Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2017, 06:59 PM   #136
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 22,227
Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Bilal Powell finished #32, 11 points short of RB #24 (Cohen).

And go figure, he went from catching 47 balls in 2015, to catching 58 balls in 2016, to catching 22 balls in 2017.

There's 36 points worth of catches that were there last year, but not this year, and he STILL only came up 11 points shy.

That's fantasy for ya.
I’m surprised he finished that high, I thought he would lose his job this year.

Really though, it was only somewhat close because of his monster fluke run where the defense thought the play was over. That one play was like 15 points.

I’ll post your new avy in here soon...not sure what it will be yet.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:33 PM   #137
FUTØN
Good High School Starter
 
FUTØN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back up off the FUTØN
Posts: 954
Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

There's still some reg season weeks left of course but I just realized aside from DJ this seemed like a really good year for RB health? Especially considering how rough this year was in general. Chris Carson and TJ Montgomery are the only other notables I can think of off the top of my head that had a season-ender. Powell definitely needed more attrition than that to sneak in the top 24.
FUTØN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:44 PM   #138
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 20,865
Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTØN
There's still some reg season weeks left of course but I just realized aside from DJ this seemed like a really good year for RB health? Especially considering how rough this year was in general. Chris Carson and TJ Montgomery are the only other notables I can think of off the top of my head that had a season-ender. Powell definitely needed more attrition than that to sneak in the top 24.

Dalvin Cook was another big one.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:13 AM   #139
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 17,520
Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I’m surprised he finished that high, I thought he would lose his job this year.

Really though, it was only somewhat close because of his monster fluke run where the defense thought the play was over. That one play was like 15 points.

I’ll post your new avy in here soon...not sure what it will be yet.

It was somewhat close because his catches were cut by 2/3.

Just the catches (not including the yards or any TDs) would have made him RB #18.

Just didn't think they'd suddenly stop passing him the ball. Forte's catches didn't change, and McGuire only caught the ball 11 times, so it seems like an offensive scheme thing.

Pity.

Last edited by UK2K : 12-06-2017 at 09:17 AM.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:30 AM   #140
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,678
Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
It was somewhat close because his catches were cut by 2/3.

Just the catches (not including the yards or any TDs) would have made him RB #18.

Just didn't think they'd suddenly stop passing him the ball. Forte's catches didn't change, and McGuire only caught the ball 11 times, so it seems like an offensive scheme thing.

Pity.


different quarterback. Ryan fitz was awful last year and the jets passing attack (to wide recievers like decker and marshall) dried up. So there was more dump offs for powell. This year McCown has been airing it out real nice. Robby Anderson and Kearse feastin.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:41 AM   #141
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 17,520
Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
different quarterback. Ryan fitz was awful last year and the jets passing attack (to wide recievers like decker and marshall) dried up. So there was more dump offs for powell. This year McCown has been airing it out real nice. Robby Anderson and Kearse feastin.

Yup, I picked up Robby A in almost every league I am in... he's been great.

Who would have thought, Josh McCown was a vastly superior QB to Fitz. I actually like Fitz, he was decent in Houston and then his first year in NY, he did well. Then... crash and burn.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #142
Mex-Laker
Serious playground baller
 
Mex-Laker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 442
Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Playoff time, need some advice, I have 3 options at my WR2 and Flex for these 3 WR's, can you folks help me out with some advice on who should I place as starters?

- Robby Anderson
- Golden Tate
- Devin Funchess
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #143
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 16,862
Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex-Laker
Playoff time, need some advice, I have 3 options at my WR2 and Flex for these 3 WR's, can you folks help me out with some advice on who should I place as starters?

- Robby Anderson
- Golden Tate
- Devin Funchess
Anderson is a clear tier above both Tate and Funchess, he should be nearly an automatic start at this point.

This week the Lions have a favorable matchup against the Bucs while the Panthers have a bad matchup against the Vikings. Even though he has been slumping, I would lean towards Tate as the second choice.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #144
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 17,520
Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Anderson is a clear tier above both Tate and Funchess, he should be nearly an automatic start at this point.

This week the Lions have a favorable matchup against the Bucs while the Panthers have a bad matchup against the Vikings. Even though he has been slumping, I would lean towards Tate as the second choice.

Funchess is about to see a whole lot of Xavier Rhodes.

No thanks.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #145
Mex-Laker
Serious playground baller
 
Mex-Laker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 442
Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Anderson is a clear tier above both Tate and Funchess, he should be nearly an automatic start at this point.

This week the Lions have a favorable matchup against the Bucs while the Panthers have a bad matchup against the Vikings. Even though he has been slumping, I would lean towards Tate as the second choice.

I agree on Anderson, thanks.

Regarding the Lions, will Stafford be healthy?

I also have him or Big Ben on the same team, but Ben will have a very tough matchup against the Ravens, I'm just not clear about Stafford's hand, if he were healthy there's no way I would heistate on starting him vs that awful crap Defense of my Bucs..
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:20 AM   #146
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 7,543
Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Pick any 2 of the following players

Dion Lewis @ MIA
Alex Collins @ PIT
Josh Gordon vs GB
Robby Anderson @ DEN
Ted Ginn @ ATL
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #147
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 17,520
Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Pick any 2 of the following players

Dion Lewis @ MIA
Alex Collins @ PIT
Josh Gordon vs GB
Robby Anderson @ DEN
Ted Ginn @ ATL

Gordon got 11 targets in his first game back. Don't see any reason why he won't see close to that again, against a sub-par Packers secondary that allows the 26th most passing yards allowed per game.

Beyond that, I don't know. I like Robby but Denver... although they have allowed the most passing TD's out of every team in the NFL.

Standard, Collins or Robby. PPR, I'd go Robby or Lewis.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy