Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Default Michael Vick is such a unique talent.

We will never see a quarterback like him again for awhile. The guy can make a play out of nothing. I am watching all these slow white quarterbacks, not being able to make plays when a play breaks down. I'm talking about you Carson " Slower than a Snail" Palmer.

I can only imagine if Michael Vick actually played with a great big time receiver like a Prime Terrell Owens or Prime Randy Moss or Prime Andre Johnson. Hell, Deshawn Jackson isn't even close to the level of receiver those guys were, and he is looking 10x better than he ever has with Vick breaking down coverages like no other.

It is just beautiful to watch him play. Making plays, rolling out the pocket, cannon arm, 4.3 speed. At age 30, he ain't a lost a step, if anything he is just as fast, and a way better passer. It is ashame these white owners and coaches aren't giving him a chance. It is laughable a scrub like Kevin Kolb even was consider a starter over him.

Michael Vick will go down as a HOFer. One of the most talented quarterbacks ever. Ever. End of story.
    Last edited by O.J A 6'4Mamba; 09-19-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Default Re: Michael Vick is such a unique talent.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba

We will never see a quarterback like him again for awhile. The guy can make a play out of nothing. I am watching all these slow white quarterbacks, not being able to make plays when a play breaks down. I'm talking about you Carson " Slower than a Snail" Palmer.

I can only imagine if Michael Vick actually played with a great big time receiver like a Prime Terrell Owens or Prime Randy Moss or Prime Andre Johnson. Hell, Deshawn Jackson isn't even close to the level of receiver those guys were, and he is looking 10x better than he ever has with Vick breaking down coverages like no other.

It is just beautiful to watch him play. Making plays, rolling out the pocket, cannon arm, 4.3 speed. At age 30, he ain't a lost a step, if anything he is just as fast, and a way better passer. It is ashame these white owners and coaches aren't giving him a chance. It is absolute laughable a scrub like Kevin Kolb even was consider a starter over him.

Michael Vick will go down as a HOFer
    . One of the most talented quarterbacks ever. Ever. End of story.
    Uh, hardly.

Sorry, he hasn't accomplished ANYTHING in his career.

Dude he is playing the fcking Detroit Lions, one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

NFL Forum

We have a football forum. I dont want to hear its not active. It is.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    Uh, hardly.

Sorry, he hasn't accomplished ANYTHING in his career.
    Thats not true. But he hasnt accomplished nearly enough to even talk HOF tho.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Thats not true. But he hasnt accomplished nearly enough to even talk HOF tho.
    OK, so he's been a starting quarterback. What else has he done? He's never passed for 3,00 yards. Last year was the first time he's ever had an above average QB passer rating (average being ~ 79.0). He's thrown 20 TDs once. he's never won a Superbowl.

He's not even a pioneer in how he plays. Cunningham was QBing like this in the 80s.

He's a good starting QB, but the OP makes it sound like he's Joe Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    Dude he is playing the fcking Detroit Lions, one of the worst defenses in the NFL.
    still vick>kolb

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I agree he's accomplished and I'd probably want him on my team, but there is no way he's a Hall-of-Famer.

RB in a QB body. Good player, but HOF worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    still vick>kolb
    that may be so but i can think of a lot of slow white quarterbacks I would rather have on my team than Vick

OK, so he's been a starting quarterback. What else has he done? He's never passed for 3,00 yards. Last year was the first time he's ever had an above average QB passer rating (average being ~ 79.0). He's thrown 20 TDs once. he's never won a Superbowl.

He's not even a pioneer in how he plays. Cunningham was QBing like this in the 80s.

He's a good starting QB, but the OP makes it sound like he's Joe Montana.
    He's set numerous rushing records at the QB position and led the Falcons to victories over very legit teams. Most notably winning in GB via the postseason. Cunningham was not the rusher Vick was. Had Reeves stuck around Vick longer and Atlanta didnt try to force Vick into a WCO QB? Vick would have accomplished more. Do you even recall the notable recievers he has played with in his career? Best recievers were probably his RB and TE (Alge).

As far as the OP I honestly didnt take time to read it. Feels like it'll be a waste of time. I'm just saying Vick has accomplished things in his NFL career. Nowhere near enough to even type HOF in the same line. And maybe not enough to satisfy you. But maybe thats what you meant by saying he accomplished nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    that may be so but i can think of a lot of slow white quarterbacks I would rather have on my team than Vick
    same here

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Eli Manning
    Drew Brees
    Aaron Rogers
    Matt Cassel
    Chad Pennington

And I could throw a few others in that list if you take away the "white" requirement and just say "slow quarterbacks"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    He's set numerous rushing records at the QB position and led the Falcons to victories over very legit teams. Most notably winning in GB via the postseason. Cunningham was not the rusher Vick was. Had Reeves stuck around Vick longer and Atlanta didnt try to force Vick into a WCO QB? Vick would have accomplished more. Do you even recall the notable recievers he has played with in his career? Best recievers were probably his RB and TE (Alge).

As far as the OP I honestly didnt take time to read it. Feels like it'll be a waste of time. I'm just saying Vick has accomplished things in his NFL career. Nowhere near enough to even type HOF in the same line. And maybe not enough to satisfy you. But maybe thats what you meant by saying he accomplished nothing.
    Oh, I agree that he's had some nice seasons. And I've said a couple times he's a good QB. I just don't think he's anywhere close to great, and certainly not "One of the most talented quarterbacks ever. Ever. End of story.".

Oh, I agree that he's had some nice seasons. And I've said a couple times he's a good QB. I just don't think he's anywhere close to great, and certainly not "One of the most talented quarterbacks ever. Ever. End of story.".
    One of the most athletically gifted, yes. Definitely. One of the most talented (in terms of QB skills) no.

Oh we're on the same page then.