helmswoman too. Gonna be a renegade manwhore. Liara is my main bit#h though. I'm trying adept or Engineer. Though Vangaurd was fun as shit. The turrets are powerful as shit. Most likely gonna go engineer.

Banned

I may do that too. Just try to smash every chick on the ship. If I weren't saving myself for Ashley I would definitely smash Diana.

Speaking of which, the stuff with Joker and EDI had me crying out of laughter. Joker is probably my favorite character now.

Faced with a tough decision spoiler in white

[COLOR="White"] Legion:"Does this unit have a soul?"
    AHHHHH!!!! I want the geth to help me but to make them smarter and maybe kill off the quarians and my love Tali.Im hopeing the soul part makes them not want to kill the quarians.Im gonna go ahead and let them upload the code see how it goes.

edit-AHHH he just said he regrets the deaths of the creators and this stupid who wants to be a millionare music is pissing me off. [/COLOR]
    Last edited by Brujesino; 03-10-2012 at 10:14 PM.