Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Prince was available to lots of teams. you are second guessing draft picks. a worthless waste of time. your team is on the right path and you are still *****ing. winning is not your god given right. get over it.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    Prince was available to lots of teams. you are second guessing draft picks. a worthless waste of time. your team is on the right path and you are still *****ing. winning is not your god given right. get over it.
    maybe laker fans aren't 'right' to b!tch and moan, but if you think that rush was a better choice than what was available, than that's your take.

note i wasn't b!tching about last year's or this years' choices he made.

you can go and worry about the mavs now. they didn't have the cuban er, God given right to win the dam title this year.

har har. the Mavs lost b.c they couldnt shoot. plain and simple. i knew all year it could be a problem. i was always blown away when announcers would call them a jumpshooting team when they have but 3 guys (and KVH had a broken hand so two) that could even shoot them.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy13
    ^^Especially since Barbosa is 1st team All-defense team, right? Mitch has not made a single move without the input thoughts and approval of the owner and the coach so to blame him alone for not trading for KG, Artest, or drafting Prince, Arenas..... is just wrong.
    Kupchak is the fall guy. Of course not every decision is solely his, but that's the way it works. The fact remains that, aside from perhaps Bynum, the Lakers have not had a successful draft since Kupchak took over.

most teams dont have good drafts. they should just call the whole thing the lottery

im sorry but some of you Lakers fans are flat stupid. you need to understand that it was impossible to get equal value for Shaq and that part of rebuilding is not being as good as you were before. some of you sound like pissant whiney Yankees fans. thats a very bad thing.

My whole point...if West was still here Shaq would of never left and him and Kobe would still be playing together.

no they wouldnt. niether of their egos would have allowed it. had Shaq stayed i bet you anything Kobe would have gone to the Clippers just to try and become king of LA.

no they wouldnt. niether of their egos would have allowed it. had Shaq stayed i bet you anything Kobe would have gone to the Clippers just to try and become king of LA.
    Nope....

They both respected West. They still would be playing today.

this is where you underestimate west.

the tragedy was that buss did too.

Quote Originally Posted by jan803
    this is where you underestimate west.

the tragedy was that buss did too.
    Kobe always listen to West...West got him to tone down his game and play with Shaq...results the Lakers go 15-1 in the playoffs.

Shaq always listens to....and if Shaq respects you he will do the right thing and swallow his pride like he did when Russell talk to him. West is respected by Shaq the same way.

i highly doubt even West could have kept the two together. but thats me. ever the pessimistic optimist.

A lot of the draft choices he gets flak for can be blamed on PJ. eg. Rush and Cook.
    Barbarosa and Prince, a lot of teams passed on them.
    What about manu and parker, wasn't JW with us when they were drafted in R2?
    People don't realize that when we bash mitch, a lot of his "moves" were dictated by other people. Shaq trade (Dr. Buss, though mitch should've demanded more of Riles).
    I'm not saying mitch is JW reincarnate but he's not as bad as we make him to be.

i highly doubt even West could have kept the two together. but thats me. ever the pessimistic optimist.
    he 'retired' in 2002. we'll never know what would have been if he was around especially in the summer of 2003. but that influence would have been there and it's would have certainly been more of an impact that kuchak's and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    A lot of the draft choices he gets flak for can be blamed on PJ. eg. Rush and Cook.
    Barbarosa and Prince, a lot of teams passed on them.
    What about manu and parker, wasn't JW with us when they were drafted in R2?
    People don't realize that when we bash mitch, a lot of his "moves" were dictated by other people. Shaq trade (Dr. Buss, though mitch should've demanded more of Riles).
    I'm not saying mitch is JW reincarnate but he's not as bad as we make him to be.
    you're right. west made mistakes too.

but when you find a nicky, 37th???

get a kobe at 13...

the deal of the century getting shaq...you can miss a couple here and there.

west was a hard act to follow...it's usually the case for anyone. but we deal w/the here and now and NOW we want results. it's why fans can be so harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by jan803
    you're right. west made mistakes too.

but when you find a nicky, 37th???

get a kobe at 13...

the deal of the century getting shaq...you can miss a couple here and there.

west was a hard act to follow...it's usually the case for anyone. but we deal w/the here and now and NOW we want results. it's why fans can be so harsh.
    no doubt JW is a hard act to follow, ad I wish Dr.Buss had kept him, but it came down to him and Phil, guess the good doctor's duaghter won that round.

Then again choosing between two legends is not that easy either.

Anyway Mitch is a competent GM. I can't imagine anyone describing him as anything else. He's not JW but he's adequate for now, till someone better comes along atleast.