Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    -primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: In Honor of Black History Month:These are the essential Black Movies

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    @ primetime taking this threat to heart.
    ehh...

last time I brought up Obama's party preformers i turned into a closet racist real quick...

touchy subject...

and yeah...maybe it is time for me to go run and hide now...

Default Re: In Honor of Black History Month:These are the essential Black Movies

Also that list doesnt have BOOMERANG. Thats a black movie. It featured a different side of blacks from the sterotypical drug dealer, gang banger, crack addict roles. Here you had a bunch of accomplished, successful black men who spoke proper, dressed sharp as shyt and nailed some fine ass women! hahahaa

I loved the part where Martin kept breaking David Allen Grier balls at the gym. Dude started doing the row machine so fast and was like "If he wasnt a mofo Guardian Angel I wouldve f*cked him up!!!!!". Like you had to see this scene and the exchange to get the funny. Man me and my friend rewinded this scene over and over and laughed til our sides literally hurt.

"Come on check out my Mack Daddy viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibe I'm giving you!"

Every chick in Boomerang could have got, that includes Eartha Kitt. Boomerang is the fantasy of the young Black male.

Also had to add New Jack City to the list. If watched properly it is one of the funniest movies ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Every chick in Boomerang could have got, that includes Eartha Kitt. Boomerang is the fantasy of the young Black male.

Also had to add New Jack City to the list. If watched properly it is one of the funniest movies ever made.
    Agree on both accounts. And also New Jack City scene with Ice T and white dude at the crib is hilarious. Their back and forth of insults/disses was so corny its FUNNY.

I cant think of another role after that where Wesley Snipes came across...cool. Can you? Like all his role dude comes across as wack, lame. But that role he did a good job as a drug kingpin in terms of the coolness factor. Maybe its me. Just thinkin of his roles later on man dude was like a black Jean Claude Van Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Agree on both accounts. And also New Jack City scene with Ice T and white dude at the crib is hilarious. Their back and forth of insults/disses was so corny its FUNNY.

I cant think of another role after that where Wesley Snipes came across...cool. Can you? Like all his role dude comes across as wack, lame. But that role he did a good job as a drug kingpin in terms of the coolness factor. Maybe its me. Just thinkin of his roles later on man dude was like a black Jean Claude Van Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!
    And no Dissappearing Acts doesnt count. He was putting d!ck to the love of my wife

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

[COLOR="Red"]I cant think of another role after that where Wesley Snipes came across...cool. Can you?[/COLOR] Like all his role dude comes across as wack, lame. But that role he did a good job as a drug kingpin in terms of the coolness factor. Maybe its me. Just thinkin of his roles later on man dude was like a black Jean Claude Van Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

couldn't help myself...

I really liked that flick....I don't know why....most don't think it was that great

Forgot about Sugar Hill.

The Pookie angle is one of the best parts of New Jack City. I am like what dealer in his right mind would hire a crackhead to help cut his drugs? Also Pookie was the only person in the mixing area who was not bucknaked.

Allen Payne hitting the pipe after Nino hurt his feelings by knocking off that broad kills me everytime. "Am I my brother's keeper?<tears up, hits the lighter and unleashes the crackhead flame from hell>Yes I am!"<hits pipe> I laugh.

The courtroom scene is always good for a laugh. I was actually pissed that Nino gets killed in that film. Ice T's corniness made me want to see Nino win, and continue to reak havoc in The Carter.

How can Sanaa be the love of your life? I have been under the impression that her heart was property of the Dash Mane.

Cooley High /shyts on your post without a courtesy flush

How dare you. spice 1 on the soundtrack and Clarence Williams III makes it the best movie ever.

Tales From The Hood Funeral Home Demon

Spice 1 - Born II Die

Blu Ray

A Time To Kill
    Higher Learning
    In the Heat Of the Night
    Mississippi Burning

All these > listed so far

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    A Time To Kill
    Higher Learning
    In the Heat Of the Night
    Mississippi Burning

All these > listed so far
    If a fellow Black person has not seen these movies, I will not look at them as if they have a third arm growing out of their forehead. Even though A Time to Kill and In the Heat of the Night come close. A Time to Kill moreso. The I am glad I killed him and I hope he burns in hell line made an otherwise forgettable film memorable. In the Heat of the Night is a great film, but it rarely hear it mentioned in contemporary secret Black conversations. It is not about movie quality, but about cultural importance.

And Mississippi Burning is not a black film.

Black history month... again? Seems like we just had one of these last year. Well I'll do my part.

Menace 2 Society
    Don't be a menace to society while drinking your gin and juice in da hood (I get that right?)
    Friday
    Barbershop
    A raisin in the sun

The Wood?
    A piece of the Action?
    Last edited by Parade; 02-05-2009 at 08:39 PM.

You went from a nice score with The Wiz to being a d!ckhead in a matter of minutes. This thread isnt designed where you google or ask jeeves nut ass "Help me find black movies that qualify for Dasher thread", its for people to brainstorm and see if they can do what is asked.

Any poo butt, sheltered, suburbanite who has zero clue about classic black movies can do what you did and pretend they not only saw those movies but have a recollection of how/when they experienced them (like Dasher did with Im Gonna Git U Sucka).

I could lay into you so bad you'll lose all your hair for good. But I'll back off.

Dont ever pull no stunt like this again while I'm around. Wont be nice next time.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GOBB again.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    If a fellow Black person has not seen these movies, I will not look at them as if they have a third arm growing out of their forehead. Even though A Time to Kill and In the Heat of the Night come close. A Time to Kill moreso. The I am glad I killed him and I hope he burns in hell line made an otherwise forgettable film memorable. In the Heat of the Night is a great film, but it rarely hear it mentioned in contemporary secret Black conversations. It is not about movie quality, but about cultural importance.

And Mississippi Burning is not a black film.
    It's about civil rights activists being murdered. How does that not make it a black film? Because it contains mostly white actors?

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    It's about civil rights activists being murdered. How does that not make it a black film? Because it contains mostly white actors?
    Yep. Black people are props in that film, and for the most part it is not about them at all. In order to be a Black film, black characters must figure prominently. Ask a Black person if Mississippi Burining is a Black film, and they will answer no. I turned to my left and right and asked two bruhs and they said no. In The Heat of the Night and A Time To Kill featured prominent performances by Black actors so they pass the smell test.