Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Default Re: Hornets Trade Tyson Chandler to Thunder

It's 2009, this team is not what it used to be and moving chandler is a reasonable move. The guy is useless on offense unless you lob it to him and wilcox can step in and do just that.
    they'll miss him on defense but they won't get much worse. they weren't contenders before this deal and that didn't change.

I don't understand why thunder took on his contract.

if teams keep handing out players like this then the knicks need to get in on it.

Some of the comments in this thread make me lol. Have any of you guys every lost 50 bucks before? If you have, I'm sure you were pissed, just like I was. Owners are people too, they want to save money just like us. The economy is terrible right now, we're not the only ones affected by it. I would trade Chandler's *ss too is a heartbeat if I knew it was going to save me some millions. Think about this way, most owners of pro sports franchises made their fortunes by make shrewd business moves in the first place, this is just another one. The Hornets knew they weren't winning the ring this year anyway....
    Last edited by DLeagueWannabe; 02-17-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Are they trying to reduce CP3's assist stats?.
    If you think Paul's assists will be affected you simply dont watch much basketball outside of L.A.

Ich Liebe die Bulls! CelticForce1349's Avatar

I am not a Hornets fan but I feel bad for the players and their fans right now. Any team that needs to start dumping players for financial reasons that were thought to be part of their "core" leaves me uncomfortable. I am sorry guys, this just sucks.

I also can't help but think of the many people I know that choose to remain blissfully ignorant of politics and how it impacts their lives.

I know so many people who just pick a side between Democrats and Republicans like they are choosing a favorite sports team. They never look beyond the hyperbole and talking points to see what is really happening and what it means in the bigger picture. This is a pretty good example of how things catch up to everyone eventually.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
    I know so many people who just pick a side between Democrats and Republicans like they are choosing a favorite sports team. They never look beyond the hyperbole and talking points to see what is really happening and what it means in the bigger picture. This is a pretty good example of how things catch up to everyone eventually.
    so who exactly are you blaming for the global economic crisis?

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Smh

What this league has become.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    so who exactly are you blaming for the global economic crisis?
    I think he's talking about being more aware of situations like this in general.

Pelican Brief

Not as bad as it appears Im going to miss Chandler but the fact of the matter is he didnt do anythign this year. We get more front court depth. But the worst part of this trade is that Hitlon Armstrong will be our starting 5. May Lord have mercy on our souls.

Quote Originally Posted by DLeagueWannabe
    Some of the comments in this thread make me lol. Have any of you guys every lost 50 bucks before? If you have, I'm sure you were pissed, just like I was. Owners are people too, they want to save money just like us. The economy is terrible right now, we're not the only ones affected by it. I would trade Chandler's *ss too is a heartbeat if I knew it was going to save me some millions. Think about this way, most owners of pro sports franchises made their fortunes by make shrewd business moves in the first place, this is just another one. The Hornets knew they weren't winning the ring this year anyway....
    The economy doesnt impact sports teams the way it does us.

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    Not as bad as it appears Im going to miss Chandler but the fact of the matter is he didnt do anythign this year. We get more front court depth. But the worst part of this trade is that Hitlon Armstrong will be our starting 5. May Lord have mercy on our souls.
    Why would Armstrong start with Wilcox now there?

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Because Hilton will get the nod initially until Wilcox can prove he isnt a lame basketball player. He surely lost his job as a starter on a crap team. Why would he automatically get a starter job on a winner? Not saying there is no potential he couldnt start but just not right off the bat. He has alot to prove.

Maybe Chris Saint Paul can bring a new birth to his career. Did to Tyson.

Good college starter

Default what does the chandler trade make the thunder?

what have the thunder become now?

Pelican Brief

Quote Originally Posted by statman32

Good point. But knowing B Scott he has his favorites and he really seems to like Hilton. And Sean Marks.

Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: what does the chandler trade make the thunder?

a slightly less sh!tty team? chandler is an improvement over what they had, but i don't think this trade will cause any drastic improvements. chandler isn't all that good.