Default Paul George leg injury info

Doctors say Paul George's biggest battle is yet to come, and it may take a year or more before he returns to the Pacers lineup.

One day after the two-time All-Star suffered a gruesome open tibia-fibula fracture on his right leg during a USA Basketball intrasquad scrimmage in Las Vegas, the questions began in earnest about George's recovery -- and whether he'd ever regain the form a that made him one of NBA's most complete players.

The 24-year-old George and said he was resting comfortably Saturday morning following surgery. Pacers president of basketball operations Larry Bird later issued a statement saying hopes George will return to Indianapolis next week before the long rehab process begins.

-- AP

Default Re: Paul George leg injury info

The Indiana Pacers expect Paul George to make a full recovery from his gruesome injury

Two weeks after a gruesome compound fracture of his right leg, George said Friday he remains hopeful that he can make it back onto the court late next season even though it's a longshot. George called the injury a "freak accident."

"All I can do at this point is sleep, watch TV and lay down, so it's tough for me. I'm used to being active, lifting weights, being in the gym," George said as his mother and father watched his news conference from a few feet away. "At the same time, I want to be part of this team. The last thing I want to do is feel like I'm not part of this team because I'm out. I'm holding out hope, just personally, because I want to be back."

-- AP

Paul George: "I've been talking to the Pacers staff and my whole training staff and it's really a day-to-day process right now," George said. "I'm really taking it one day at a time. We don't want to put a date on it or put a timeframe on it. I understand that some days I will feel good. Some days I will feel bad. But once I feel great, I know the whole staff will know when it's 'go time.' "It's something that I think I can overcome. It's a bump in the road, but I will be able to battle through this. It will be a story that I can tell, a testimony that I will have and something that will make me stronger going forward. I don't think it will affect me in a negative way."

-- Yahoo Sports