Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #16
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Default Re: Kansas City Star reports Alex Smith traded to Washington Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Just wait. The Smith cap hit may be a bargain in a year, esp two.

Cousins will be the highest paid player in NFL history most likely. He reset the QB market again. The cap will rise and guys like Wentz, Rodgers, Prescott, etc. will be getting $30- $35 million.

If Kirk Cousins fetches $30 a year or close, think what those other guys will get next time around

I was just never that high on Cousins.

he seemed like somewhat of a statue from what I've seen from him...

and not sure if Cousins can be a solid leader. Washington can see all his weaknesses and simply didn't want to go that direction... I don't blame them either.

Smith is at the end of his career... and is probably more determined than Cousins to have some kind of success to show for. He may not be a better QB than Cousins... I think the Redskin's just wanted some experience.

he'll probably just play three years... and that will give Washington some time to possibly develop a decent QB behind Smith in the final year of his career.

I think it was a decent move for the Redskins...depends on your opinion of Cousins.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:27 PM   #17
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm2mg5QfqPg

(8 seconds)
Old 02-01-2018, 06:47 PM   #18
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

idk...maybe Washington's O-Line / Running game was just terrible.

First Take debates if Kirk Cousins is a Super Bowl QB | First Take | ESPN

Published on Oct 24, 2017

Old 02-02-2018, 07:37 AM   #19
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

my first reaction was @ the money. Can't remember him missing a game in all his years starting for the chiefs. Dude isn't Tom Brady, but he was a qb for a team that consistently won. I ain't mad at that. Never appreciated it at the time because of the way all those seasons ended haha
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #20
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
my first reaction was @ the money. Can't remember him missing a game in all his years starting for the chiefs. Dude isn't Tom Brady, but he was a qb for a team that consistently won. I ain't mad at that. Never appreciated it at the time because of the way all those seasons ended haha

From what I know is the case, Smith is ~$17 million cap hit this season. Probably saves $12 million from having Kirk signed long term.

His cap number goes up from the extension but the cap likely will too soon. $23 million is now going rate for a QB that's top half of the league.

Kirk played this brilliantly. He made over $50 million in two years now he gets to test the market and pick his situation while probably being paid top contract in history.

He'll choose DEN I think because of Elway and the defense but you know NYJ, ARI, etc. will come calling with big money.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #21
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
idk...maybe Washington's O-Line / Running game was just terrible.

The running game has been shit for several consecutive seasons.

The offensive line is certainly one of the best at pass pro when healthy, but Cousins had musical chairs on the offensive line a healthy chunk of the season to injury.

Cousins will be great in Denver if the OC and system is similar to what he's produced in, which seems to be the case when I've seen the Broncos offense.

They just didn't have the horse to execute. Cousins will be top 5 QB with Denver. Guy can make every throw and DEN always seems to get decent running game, even with marginable backs like Anderson, Hillman, etc.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:16 AM   #22
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
I was just never that high on Cousins.

he seemed like somewhat of a statue from what I've seen from him...

and not sure if Cousins can be a solid leader. Washington can see all his weaknesses and simply didn't want to go that direction... I don't blame them either.

Smith is at the end of his career... and is probably more determined than Cousins to have some kind of success to show for. He may not be a better QB than Cousins... I think the Redskin's just wanted some experience.

he'll probably just play three years... and that will give Washington some time to possibly develop a decent QB behind Smith in the final year of his career.

I think it was a decent move for the Redskins...depends on your opinion of Cousins.

For all the positives about Kirk, his biggest weaknesses is his ability to adapt on the fly. You could say this makes him somewhat of a system QB, but I think he would do well for mostly all the NFL clubs.

He isn't good in big games, he looks like a deer in the headlights but with the experience, maybe he can grow out of that.

He throws some boneheaded INTs at times, but even Brady does that
Old 02-02-2018, 08:06 PM   #23
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
For all the positives about Kirk, his biggest weaknesses is his ability to adapt on the fly. You could say this makes him somewhat of a system QB, but I think he would do well for mostly all the NFL clubs.

He isn't good in big games, he looks like a deer in the headlights but with the experience, maybe he can grow out of that.

He throws some boneheaded INTs at times, but even Brady does that

yea, those were the words I was looking for.

He's not a statue... Bledsoe was a statue.

Cousins can move around a little... but it's like he freezes up at times.

again, this may not be entirely his fault.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:07 PM   #24
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Alex Smith gets shitted so hard it's kinda ridiculous. He's a really good QB but he's just not a stat padder nor is he a cocky asshole so he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Everyone is acting like he was at fault for KC's bad post season record. Fact is KC had the most overrated defense in the league for years now. For such an "elite" defense they sure do give up alot of points and collapse in crucial situations of the game. Smith is also one of the clutchest QB's in the league and he carried that KC team to the postseason this year.

The move KC needed to do is get rid of Reid. He's a great regular season coach but he can't get it done in the postseason. They need another coach to get them over the hump.

As for Washington expect their running game to improve alot. Smith is a very good dual threat QB and it should open up space for their backs. Smith is also very good playing out of the spread and is great with the read options which will give them another threat offensively. It's kinda the reason why Charles and Hunt were so great for KC over the years because having Smith as a dual option threat, especially in the spread option, gives them alot of space and freezes up defenders. The WR production will take a hit for Washington but it doesn't look like they even have any good WR's at Washington.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:17 PM   #25
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Alex Smith gets shitted so hard it's kinda ridiculous. He's a really good QB but he's just not a stat padder nor is he a cocky asshole so he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Everyone is acting like he was at fault for KC's bad post season record. Fact is KC had the most overrated defense in the league for years now. For such an "elite" defense they sure do give up alot of points and collapse in crucial situations of the game. Smith is also one of the clutchest QB's in the league and he carried that KC team to the postseason this year.

The move KC needed to do is get rid of Reid. He's a great regular season coach but he can't get it done in the postseason. They need another coach to get them over the hump.

As for Washington expect their running game to improve alot. Smith is a very good dual threat QB and it should open up space for their backs. Smith is also very good playing out of the spread and is great with the read options which will give them another threat offensively. It's kinda the reason why Charles and Hunt were so great for KC over the years because having Smith as a dual option threat, especially in the spread option, gives them alot of space and freezes up defenders. The WR production will take a hit for Washington but it doesn't look like they even have any good WR's at Washington.

Jamal Charles had his two best rushing seasons prior to Smith ever getting there.

Smh
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:37 PM   #26
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Washington Redskins 2018-19 Season HYPE

^ Good video ROCSteady

I got the Redskins starting out 2-0

then going 5-9 the remaining 14 games.

Redskins 2018 Record: 7-9

Schedule:

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-18/20...l-schedule.php
Old 05-21-2018, 10:55 PM   #27
KiiiiNG
Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

Smith is absolutely horrendous. Redskins fans will hate him by week 5. Book it.
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:54 PM   #28
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

All or Nothing | Dallas Cowboys VS Washington Redskins 2017 4k ᴴᴰ

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: