Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 04-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #16
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official CatCast: Bobcats @ Celtics, 4/1, 7:30 PM EST, TD Banknorth Garden

Choke job, pathetic.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #17
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Official CatCast: Bobcats @ Celtics, 4/1, 7:30 PM EST, TD Banknorth Garden

absolute heartbreaker
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #18
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I HATE Ray Allen!
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #19
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

I just don't understand. This has become such a well coached team but when the game is on the line, they completely went away from the game plan and just started chucking mid-range jumpers. Most nights, those shots might fall, but not in the 2nd game in back-to-back days. No, it didn't help that the refs weren't giving us any calls when we did try to take it to the hoop but still... Absolutely pathetic.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #20
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Free throw attempts were 26-7?

Charlotte gets 7 free throw attempts in a double OT game?

Refs are sad, and pathetic and may have cost us a playoff spot.

I am angry.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:51 AM   #21
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Free throw attempts were 26-7?

Charlotte gets 7 free throw attempts in a double OT game?

Refs are sad, and pathetic and may have cost us a playoff spot.

I am angry.

All professional sports ref are usually notorious for their bias in foul determining... However, don't remember the Cats are on the road, the home team will receive some benefit from the refs, but since this is the fking used-to-be legendary Celtics, refs favour them more than other teams. Yes, I just mentioned the word favour --> favouritism.
This damned favouritism feels like, say a mom has 30 kids (assuming), and five of them get more care, more pocket money, and more of everything. I'm not sure if this is American culture or universal human nature, but Americans seem to like heroism a lot even if it's partially made up.

It feels really bad when certain teams are favoured and they're usually doing really well finacially and don't need much assistance from the NBA head office. This year doesn't have as much focus on some other longtime winners on NBA's official website such as the Spurs and Jazz. Most of what I have seen are either that fking arrogant superstars. They're successful not only because they're more atheletic and skilled but also from refs constant screening. For example, check out the clip on Wade's travelling, you'll be surprised on the degree of bias on refs. They can INGORE those SIMPLE VIOLATIONS and CONVERT THEM INTO A SHOOTING FOUL.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #22
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Even with the horrendous officiating, we should have won this game 3 times. It really shows our lack of a go-to scorer in close games. And as much as I hate it, Allen and House hit some major clutch shots.

As an aside, i thought this was pretty funny in the main forum;
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=126729
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #23
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I think there are some instances where the refs can be blamed for some questionable calls, BUT look at it this way.

We were up by 10 with four minutes to play.

Kendrick Perkins, on more than 2 occasions was called for an offensive foul, something that hardly EVER happens. Also, unless the play-by-play on Yahoo! was wrong, Charlotte committed maybe 2 fouls in both overtimes combined, while the Celtics committed 6.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: