Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
tsforthrees
there, there

Default NFL Off season wish lists

I realize the playoffs just started but for some fans like me (9ers fan) I haven't got to experience that in a while so I like to look forward to the offseason as soon as possible (which is usually around week 6 or so).

I'm trying to get a feel for what other teams need in the draft and free agency, so just list your team and a couple free agents or draft picks you could realistically see your team grabbing.

San Francisco 49ers
DT Albert Haynesworth-Our defensive line played pretty good against the run last season, giving up 3.8 yards per career, but besides Justin Smith no one could crash the pocket or take up more than one defender. Haynesworth could be that guy easily, and if he doesn't re-up with Tennessee I hope we go after him.
WR TJ Houshmanzadeh-There's a chance Isaac Bruce will retire with Martz gone, and Josh Morgan and Jason Hill are still not number one targets and are unproven. TJ would give us a legit number one target and would let us focus on other needs in the draft.

NFL Draft
1. CB Malcolm Jenkins-This guy is going to be a stud from the get-go. If he slips to the 10th pick I would be ecstatic. A corner duo of Clements/Jenkins with Tarell Brown as the nickel back would be amazing for the next four or five years.
2. OLB Clint Sintim-Is a great pass rusher who played in the 3-4 system that the 49ers run. I think he could immediately step in and push Parys Haralson for the starting job, and we could probably grab him in the second round.
3. OG/OT Herman Johnson-This guy is a monster, 6-7 375 pounds. We are going to a run dominated offense and a guy with his size definitely couldn't hurt.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: NFL Off season wish lists

Sounds like NE is going to franchise Cassell and trade him for draft picks, which we should use to draft ALL defensive players.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
I realize the playoffs just started but for some fans like me (9ers fan) I haven't got to experience that in a while so I like to look forward to the offseason as soon as possible (which is usually around week 6 or so).

I'm trying to get a feel for what other teams need in the draft and free agency, so just list your team and a couple free agents or draft picks you could realistically see your team grabbing.

San Francisco 49ers
DT Albert Haynesworth-Our defensive line played pretty good against the run last season, giving up 3.8 yards per career, but besides Justin Smith no one could crash the pocket or take up more than one defender. Haynesworth could be that guy easily, and if he doesn't re-up with Tennessee I hope we go after him.
WR TJ Houshmanzadeh-There's a chance Isaac Bruce will retire with Martz gone, and Josh Morgan and Jason Hill are still not number one targets and are unproven. TJ would give us a legit number one target and would let us focus on other needs in the draft.

NFL Draft
1. CB Malcolm Jenkins-This guy is going to be a stud from the get-go. If he slips to the 10th pick I would be ecstatic. A corner duo of Clements/Jenkins with Tarell Brown as the nickel back would be amazing for the next four or five years.
2. OLB Clint Sintim-Is a great pass rusher who played in the 3-4 system that the 49ers run. I think he could immediately step in and push Parys Haralson for the starting job, and we could probably grab him in the second round.
3. OG/OT Herman Johnson-This guy is a monster, 6-7 375 pounds. We are going to a run dominated offense and a guy with his size definitely couldn't hurt.
the Browns will probably pick him up...

unless he doesn't show up at the combine or something...

this site has Bradford dropping all the way to you guys...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php
Old 01-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
starface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Sounds like NE is going to franchise Cassell and trade him for draft picks, which we should use to draft ALL defensive players.

best your gonna get for him is a 6th round pick.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I hope the Vikes don't give too much for Cassell, but it's obvious they're gonna give something.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

You think NE is going to trade Matt given the Tom Brady's situation? I wouldnt rule it out (I'm not) but when the draft comes around I wanna know Tom Brady will be back next season. If you trade Matt and Tom isnt ready/healthy then who is NE turning too? Granted I'm not high on Matt. He's solid but he is going to get overpaid thanks to that system. Guy has buyer beware in my eyes. Eh
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #7
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
I hope the Vikes don't give too much for Cassell, but it's obvious they're gonna give something.

what picks do the vikings have left that the Pats would want after the Jarred Allen trade?? Pats can get a 1st rounder for Cassell, why would they take vikings 3rd rounder. There is gonna be alot of teams wanting Cassell and some team is gonna give up alot.... Patriots then select the best corner available.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
starface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Pats can get a 1st rounder for Cassell

sorry buddy, matt millen aint a GM anymore, maybe you didnt hear.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You think NE is going to trade Matt given the Tom Brady's situation? I wouldnt rule it out (I'm not) but when the draft comes around I wanna know Tom Brady will be back next season. If you trade Matt and Tom isnt ready/healthy then who is NE turning too? Granted I'm not high on Matt. He's solid but he is going to get overpaid thanks to that system. Guy has buyer beware in my eyes. Eh

I never said which draft. We'll most likely keep him this year, and trade him next offseason. We need him in case Brady isn't ready. We're absolutely going to trade him, though.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #10
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

The Pats are high on Kevin O'Connell the qb they drafted in the 4th round in this past year's draft. I heard he has alot of potential and can be a legit QB in this league, but who knows. Im sure NE's coaching staff can make this guy as good as Cassell. Or maybe Cassell is the next Brady and they trade Brady, like what they did to Bledsoe.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #11
-primetime-

Quote:
yep...

rumors already going around that he may not be playing next year:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

Quote:
NEW YORK (TICKER) —New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s recovery from knee surgery is well behind schedule - to the point it may endanger his 2009 season, according to a report on NBCSports.com.

Brady suffered a torn ACL and MCL in Week One against the Kansas City Chiefs, and his recovery has been hindered by an infection that set in following his initial surgery on October 6, according to the web site.

Citing a league source, NBCSports.com reported that Brady underwent six weeks of antibiotics and a second surgical procedure to clear the infection, but said the ACL and MCL remain “loose.”

Brady, the reigning NFL Most Valuable Player, also has had scar tissue build up in his knee, which does not allow the knee to have full mobility and prevents him from full-scale rehabilitation.

The source told the web site that Brady will need to get the scar tissue removed to build up strength in his quadriceps muscle, but even at that, the looseness in the ligament will not disappear without another surgery.

That could jeopardize the 2009 season for Brady, since doctors would not be able to perform another surgery so soon after the first operation, especially given the current condition of the knee.

Brady’s condition could have a major impact on the team’s dealings with backup quarterback Matt Cassel, who has performed admirably in his first season as a starter and is expected to command major dollars as a free agent in the offseason.

A two-time Super Bowl MVP, Brady threw for a single-season record 50 touchdowns in 2007.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface

sorry buddy, matt millen aint a GM anymore, maybe you didnt hear.

You don't think a team like Chicago or Minnesota wouldn't give up their 1st rounder for a young QB who had a good year? Stop being such a ****ing liberal and think this out. Teams who can use Cassell: Vikings, Bears, Lions, Chiefs, 49ers, Rams, Jets(Favre's out), Titans......
Old 01-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #13
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

A first roundeR? no LMAO
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Eagles

A rb who can get the first down on 3rd and short.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #15
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

Chargers need beef in the O-line.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: