Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Dan Gilbert's open letter to Cavs fans

Quote Originally Posted by chopchop20

Wow... so classy and courageous to inform your team that you're not coming back on television -- thousands miles away in Greenwich, CT no-less
    ...and in front of millions... while being completely stone-faced when discussing how we were lucky to have his 'talents' for seven years.

This whole thing has made me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I personally don't want to crucify him for anything. If you want to know my feelings on the matter just read the "Dear Cleveland Cavaliers Fans" thread in the Cleveland Cavaliers forum that I created. But I do feel he backed out of his word, which just tarnishes his image in my eyes for me personally.
    OK, so according to your viewpoint, how much of Lebron's career does he owe to the cavs? Three more years? Five? The rest of his career? He could waste away there on mediocre supporting casts forever.

The point is, he doesn't owe them anything. He's given them more than enough. He was a free agent, and that crappy town doesn't OWN him at all. So tell me: how much more would he have to give for it to be enough?

This is hands down going to be the ugliest breakup in team sports history. I feel sorry for Cleveland fans.

I can't blame Lebron for leaving, but he shouldn't have put us all through this media/publicity charade.

Quote Originally Posted by chopchop20

Wow... so classy and courageous to inform your team that you're not coming back on television -- thousands miles away in Greenwich, CT no-less
    Compared to avoiding the press altogether, or reading a statement like in court, yeah that's miles better.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hotshoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    ...and in front of millions... while being completely stone-faced when discussing how we were lucky to have his 'talents' for seven years.

Yes you were lucky to have Lebron he did not pull Eli and refuse to play for a crappy franchise when he was selected in the draft.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Oh. So people are mad because you think Lebron owed them...I dunno, a parting gift or something.

Oh.. There is more coming out.

Gilbert just released another statement saying that we are now saying the REAL LeBron James and that he has been coddled and given cover for too long.

He also said that LeBron 'quit' during the second round against the Celtics.

My goodness... This is insane.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-09-2010 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    OK, so according to your viewpoint, how much of Lebron's career does he owe to the cavs?
    You are focusing on the fact that he left. That is only a relatively small part of what has Cleveland fans and Gilbert so enraged. It was the way in which this was done.

Callous, self-centered, pompous... Whatever negative word you want to describe how he has handled the last two weeks, it probably applies.

owwwww

The "disloyalty" came when Lebron checked out in the Celtic series because he was dreaming of pairing up with Wade and Bosh. His bizarre play in the second half of the series makes a lot more sense now. The only way he could leave Cleveland was if they lost and looks like he may have thrown the series.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Compared to avoiding the press altogether, or reading a statement like in court, yeah that's miles better.
    Avoid the Press??? ARE YOU SERIOUS? His actions created this media merry-go-round.

And AGAIN, any half way decent person would have least called management and ownership along with his teammates to let them know. Making them watch it on TV is as low as it gets in terms of cowardice. Why couldn't he face the team in Cleveland?

Local High School Star

Yeah... kinda get the feeling that he has an "it's all about me attitude"

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

LeBron talked to the Heat owner to let him know he's coming but not Gilbert to let him know he's leaving even though he Gilbert paid 15 mill in luxury tax while the Heat owner been tanking for three years. And oh yea, LeBron took less money and a lesser role in doing so.

Now that folks, is classless.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Scathing Letter from Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert

I have to wonder if those LeBron's Mom/Delonte rumors were true though. lol.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    The "disloyalty" came when Lebron checked out in the Celtic series because he was dreaming of pairing up with Wade and Bosh. His bizarre play in the second half of the series makes a lot more sense now. The only way he could leave Cleveland was if they lost and looks like he may have thrown the series.
    People single him out for that game, but anyone who watched it knows that the entire team wasn't playing at the Celtics' level.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hotshoot's Avatar

Oh.. There is more coming out.

Gilbert just released another statement saying that we are now saying the REAL LeBron James and that he has been coddled and given cover to for too long.

He also said that LeBron 'quit' during the second round against the Celtics.

My goodness... This is insane.
    Gilbert is just mad that his team value plunged by 50% once Lebron left (according to Forbes) know the franchise is value the same as Bobcats and Bucks. Should have sold the team off last year

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/32/...ons_Value.html