Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 02-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
bigdog13
High School JV MVP

bigdog13 has not been impressing people
Default Trade Deadline Assessment

ESPN
Bill Simmons

WASHINGTON: F-plus
The Wizards have an MVP candidate and a likable team in a crappy conference, but with a catch: their two centers (Etan Thomas and Brendan Haywood) despise one another and fought three times in the past two seasons. Most teams would proactively try to move one of them -- for instance, they could have offered Haywood, Jarvis Hayes' expiring deal and their No. 1 for Jamaal Magliore and Portland's No. 2 -- but since this is the NBA, and nothing makes sense, the Wiz chose to stand pat. I asked my buddy House (a Wizards fan) about this and we had the following exchange:

House: "They like Thomas and Haywood together because they play 42 minutes a game combined and give them a 12-11 every night. ... They didn't want to mess that up."

Me: "Wait, they were worried that their production would drop from a position that was giving them a 12-11 every night?"

House (after a pause): "Whaddya want from me? I didn't say it made sense."
bigdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:59 PM   #2
Skins2dagrave
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Skins2dagrave has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trade Deadline Assessment

totally agree with you...there's a point where keeping a team together is good, but when you have the worst Centers in the league, it is bull****. Magloire is easily an upgrade from Brenda Haywood and Etan hippy Thomas. although i beleive Ernie Grunfield is a great GM, its hard working with arguably the cheapest owner in the NBA
Skins2dagrave is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: