Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Embiid might miss the entire 2015-2016 season

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    It kind of is. The whole point is to get enough top picks so that even if you miss on a guy you'll still have a great young core.

Drafting is some skill and a lot of luck. The sixers knew this.
    he might not have his job long enough to do this

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    he might not have his job long enough to do this
    I'm not sure that you know what you're talking about. Maybe it's because you don't live around here and you don't have access to what's happening with the sixers or maybe it's just because you want to look cute and stir up shit on a message board. Either way, I'll try and explain it a little better for you.

Hinkie is not in jeopardy of losing his job, not in any way. Embiid fell to them and at that point you have to take him. They were well aware of the risk but thought that the possible reward was worth the risk. He has the potential to be one of the best players in recent years and that was too great to pass up. If you have heard Hinkie or Scott O'Neill speak about this, they know that there's always a chance that things aren't going to go the way you hope them to go. They have both repeatedly said that although they try and make drafting a science, that there will be mistakes and injuries and guys won't pan out. They have said that it's impossible to be right all of the time. When Hinkie was hired he was hired for the long haul as was Bret Brown.

In addition, my friend plays basketball with Scott O'Neill several times a week and is friends with him. He couldn't be happier with what Hinkie has done. These guys are young smart guys and realize that they are taking calculated risks and know that they can go bad at any time.

Everyone around here wants to try and be cute and bitch about trading MCW or tanking or whatever. Philly is going to keep on doing what they are doing in spite of people who want to grandstand and be blowhards about their plan. Anyone who thinks that they should have kept MCW is a fool Until he was traded, MCW was so maligned and slagged on this board it was pathetic. The moment he was traded he became the best PG in the league. It's just foolish. When you have a franchise that was run as poorly as the Sixers had been run for the last decade, it takes balls and a lot a patience to undo all the mess that this regime inherited from the previous one.

how many picks do philly have this year`?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I'm not sure that you know what you're talking about. Maybe it's because you don't live around here and you don't have access to what's happening with the sixers or maybe it's just because you want to look cute and stir up shit on a message board. Either way, I'll try and explain it a little better for you.

Hinkie is not in jeopardy of losing his job, not in any way. Embiid fell to them and at that point you have to take him. They were well aware of the risk but thought that the possible reward was worth the risk. He has the potential to be one of the best players in recent years and that was too great to pass up. If you have heard Hinkie or Scott O'Neill speak about this, they know that there's always a chance that things aren't going to go the way you hope them to go. They have both repeatedly said that although they try and make drafting a science, that there will be mistakes and injuries and guys won't pan out. They have said that it's impossible to be right all of the time. When Hinkie was hired he was hired for the long haul as was Bret Brown.

In addition, my friend plays basketball with Scott O'Neill several times a week and is friends with him. He couldn't be happier with what Hinkie has done. These guys are young smart guys and realize that they are taking calculated risks and know that they can go bad at any time.

Everyone around here wants to try and be cute and bitch about trading MCW or tanking or whatever. Philly is going to keep on doing what they are doing in spite of people who want to grandstand and be blowhards about their plan. Anyone who thinks that they should have kept MCW is a fool Until he was traded, MCW was so maligned and slagged on this board it was pathetic. The moment he was traded he became the best PG in the league. It's just foolish. When you have a franchise that was run as poorly as the Sixers had been run for the last decade, it takes balls and a lot a patience to undo all the mess that this regime inherited from the previous one.
    ok that's cool
    u can keep acting like hinkie has really great job security and all but who has he gotten now that is nba starter caliber? noel? so one player? all it takes is 2 or 3 things to go wrong and he's going to be on the hotseat. you can believe all you want that intentionally losing a lot of games for multiple seasons is good but the majority of fans don't think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder

How many years of this fucking tanking bullshit can you stand?

How are you ever going to be a good team by just drafting guys and continuing to tank? All you'll do is instill a culture of losing into impressionable players some of who are in need of good coaching to develop in these early years. I hope guys continue to leave Philly and play well elsewhere because tanking for 3+ years straight, lmao, **** that shit. Putting out a terrible product to stockpile top draft picks is even worse than what people have shat on LeBron for doing. I hope LeBron frontruns to the best team in the East every year for the next decade and shuts down Philly repeatedly (if they ever even become close to playoff bound) .
    Last edited by oarabbus; 06-16-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

How are you ever going to be a good team by just drafting guys and continuing to tank? All you'll do is instill a culture of losing into impressionable players some of who are in need of good coaching to develop in these early years. I hope guys continue to leave Philly and play well elsewhere because tanking for 3+ years straight, lmao, **** that shit. Putting out a terrible product to stockpile top draft picks is even worse than what people have shat on LeBron for doing. I hope LeBron frontruns to the best team in the East every year for the next decade and shuts down Philly repeatedly (if they ever even become close to playoff bound) .
    i just don't see why people say Hinkie's plan has been successful so far. he doesn't really have much. this draft is pretty big for them.

dude's Greg Oden on steroids

this is why I've never trusted a big man with leg issues, especially the injury that he has. One of my favorite College players of all-time, really sucks that we'll never see him play healthy in the league.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

Who's played better elsewhere? MCW? Are you kidding me? Please tell me how great a player MCW is. KJ McDaniels? Nope. He literally almost never even played in Houston. Jrue Holiday? No again.

You know nothing of the culture of the team. My friend played for their summer league team and loved it. He loved the coaching staff and so did the other players and in spite of what people like you continue to insist, there is no "culture of losing" there.

The product that existed before was terrible too. Iggy as your number one guy along with Jrue Holiday was awful to watch. I'd rather see three more seasons of this than eight seasons of 7-8 seed or barely missing the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    dude's Greg Oden on steroids

this is why I've never trusted a big man with leg issues, especially the injury that he has. One of my favorite College players of all-time, really sucks that we'll never see him play healthy in the league.
    Who had a better career in college and who had more potential/hype going into the NBA?

greg oden 2.0...great drafting there sixers

It's so funny how much 6ers fans are brainwashed into accepting the tank job. It's yielded nothing but Nerlens Noel so far and there's no end in sight.

Just the weirdest fan culture now where they root for losing and refuse to confront the fact that the tank hasn't yet produced anything resembling a good core to move forward with.

Doubt this will change the gameplan for next season. Going to tank with or without him.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    It's so funny how much 6ers fans are brainwashed into accepting the tank job. It's yielded nothing but Nerlens Noel so far and there's no end in sight.

Just the weirdest fan culture now where they root for losing and refuse to confront the fact that the tank hasn't yet produced anything resembling a good core to move forward with.

They have the 3rd pick and a chance to draft a superstar PG

First question to the non sixers fans in this thread. How many losing seasons did the sixers have prior to iverson being drafted (his rookie season we had a losing record)? Tally up the seasons and if you're bright and not many are. Include what draft picks in each of those seasons.

Then when you report back to me. Ask yourself why do think this fan base can't handle 2 19 win seasons and a 3rd losing season (next year). By all means utilize Google and take your time. Jesus Christ u dudes are annoying.

Lakers fans laughing and your rookie missed the entire season and your team is picking 2nd in the draft. I knew I know ur gonna sign Marc gasol, Kevin Love, rondo who will not be a coach killer and Kobe will be back from injury as the bionic man. Look out West, playoffs are on the horizon next season....or nah.

As far as Embiid where did the sixers announce he will miss the entire season? Oh the "reports"? Same reports that said he was 300lbs and that was false. Same reports that think they know who hinkie will draft but fact remains no one ever knows. But hey run with him missing the entire season before actually having the franchise announce embiid future next season.

Last there isn't a prospect that went after Embiid that I'm kicking myself over. If he happens to be an often injured player? Fine, sucks but not the end of the world nor am I mad at the pick. It was still the right pick. Draft is rolling the dice. It's almost as if you idiots thought the sixers even with a healthy embiid were NOT going to be lottery bound this time next year in 2016. Hilarious yet sad. Maybe you need to reread Hinkies plan to have an idea. Whether u agree with it or not. At least it will stop with these stupid ass posts like

"Omg u are ok with another losing season next year?"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    First question to the non sixers fans in this thread. How many losing seasons did the sixers have prior to iverson being drafted (his rookie season we had a losing record)? Tally up the seasons and if you're bright and not many are. Include what draft picks in each of those seasons.

Then when you report back to me. Ask yourself why do think this fan base can't handle 2 19 win seasons and a 3rd losing season (next year). By all means utilize Google and take your time. Jesus Christ u dudes are annoying.

Lakers fans laughing and your rookie missed the entire season and your team is picking 2nd in the draft. I knew I know ur gonna sign Marc gasol, Kevin Love, rondo who will not be a coach killer and Kobe will be back from injury as the bionic man. Look out West, playoffs are on the horizon next season....or nah.

As far as Embiid where did the sixers announce he will miss the entire season? Oh the "reports"? Same reports that said he was 300lbs and that was false. Same reports that think they know who hinkie will draft but fact remains no one ever knows. But hey run with him missing the entire season before actually having the franchise announce embiid future next season.

Last there isn't a prospect that went after Embiid that I'm kicking myself over. If he happens to be an often injured player? Fine, sucks but not the end of the world nor am I mad at the pick. It was still the right pick. Draft is rolling the dice. It's almost as if you idiots thought the sixers even with a healthy embiid were NOT going to be lottery bound this time next year in 2016. Hilarious yet sad. Maybe you need to reread Hinkies plan to have an idea. Whether u agree with it or not. At least it will stop with these stupid ass posts like

"Omg u are ok with another losing season next year?"

http://grantland.com/features/how-an...60-easy-steps/