Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Ricky Rubio just said that he wont go to the nba if grizziles draft him

http://www.marca.com/2009/05/30/balo...243707521.html

google translate : http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

"In United States is still speculating on the future of Ricky.The Spanish have already confirmed that his agent is already talking with some managers in the NBA. "You have to see what is best for me. Memphis has two, but that does not mean anything"

Default Re: Ricky Rubio just said that he wont go to the nba if grizziles draft him

pulling a steve francis..

maybe he'll end up in houston

j/k

Default Re: Ricky Rubio just said that he wont go to the nba if grizziles draft him

Wizards need to trade up from the 5th spot to get him.

Rubio
    Arenas
    Butler
    Jamison
    Haywood

If they stay healthy that could be nice playoff squad out East.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I'd think that he'll wind up being drafted by Sacramento, either at number four or through a trade. I can't really blame him for not wanting to go to Memphis; staying below the luxury tax is one thing, but I've never seen a team try to cut salary as much as Memphis does. The owners don't have to spend absurd amounts of money, but part of owning an NBA team is being willing to spend enough to put a quality product on the floor, and Memphis' ownership just does not seem willing to do that. It's a shame, too, because they've got a decent young core, and they're really just an elite prospect away from being a team on the rise.

Local High School Star

i wouldnt want any part of that cheap ass team either.

doesnt rubio have to buy out his contract in spain with his own money or something?

and then come to the nba and play for the grizz

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

That's cool. We already have Conley. I say we just draft him and trade his rights along with Jaric for a solid front court scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Wizards need to trade up from the 5th spot to get him.

Rubio
    Arenas
    Butler
    Jamison
    Haywood

If they stay healthy that could be nice playoff squad out East.
    Then maybe if Arenas has a good season they can trade him away again before he hurts himself again?

Quote Originally Posted by Big One
    i wouldnt want any part of that cheap ass team either.

doesnt rubio have to buy out his contract in spain with his own money or something?

and then come to the nba and play for the grizz
    Yeah, NBA teams can only give 500k towards a players buy out, rest is by the player. His buy out this year is $6 million (or was it 8?) and next year, it rockets up to $11 million, meaning, Rubio, will have to pay, at least $5.5 million to come over and play for Memphis, or whoever drafts him

I rule the local playground

This post is trash, and you don't know Spanish or you are a liar.

He just said he wants a good future project, he don't say anything about not playing for Memphis.

Rubio haters, please stop lying.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
    This post is trash, and you don't know Spanish or you are a liar.

He just said he wants a good future project, he don't say anything about not playing for Memphis.

Rubio haters, please stop lying.
    er actually you fail. he said memphis has the no.2 pick , but it means nothing because he doesnt want memphis. funny how the next article talks about memphis intalk with new york for a trade huh.

Ehhh...I dont know, i still dont like these young players walking into the league, and being able to hold teams up like this. Kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth all the way around.

Who the **** is Ricky Rubio?

18, never played a day of NBA ball in your life, and your trying to call the shots? I don't understand why stuff like this doesn't hurt a players stock. Only in the NBA...

Dunking on everybody in the park darabzarrabi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Yeah, NBA teams can only give 500k towards a players buy out, rest is by the player. His buy out this year is $6 million (or was it 8?) and next year, it rockets up to $11 million, meaning, Rubio, will have to pay, at least $5.5 million to come over and play for Memphis, or whoever drafts him
    FWIW I talked to a friend that plays pretty prominent D1 bball and he said in situations like that someone like Rubio would probably sign a big endorsement, and the endorsement company would cover the buyout

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Who the **** is Ricky Rubio?

18, never played a day of NBA ball in your life, and your trying to call the shots? I don't understand why stuff like this doesn't hurt a players stock. Only in the NBA...

I dont get it either. Plus...I CAN GAURANTEE any team that trades away a lot of pieces to acquire Rubio, is going to be dissapointed for a good while.

The ONLY 18 year old, ive known to walk into the league, and make a serious impact, was Lebron James.

This kid is going to take a few years to develope. Hes young, skinny, and im willing to bet, will be a project for a minute.

Banned

i wanted to say who the f*ck he thinks he is

but then i remember when yi came to the league..